Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's amazing how the same developer and IP have the worst western RPG I've ever played and the best one I've ever played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

i had never seen this trailer before and its freaking badass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehjJ614QfeM

CD Projeckt absolutely knows how to make a monster hunter look & sound badass.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

cat helps a lot with those bits..but gently caress the swimming in general really

It's extremely hosed up that the new movement system doesn't apply to the swimming, and that Geralt never seems to swim level unless he's on the surface or the very bottom. The mission where you go looking for the djinn with Yennifer was extremely painful.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah if you wore faction armor hostile factions wouldn't attack unless you got close to a really high ranking person or opened fire first. This let you do some of the side quests in either faction base if you didnt do them or whatever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

ive punched a deer to death before. and petted a deer. its not that different from eachother, easy to do with a handful of animal food

Everyone knows it's easier and healthier to make your own deer at home

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ransoming design documents for a video game is pretty cyberpunk

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It grinds my gears that Bethesda sets the western RPG standard when Witcher 3 exists

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the arbitrary mobs of random normal-looking enemies that are actually extremely powerful are the worst part of the game but they don't really matter too much

Ironically its probably the only thing in the game that reminds me of typical western RPG horseshit

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

when you first look at the world map in white orchard

when you beat white orchard and look at the real world map

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BBJoey posted:

i hope cyberpunk 2077 is even close to as good as witcher 3

If it's only half as good it'll still be better than most western RPGs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

all the better balance mods for witcher 3 involve either making you a god with every skill maxed out and selling things gives you more gold than buying them, or it makes it so that you have to be naked with 1 sword or youre over max weight and everything murders you

Death March is pretty much perfect IMO.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anything underwater in this game is just so tedious.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing Witcher 3 without the context is kind of like pulling a detective novel off the shelf and it has a bunch of references to the past you only sort of get. That's good to me.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Controllers are almost always preferable for third person games IMHO

Especially brawler games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I go back and forth because even though the music is good it feels kind of repetitive

• Locked thread