Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
whats the witcher 3 gameplay like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

its so good that r. clown broke character to discuss it

hes a nice guy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
bump .. been playing this. im up to the heart of stone dlc, its nice to hear my local dialect in a game :-] its in the main game too, a few minor characters have the accent but olgierd von everec and the Wild Ones are all geordies. im playing swords only on death march to keep things dangerous, no signs or alchemy except for yrden cos as far as i know you cant kill some wraiths without using something to make them weak to a good stabbing first

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Reprisal posted:

yes but swords only is another level of hell itself

its really not been too hard. it took a while to learn how the dodge system works against certain attacks but ive played lots of souls .. with the 20 minute food perk you can take a few hits and recover. a lot of monsters have at least 1 attack you cant dodge, you have to roll away from. and you cant wail on anything cos they have counter attacks that trigger if you hit them too many times in a row. griffiths are probably the hardest fights cos they have more than 1 unblockable attack that you can only avoid by being out of range of and they counter after like 2 light attacks

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
fleet footed doesnt seem to do anything useful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

if its maxed you wont take any damage while dodging, which makes you practically invincible

so it says but in practise it doesnt do anything you cant do without it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres a ton of attacks that will always hit you for full damage if they touch you whether youre dodging or rolling, like the gargoyles stomp or griffins wing sweep and fleet footed doesnt change any of that. it doesnt seem to give you more iframes for attacks that can be dodged either. i dont think it does anything at all

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i looked on google and it says it works only attacks that can already be dodged, and you have to be dodging directly towards the enemy. so basically for the ability to work you need to a: intentionally roll towards the enemy once it starts to use an attack on you (but it has to be an attack you can dodge) and b: mess up the roll, which already has 1 million iframes without the skill, and then get hit. so basically a specific situation that only godly gamer darksydephil could ever find himself in

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0qT4VXWyc i made a sequel to my bloodborne video. apparently you can beat any fiend at any level if you just stab it once every 2 or 3 seconds since it wont counter attack as long as you dont wail on it and every hit makes them stumble. it spazzes out at the end cos it was my first time fighting it and i didnt know there was a second phase so i just kept attacking it when its supposed to do the ninja smoke bomb move

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i just took it from peoples houses. they dont really seem to care if you ransack their homes for food and water despite having names like Poor Townsman and Peasant and constantly saying stuff like oi guvnor i eat so many pine cones my arse has splinters

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Should I be saving all my miscellaneous junk to break it down for crafting or should I just sell it for the fast $$$?

i kept most of it for a while, but eventually i just sold everything that wasnt a flawless gem or dimeritium cos having 6000 items in your inventory makes it lag on the ps4. chitinous shells are useful too and green gold + copper from the blood and wine dlc is needed but you can sell everything else

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

the abusive peasants and alcoholics arent voice acted they just drove around poland recording people

polish people are really kind, theyre the nicest group of people ive ever lived with. i cant eat their food though, seems like everything they eat comes out of a jar or can

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
funny screenshot of the witcher 3 i saw in fyad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I started this game months ago and never got far, seriously considering giving it another go now that Kuni II has been delayed. It'll either be this or one of the handful of PS2 remakes I've yet to start

its quite good .. it has western rpg style flaws and mechanics but its still much better than every other western rpg

• Locked thread