Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The combat in 1 was really bad, I didn't like it in 2 either but it was better. I just picked up 3 while it was on sale but I have to update my graphics card before I can play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

My rig isnt powerful enough to run this :sad:

It sucks. I turned almost all the settings down to the bare minimum and it runs okay but I don't want to play this beautiful game like that

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

net cafe scandal posted:

ANyway... Cyberpunk 2077 is probably going to be amazing

https://youtu.be/izblmgqBs8g

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

one thing i love about gwent is the way characters casually talk about the rare cards which almost exclusively represent geralt and his friends and never acknowledge that there's anything weird about it

*fat drunk at the tavern talking to his mates* You got a Triss card? Hell yeah... That's my waifu

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

a Loving Dog posted:

i had never seen this trailer before and its freaking badass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

This plays at the beginning of w3 iirc, and yeah all of their cinematics are amazing. Blizzard-level quality imo

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

at the date posted:

No, it's the one where Geralt is tracking Yennefer across a battlefield. Segues straight into White Orchard.

Ah right

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

tumor looking batty posted:

i played it tonight and its looks beautiful. the fighting seems much better than the second one

I watched rediscover stream it for a few minutes last week (I have the game but need to upgrade my GPU for the proper experience) and while the game looks good, it also sounds great. Idk what magical forces are used to manage sound and music so well but they did a really good job

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

the first two aren't terrible but unless you have time to kill you should just play 3 imo

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

my new video card arrived today and the first thing I'm going to do after installing it is play The Witcher 3

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

this game has me hooked so bad

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I can't get into Gwent, I've only played a handful of games and mostly lost because my deck is just garbage. I hope there aren't any important quests involving it because I don't want to waste my time with it at all

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I'm going to be sad when I'm finished with this game, it is just so drat good. Story, writing, characters are all captivating, in some parts the dialogue has had me laughing out loud. Combat is fun and the game looks fantastic. Only thing I can find fault in is Gwent but they give you the option to completely ignore that without any negative impacts so it's a non-issue

Gonna try to beat the main quest today and then move on to the DLC after a short break

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

just beat the main story, what an awesome game.

running around deserted kaer morhen now feeling really sad. on to the DLC

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Finished Heart of Stone last night, feeling a little disappointed by it. The main quest felt like a chore because I hated both Olgierd and O'Dimm and wanted a "win" ending that screwed them both over, but I had to choose. In the end I just chose to let Olgierd die because I wanted to get it over with and move on to Blood and Wine, which seems really great so far.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Blood and wine is a God damned masterpiece

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

I'm on a console so i can't get the mod that puts the oils on automatically but I don't think it's that's hard to throw an old on your sword before combat.

That mod was an absolute must-have for me. I can't even imagine having to switch to inventory and manually apply specific oils to my swords before every single instance of combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

vaginal facsimile posted:

You should dude its pretty good and worth trying. Would say if youre not into it by the completion of the Bloody Baron questline to abandon it

good advice

I haven't started my next playthrough but I'm looking forward to because after I beat the game + HoS + B&W I realized that I had never installed any of the free DLC packs. There's a bunch of stuff I missed

• Locked thread