Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I would pay like 30 bucks for a standalone gwent game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I liked the contract to catch an imp and geralt immediately asks the guy if his notice had an "imp-erfection" and then gave the smuggest loving smile

geralt is the best character

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

all the witcher cinematic trailers are super good, even the one for the first witcher

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

https://www.playgwent.com/en/signup

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this game is real good. i'm going to play it again.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i've never thought of graphics that way. that's cool.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

welcome

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

rediscover posted:

idk i haven't decided yet. prolly the red head, natch

reconsider this

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In Training posted:

Is it the same redhead from 2? That's the only thing I remember from that game, is that after you beat the big climatic act 1 boss Geralt and her fall down a hole into a beautifully hidden underground grotto and start loving for no reason

why would you do if after you beat a big climactic boss you and your gf fell down a hole into a beautifully hidden underground grotto

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Pookum posted:

You can bang triss and yen in the same game and not get a bad ending I'm pretty sure.

if you do you have to go with triss

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I preferred hearts of stone because of how tight the story is but blood and wine is real good

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

there's something to be said for both having a very carefully paced story with barely any distractions like HoS and having a sprawling open world where there's a main quest but also a hundred other things, and I'm glad that witcher 3 did both with its expansions

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it still amazes me to think about the first witcher (which i enjoyed) and how much cdpr managed to achieve just 2 games later

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yes, with one exception, if you tell both yen and triss you love them they'll be unamused

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

never trust monsters

except trolls, they own

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i hope cyberpunk 2077 is even close to as good as witcher 3

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

image being a bioware exec working on mass effect andromeda, then witcher 3 comes out. lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i played and enjoyed witcher 1, in english, before the enhanced edition patch. ask me about my brainworms

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

very carefully

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yeah, probably the best expansions/dlcs i've ever played. they compliment the base game perfectly

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yes

you even get to keep your legendary armour and swords from witcher 1

though they're immediately outclassed by some rusty poo poo you pick off a bandit's corpse lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if you played witcher 1, returning to kaer morhen in 3 is an intense feel

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

well i took a mandatory break after hos because i played it at release and b&w wasn't out yet. worked for me

b&w is a very sizeable expansion so make sure you're not going to burn out

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i play with kb+m even though i have a controller. never really thought of using my controller - seems it'd be annoying to go through the inventory, crafting menus etc without a mouse.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i wish this game had dice poker tho, for old time's sakes

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

gently caress.

ok well ill respec my witchman (however that happens) and then put it somewhere else.

what the gently caress is adrenaline used for, anyways?

you respec by buying a potion - certain vendors have them

adrenaline bumps up your damage. it can do quite a bit if you spec yourself right but it’s mostly a background thing

also, as far as skills go, one that’s easy to miss is the alchemy one that increases the toxicity threshold depending on the number of recipes you own - if you want to use potions at all it’s basically mandatory as once you have all the recipes you get triple the threshold or so

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Also this may be the first game in a long time where I actually listen/watch all the dialog, instead of skipping it all the time.

That also means this game is taking me forever to complete, I'm at about level 12.

i wonder how long it took them to get to the point that every dialogue feels unique and dynamic instead of just two mannequins standing five feet apart reading lines at each other

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

agreed, though they did do a few references in the main quest if you do the DLC first because cdpr are madmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i’ve had a good time with ng+, because you don’t need to recollect all your alchemical recipes again and you essentially start with a ‘buffer’ of 50 odd skill points (counting places of power) which lets you experiment more with skill setups. it’s also the only realistic way to unlock all mutations so you open all 4 bonus slots.

otherwise it’s basically the same as a standard play through - your level coming in is treated as the new level 1 and everything scales up from there. even if you bring in the highest level gear you can from your previous playthrough, it’ll quickly be outlevelled by ng+ equipment, so you never feel OP.

• Locked thread