Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im playing this for the first time, what should I be putting ability points in?

im level 9 and I have points in muscle memory, resolve, fleet footed, melt armor and acquired tolerance.

also im overwhelmed by the number of quests jesus christ there's so many

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
even for a game named witcher 3 there are a lot of witches in this game

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i'm playing on blood and broken bones and i've died quite a few times but it's not been outrageously hard

it seems like alchemy would be powerful but the first tier of abilities seems like they aren't all that useful except the one that lets you drink way more potions before you go blind with alcohol poisoning

every time i die its like "i didnt drink enough potions"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I.N.R.I posted:

fleet footed doesnt seem to do anything useful

if its maxed you wont take any damage while dodging, which makes you practically invincible

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also holy poo poo this game has so much to do.

i actually bought the game when it came out, but didn't play after killing the griffin due to having a ton of games out at the time, so it got shelved for awhile. it didn't seem like there was much "to do"

now that i made it out of the tutorial area for a few hours, every single thing i run into feels like its a main story quest. every character is actually interesting, and the game handles poo poo like correctly when you do things out of order like accidentally come across the middle of another quest.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

I.N.R.I posted:

i looked on google and it says it works only attacks that can already be dodged, and you have to be dodging directly towards the enemy. so basically for the ability to work you need to a: intentionally roll towards the enemy once it starts to use an attack on you (but it has to be an attack you can dodge) and b: mess up the roll, which already has 1 million iframes without the skill, and then get hit. so basically a specific situation that only godly gamer darksydephil could ever find himself in

gently caress.

ok well ill respec my witchman (however that happens) and then put it somewhere else.

what the gently caress is adrenaline used for, anyways?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

BBJoey posted:

also, as far as skills go, one that’s easy to miss is the alchemy one that increases the toxicity threshold depending on the number of recipes you own - if you want to use potions at all it’s basically mandatory as once you have all the recipes you get triple the threshold or so

yeah I already have the acquired tolerance or whatever, which lets me slam 2 decoctions and still chug potions in a fight, and I haven't even found that many recipes yet.

not sure what other alchemy skills are good.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the whole oil thing is sort of silly because you can reapply it during combat. honestly they should have made it just stay active the entire fight until you change it, because there's no penalty for pausing the game and reapplying the oil.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
the improved oils do do (heh) more damage

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
where'd you get all that water

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i was all about it until i saw the acquired tolerance nerf.

i love slamming a bunch of decoctions and going hog wild

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Also this may be the first game in a long time where I actually listen/watch all the dialog, instead of skipping it all the time.

That also means this game is taking me forever to complete, I'm at about level 12.

Playing on Blood & Broken Bones, though. May be worth trying out Death March, although I'm not sure I want to spend all that time doing those quests all over again. Maybe when I do NG+.

I only seemed to struggle in combat early on up until the game let me leave White Orchard, which having freedom to do other poo poo helped prep me with equipment and levels/skills. Or maybe finally getting a feel for the combat was did it.

Witcher 3 Pwns.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Should I be saving all my miscellaneous junk to break it down for crafting or should I just sell it for the fast $$$?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i've still been playing the gently caress out of this game and it still owns.

just crafted all the enhanced feline armor.

is there a place that sells a lot of alchemy recipes? i thought maybe the quest to find the alchemist to teach me things would be a vendor that was really good (sort of like the mastercraft armorer/blacksmith), but he didn't really seem to have anything.

I'm fiending for them recipes to get my max toxicity up.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
im at the "final preparations" quest and i feel like this is nearing the end of the story.

should i start on the DLC quests now, I'm sitting at level 30 atm.

also the one thing I can say that i consider a negative about this game: experience and what-not was hard to come by early on, and the levelling pace made it seem like there was a ton more to do. then all of a sudden every quest was causing me to gain 1-2 levels at a time, so I skyrocketed from level 22 to 30 in no time.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

Think positively - it's another good reason to start another playthrough.

im straight up going to do NG+ after I finish this DLC.

this time I'll actually play gwent

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yeah so i finished the game and started blood and wine

"whoa this place looks totally different"

"holy poo poo this giant"

*zooms out on the new map*

"holy gently caress"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
also right off the bat im impressed at how better the cutscenes are in blood and wine over the vanilla game

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I started this game months ago and never got far, seriously considering giving it another go now that Kuni II has been delayed. It'll either be this or one of the handful of PS2 remakes I've yet to start

don't pass judgement on the game until you leave white orchard and get to velen.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
wait there's free dlc packs as well?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oh hey b&w has an entirely new mutation mechanic i did not see that coming

how the gently caress was this only $19.99

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm near the end of B&W, thinking about doing another play through and actually playing gwent.

Should I do NG+ or just start a second game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bicyclops posted:

I'd do NG+, and buy a couple of potions of clearance before you switch over. That way, you can change your playstyle a ton in White Orchard until you find something you want to stick with for a little while. Plus, you probably haven't finished your mutations and stuff. Stuff any gear you want to take with you in your stash.

Sounds good. I've bought a few mutations already though, the first combat one, first sign one, and 2 of the alchemy ones (using euphoria at the moment), so I have 2 of the extra ability slots opened up.

Potions of clearance are probably a good idea because I'm definitely built towards concoction abuse due to having all the alchemy formula and have 5 points into acquired tolerance, which won't help at all in a new game.

• Locked thread