Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the plant things can go gently caress themselves though, they are a super rough fight for something the game likes to throw at you in pairs and triplets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been taking sick days and catching myself playing this 5 hours in a row a lot. whoops

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so in blood and wine, you get something to do with all the spare skill points you have sitting around. you can purchase really powerful passives, like having your sword damage skyrocket as you fight.

since ive got a focus on spells i went with freezing aard..this thing is hilariously broken. has a huge chance to freeze enemies, if it freezes them and knocks them out at the same time it'll kill them. i thought this meant that i'd knock over the frozen bodies and shatter on the ground but no they just instantly explode into chunks of meat diablo style. combined w grandmaster griffin armor, long range + full sweep aard I just show up to any-sized battle, hold R2, everything loving explodes instantly it is insanely satisfying

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 26, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game desperately needs cosmetic slots..giving up my broken witcher set would be a huge downgrade but you find some incredibly sick armor in this dlc, like an all black vampire assassin suit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i avoid swimming as much as possible. imo if you just do the witcher gear hunts and major contracts youll basically run into all the best loot, places of power, unique monsters, etc.

i am going to hit every ? in b&w tho cause every one of them has been great and extremely rewarding. they really want you to have enough money to dip into endgame power lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume posted:

I still havent played witcher 3. Im going to play it after Ive beaten 1 & 2 and upload the save

i would skip them. heard nothing but bad things about 1, 2 needs 5 mods to be playable and there are like 4 lines in 3 that refer to witcher 2 at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Also its possible to permanently keep the old lady from kicking you out when she acts like its her birthday and tells you she wants golden gloves. I eventually bought them because I got kicked out of the house 20 times in a row once

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think the main problem with the swimming is that it's insanely slow and geralt conrols like a submarine and then they put a pretty restrictive timer on how long you can slowly drift around

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Yes but he is a massive money sink, so only if you're planning to spend

in the end you wont have much else to spend on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat B&W, practically half another witcher game itself. fantastic finale, a lot of poo poo to do in the new huge overworld, new enemies everywhere, basically every ? or interesting looking spot on the map is worth hitting up.

shame that im really done with the game now, w/ almost 200 hours in it i definitely got my money's worth. cd projekt's cyberpunk game is gonna rule

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

id start another file for this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

controller is comfier

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

m+kb is better for fps and rts games and worse for everything else

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

One Man Trash posted:

Does anybody play with the music set to 0?

I turned the music off for my second playthrough and it's nice to hear just the wind in the trees or the bustle of Novigrad and so on. Cutscenes feel very odd without soundtrack though.

theres some good combat music in this game but i get what you mean, especially with some nice headsets on walking around a huge forest and hearing the wind howl through the trees and poo poo is nice
but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGQ2ECQTCis epic theme for mjaor monsters in velen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

every couple of pages a new person starts the DLC for the first time and i am always extremely jealous.

as someone who finished the dlc like a week ago..same

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

god yes. i wish i recorded freezing aard and what it could do to crowds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremely steampunk posted:

Blood and wine is a God damned masterpiece

its really great. hearts of stone was basically a big main quest, i liked it, but yeah it doesnt hold a candle to a genuine expansion

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i replace the 20 minute food perk once i get healing quen, but now i feel like a bitch for using that at all

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

I'm on a console so i can't get the mod that puts the oils on automatically but I don't think it's that's hard to throw an old on your sword before combat.

it just gets old really fast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao when he starts flipping out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i just took it from peoples houses. they dont really seem to care if you ransack their homes for food and water despite having names like Poor Townsman and Peasant and constantly saying stuff like oi guvnor i eat so many pine cones my arse has splinters

lmao mashing the loot button on a big stack of everything some poor guy owns ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

One of the witcher devs made a free immersion/balance mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/

this sounds great drat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

woke up today thinking aboutthis and loling

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Palpek posted:

Freezing Aard is hilarious in bandit camps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcCmkRBVr1s&t=22s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I only played a few hours of this when it came out, I think I’m gonna dive back in soon. I have the complete edition, how does the DLC tie into the main story?

youre given quests that initiate the new DLCs from the getgo (recommended that you do those after you beat the main game though), but theyre completely isolated from the main game. one takes place in a new added chunk of land, and the other teleports you to a completely different continent

• Locked thread