Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I hope some people itt gave wine to Shani instead of the correct gift because then you get the best sex scene in gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, but let's just say that wine changes how it goes ;)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

There's nothing better than walking into a giant 30+ bandit camp in B&W, running around alerting all of them, kiting them neatly into a tight group and then exploding them with a freezing aard into a confetti of body parts. Butcher of Blaviken is real. The cherry on top is your PC crashing from calculating all those intestine physics so that you can reload the game and do it again.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKzCeQVoal0

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Like, there's a story scene early on if you choose "recreate an old-game save's choices" where a royalist not-roman bastard asks you story questions that make ZERO sense if you haven't actually played the previous games, but I found answering the questions hilarious nonetheless (lmao yeah I megascoped that wizard babe whatever the gently caress that is) and then enjoyed learning what the answers to those questions meant later.
If you do the questions blind just remember to say that you didn't kill Letho because you lose a neat sidequest with a cool bro otherwise.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

When I decide to replay this Cyberpunk will probably be out so :rip:.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

A badass thing to do in B&W is killing the cyclops giant at the very beginning with a single crossbow bolt aimed at the small opening in his helmet. There's even an achievement for it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CDPR keeping up with humans are the real monsters theme.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'd ignore the rune guy because his mods aren't that useful and save your cash for grandmaster witcher sets in B&W.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://streamable.com/r4cnk

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Apparently it's a mod called Geralt of Rivia's Pro Witcher 3.

It also features turbo swimming.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's a game that makes people who finished it come back to the thread just to vicariously relive the experience of playing it for the first time through other people's posts.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

http://i.imgur.com/cg2ag8l.gifv

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

blade oil ones are good and I've seen some sick bomb builds
bombs are great but they stop being viable during the endgame especially in the expansions

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm not sure as I had a pretty sweet bomb build before the expansion came out and finished the game carpet-bombing everything. Then HoS came out and I couldn't make a dent in those drug dealer knights it introduced (they were level 30+ I think). Bombs just stopped being effective damage-wise to expansion foes but it might have also been a patch that nerfed them, I had to respec into something else. The elemental ones are still effective but the damage dealing ones not really.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Playing on Blood & Broken Bones, though. May be worth trying out Death March, although I'm not sure I want to spend all that time doing those quests all over again. Maybe when I do NG+.
You can change the difficulty at any time, you don't have to start the game over to do it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Should I be saving all my miscellaneous junk to break it down for crafting or should I just sell it for the fast $$$?
What others have said but also the super secret tip is to always break down jewelry and pearl clams into basic materials at a blacksmith because that stuff is worth way way more.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

lol

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Getting the most important main story reference in HoS means choosing a very unlikely ending path. So don't worry about that.

Just remember to give wine to Shani instead of the proper quest gift.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

poo poo I gave her the right quest gift
Think positively - it's another good reason to start another playthrough.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh hey b&w has an entirely new mutation mechanic i did not see that coming
Freezing Aard is hilarious in bandit camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Neurosis posted:

is there anything in the dlc as funny as geralt and his buddies getting gently caress drunk
In HoS there's a dwarf threatening to blow himself up that you can recruit to your heist crew. I recommend saving before talking to him and exploring all the different conversation routes because it's hilarious.

• Locked thread