Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i played it tonight and its looks beautiful. the fighting seems much better than the second one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Walking around in awe

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I tried to chase after a guy on my horse but I got stuck on a fence and he got away

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

These are the best looking trees I've ever seen

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

im doing other games now but just knowing i have blood & wine to start and finish still makes me so happy

How many hours do u have in it so far?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Killing the griffin was fun but I also felt bad for it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh wow this is just the prologue? lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Blooody baron is cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is this game hard or am i really bad? I cant parry at all. I cant get the timing down

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I keep putting my points in the fast attack. idgaf about alchemy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

Nothing is harder than a dog

Duke dog

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

This game is prolly the best wrpg ive ever played

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I came upon some elves and they demanded I give them my weapons and they would let me speak to their leader. I said gently caress that and killed everyone in the camp :cheers:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Can't really think of an RPG that tops it, western or japanese.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

can u gently caress all of them or just one? asking for a friend

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the bblonde one wants to go on a date with me but shes boring

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gwen is pretty good for a game within game

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

question i dont really trust the thing in the tree asking me to bring it its bones but i also dont trust the witches. i agreed to help the thing but is there any right decision here?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

its a lose-lose, you gotta pick whats more important 2 you

I created evil barnacle jim

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm in novagrad and getting bored of all the fetch quests. Does it get better

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

You need to find ciri go talk to the mind reader.
*talk to mind reader lady*
Ok you need to talk to dandelion, go talk to Dandelion
*go talk to Dandelion*
He disappeared, you'll have to talk to all of his girlfriends to find him
Ffffff

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I made it to skillege and it good again

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I haven't touched alchemy at all. I put points into all the fast attacks and quen, axii and yrden plus the stuff that gives you a boost if you wear feline stuff

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

are there consequences for letting vigi the loon die?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i need to do that dlc

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Been playing the wicher 3 dlc and it's insanely good. The whole wedding thing was hilarious. Am i boned for having sex with Shani?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tfw you have sex at night and wake up the next morning

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

finished heart of stone and it was bad rear end. i took the rose and didnt help von emerich when the devil took his soul lmao

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Palpek posted:

I hope some people itt gave wine to Shani instead of the correct gift because then you get the best sex scene in gaming.

On the boat?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i beat the game. thought i got the bad ending. good poo poo. starting blood and win soon

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

have you done heart of stone yet

Yeah it was excellent

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got this game recently. What are a few essential tips for a noob who hasn't played more then a few hours of the first game

Hmm. I think the fighting is really intuitive, much better than the first and second game. I would suggest you put experience points into the quick sword stuff and then into signs/potions depending on which you use more. I used Quen a lot which is a magic shield so maybe go with that. Definitely get the skill where eating food is more effective (forget what it's called), it's very helpful. Also I wouldn't purchase armor/weapons, think you'll find good stuff for free.

Don't feel like you need to tackle every icon on the map, they're all pretty similar.

Fungah! posted:

put it on the highest difficulty, youve got to pay attention to the systems and its way more fun. otherwise th game does a pretty good job of explaining itself

Disagreed, normal is fine.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

normal is dumb because you're invincible and heal instantly out of combat and don't have to prepare for anything, which is half the fun. very hard is a little insane for most people (you die in 2 hits regardless of armor) but hard felt perfect

I guess I wasn't into the combat enough to deal with too much of a challenge. To each his own

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I never used sword oils.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

:troll:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The confessions thread got archived so I may as well say it here, I bought the TW3 strategy guide just for its Gwent section.

Jesus

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

i didnt know installing mods for this was so easy. auto apply oils is a must

Yah and auto loot and the thing that increases how much poo poo you can hold because gently caress that

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I started this game months ago and never got far, seriously considering giving it another go now that Kuni II has been delayed. It'll either be this or one of the handful of PS2 remakes I've yet to start

You should dude its pretty good and worth trying. Would say if youre not into it by the completion of the Bloody Baron questline to abandon it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Everything about B&W is pretty well thought out. Like it doesn't even have as good of a Main Quest as HoS IMO (it's good, just HoS's is better), but it takes all the stuff from the base game and both celebrates and laughs at it in a really satisfying way to close out 100+ hours of Witcher 3. The horse quest, the one where you negotiate for potatoes, the testicles quest, the Gwent Dwarves, the postgame quest that sums up your choices...

Plus the overworld music still gets stuck in my head whenever I think of a similar setting anymore, and it's been at least six months since I played B&W. That and the Gwent music really stand out.

I still need to beat B&W, I didn't get very far before other things took over

• Locked thread