Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
i played the first one a bit & the second one a bit and the combat was insanely boring. like Batman combat but instead of pressing a button to punch, youhave a clunky rts interface that you can click to switch between 3 different buffs to fight the three different in the game; big guy, small guy, swarm guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
not trying to troll, but when people say the world building and writing is good, + the design is good, the music is good. but nobdy is saying the combat + gameplay is good, then everything, imo, is probably actually bad.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

kiting...

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I was wrong. The Witcher 3 is good & now I have the plat. Hope combat is tighter in the next one, though.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

The fighting is okay, but what imo makes it the weak point of the game is just how repetitive it gets. There is a bunch of visually distinct, cool looking monsters with neat lore, but fighting them is very samey. The prep work in combat is good, but a lot of the really useful bombs and potions does stuff that limits monster abilities, like stopping regeneration, and magic abilities, and that is super useful, but it also makes fights duller to actually play out imo.

Humans, flying monsters and golems+elemental+gargoyels have distinctly different combat moves & abilities, but once you've fought a few of each, combat is just really repetitive and takes up a lot of the game.

Really good game imo, but more variety in monster moves & abilities + maybe more Witcher moves or potion effects that makes you do crazy stuff instead of preventing monsters doing crazy stuff would make the combat closer to being on par with the rest of the game. That's what I'm hoping for in a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

In order to not be too negative because it really is a great game, my fav line from the game that made me lol;

Lambert: You had to kneel down to see that?

• Locked thread