Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

I used : Sad: with the hopes that the smiley showing up would represent how I feel and not be a pic of Donald Turmp.

I bet you want to kiss him and your upset at suddenly being subjected to confusing feelings you usually don't like thinking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

The Witcher 3 Pwns.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tumor looking batty posted:

i played it tonight and its looks beautiful. the fighting seems much better than the second one

Is soooo good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Jerkops posted:

I watched rediscover stream it for a few minutes last week (I have the game but need to upgrade my GPU for the proper experience) and while the game looks good, it also sounds great. Idk what magical forces are used to manage sound and music so well but they did a really good job

i was even running on Low settings at the time too.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I really should get back to playing this. it was ducking awesome but halfway through a quest my game crashed and I was to scared to reopen the game cause what if I lost a bunch of progress but now it's been long enough that even if I had I'd be willing to do it again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I was on the phone with a friend the other day who's beaten the game and when I told him I was playing it the first question he asked was which girl i was gonna gently caress

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

idk i haven't decided yet. prolly the red head, natch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

*geralt voice* hmm.. seems like the carpet does match the drapes

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

BBJoey posted:

reconsider this

Reconsider my bung hole bitch.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

That guys a bad rear end. Can you imagine punching. a loving deer to death in real life. Brass balls

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Um.. Well ya it would o.o deers run fast as gently caress dude and just punching it to death -- That would be a lot of punching and you would probably get tired

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Id punch it right in the brain. Boom,.. Dead deer.

Yeah right dude. This convo is over.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, and imagine if it decided to try goring you with those antlers - I dare say it'll do more damage than a punch! That hunter is either very brave, or very stupid
Such a good .gif though hahah

lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Major Isoor posted:

Heh, not entirely certain if all these empty-quotes drawing attention to my post is a good thing or a bad thing :v:
In any case, as I finished the game a little while ago and have been considering replaying it via 'new game+', when you reach B&W does your estate keep all the upgrades, or does it fall back into disrepair? Since I sank a lot of money into that place, not long before finishing the story - so now I'm basically broke and don't really want it to all be for nothing.

it's a good thing -- you said something funny.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm in novagrad and getting bored of all the fetch quests. Does it get better

#ItGetsBetter

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

julian assflange posted:

Just played a great quest in B&W where Roach can talk and it's ftw.

:stonklol: N'oh my god

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Hard mode is canon.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lmfao at your avatar

It's cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can you change difficulty once you start? I got thru some of the opening stuff the other day without seeing much combat

yah you can change it whenever you want

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremely steampunk posted:

this game has me hooked so bad

Yeah it finally got me. I am actually going to boot it up fairly shortly just because of reading this post

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

lol my monitor just owned me and isn't working anymore. no more Witcher 3 til I get this fixed

i'm going to play it all night.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I've played 52 drat hours of this game (more or less, left it idling on the inventory menu to step outside/run a quick errand a few times.. hard to be sure) and I'm level 15 and still feel like I've maybe gotten a tenth of the way into the main story. And there's still the million trillion side quests to do, and the 2 expacs, This game is almost too big. and I haven't even begun to dig into Gwent, and my friend said he ignored it for most of the game and then towards the end he finally tried it and then spent another 20 hours in the game just to play Gwent and collect cards and stuff. The game is good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

klapman posted:

If you're interested in Gwent at all, you might want to start now. Apparently if you wait too long the Gwent difficulty will scale up and even Swamp Farmer Bob will have a top tier deck. That's just what I heard though and I never bothered with it myself

I played a little bit of it on my friends file and it seemed cool enough. But political Intrigue and cutting monsters in half is cooler to me, right now.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Anti-Goomba Stomp: Failing a quest or even a side objective and having that red X next to it forever, in this game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

IMP POLL: Do ya'll play kb/m or controller. I use controller 95% of the time but occasionally I'll use my Mouse for equipping potions and stuff.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i feel like im not supposed to have seen this.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im playing this for the first time, what should I be putting ability points in?

im level 9 and I have points in muscle memory, resolve, fleet footed, melt armor and acquired tolerance.

also im overwhelmed by the number of quests jesus christ there's so many

you can use your ability points however you like.. for example, if a particular ability catches your eye or otherwise seems useful to you, go ahead and drop a point in it. that was my philosophy anyways

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

extremebuff posted:

lmao mashing the loot button on a big stack of everything some poor guy owns ftw

goomba stomp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

at the date posted:

"No, I couldn't possibly accept 20 crowns for ridding your village of that noonwraith, you need that to help your sick daughter." [while shaking her upside down to get her jewelry]

I always take the money. Witchers don't work for free

• Locked thread