Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I played the poo poo out of it on ps4 last summer and it became one of my all time favorites. I'm playing it again on PC now on Ultra Settings and it looks so insanely loving good. Beyond that as people have said the writing and world building is unmatched. Great soundtrack too. Can't wait to dump another 100 hours into it, plus have the expansions to look forward to. Thank you based CDPR.

Just made it to the Baron again... I did cat school skills and gear last time. I've heard alchemy builds are really tight so I might try that out. I maxed out the Igni intensity skill and one shotted the crew that tries to fight you when you're leaving White Orchard with it, lol. I'm gonna max out bombs at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

I love getting into fights that merciful Geralt is tentative about that end either with a sick decap or knocking the guy backwards and slicing his legs off in mid air, hahaha.

E: the combat is really good. They've come a long way since W1.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

youre very wise. I tried playing through this last year and the world and story are cool but I couldnt stand the combat which is the actual gameplay part of the game so I thought it was rear end and stopped playing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They patched in an alternate movement mode which makes the movement tighter at the cost of slightly less realistic animations. That solved almost all of the issues I was having with the movement, YMMV.

I started it right after playing through Bloodborne last year so it was a bit of an adjustment but you just have to approach combat a little differently. Positioning is really important but its not as twitchy as souls and you have way more stopping power in both light and heavy attacks... Give it another shot.

Its a chill foggy misty day in Maine and this gamer can't wait to get home and play this poo poo all evening

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

at the date posted:

I oneshotted the whole group in the inn with grapeshot so in the following cutscene the whole room was drenched in gore while bystanders were screaming and vomiting. I don't think the devs meant that scene to be quite so hardcore.

Lol. I wanna see this. Geralt burns down the mother loving tavern.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

w2 is also a pretty drat good game, especially when it goes on sale for literally 3 bucks but W3 is so much better in every way it just loving eclipses it.

I was gonna play through it first when the trilogy went on sale a few weeks ago, but I also got W3 and just wanted to see how good it'd look on PC and never went back. Someday.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

i beat the vanilla game and started on hearts of stone. the wedding was lots of fun!

Congrats my man. I wanted to do another playthrough of vanilla before I hit the DLCs. I'm in Novigrad looking for Dandelion

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

rediscover posted:

*geralt voice* hmm.. seems like the carpet does match the drapes

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Seriously though, go with Yen

• Locked thread