Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i was up for like 21 hrs sunday and i played witcher 3 on my pc for probably 18 hours of it. i cant believe they made a game this good jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this is after i already put a good 30 hrs on the ps4 version

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I got the ability that lets food stay active for 20 minutes. this changed everything.

I saw some scrubs on /v/ saying it's hard to find enough food to stay alive on blood and broken bones. they suck, I find food everywhere.

this game is so good

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

omg why would anyone want to hurt priscilla? shes such a nice lady. they will taste my blade

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im positive im almost done with the main quest soI went back and got all the Witcher gear upgrades. I think im ready to finish this thing and get into the dlc.

lol how can anyone go back to skyrim after this

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

is Witcher 1 really that bad

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im so pumped for hearts of stone and blood and wine. i just did the most wanted of skellege quest with the four monsters who tried to gently caress you up but you can prove your innocence if youve been a good boy. gently caress this game is good

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

holy poo poo im gonna do that

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

how many hours does everyone have? I prob have 30 in my ps4 save and 63 in my PC one im currently on

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

extremebuff posted:

i just got to the main city in b&w..holy poo poo this is a second game's worth of content easily lol

e: shame i dont care about gwent, there seems to be a lot of stuff for it. the bartenders all have like 100 different cards in stock

ya I only played gwent a few times. it's fun, but I can't get into it. I always buy the cards just in case tho

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

all of skellege for me is covered in question marks. i need to get on it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

do the saves from witcher 1 carry over into witcher 2 like the saves from witcher 2 carry over into wticher 3

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i like underwater cause it makes my crossbow feel useful

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I finally did it. I beat the main quest.

on to dlc :cool:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I bet cyberpunk is gonna be great

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

should I help this rune making dude or nah

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I've been wearing the master craft bear set

its beary good

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

im thinking about taking a break after I'm done with hearts of stone before going into blood and wine. any of you guys do that?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol my monitor just owned me and isn't working anymore. no more Witcher 3 til I get this fixed

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

rediscover posted:

i'm going to play it all night.

nice man I hope you have fun!

I actually don't think it's my monitor I think it's my gpu that's messing up I don't know I tried everything so time for geek squad

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that's loving sick

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

god I want to play so bad. gently caress you computer

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I played on controller. it just seems to work better for third person games

god damnit my video card is on back order until next month. I won't be playing witcher 3 for a while again :(

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i need to stop reading this thread cause its making me really want to play but i cannot

also i cant get into gwent, but i buy all the cards that innkeepers have so maybe i need to give it another shot

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

what does the ps4 pro update give?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I should finish hearts of stone before diving into blood and wine. I've had a 2 month break

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I was gonna bump this to remind everyone that Witcher 3 kicks rear end.

I need to go back and finish hearts of stone before playing what I heard is easily the best dlc/expansion to a modern video game, blood and wine

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

deathmarch is the way the game was supposed to be played

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

its really not been too hard. it took a while to learn how the dodge system works against certain attacks but ive played lots of souls .. with the 20 minute food perk you can take a few hits and recover. a lot of monsters have at least 1 attack you cant dodge, you have to roll away from. and you cant wail on anything cos they have counter attacks that trigger if you hit them too many times in a row. griffiths are probably the hardest fights cos they have more than 1 unblockable attack that you can only avoid by being out of range of and they counter after like 2 light attacks

I love that 20 minute food perk. potions are cool and all but you can find raw meat and crate cheese everywhere

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

yes waiter ill have the raw meat with crate cheese

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

im playing this for the first time, what should I be putting ability points in?

im level 9 and I have points in muscle memory, resolve, fleet footed, melt armor and acquired tolerance.

also im overwhelmed by the number of quests jesus christ there's so many

you can always respec

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the alchemy tree is strong

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

dwarf salesman: would you like some fleet footed dodging? it's like regular dodging except more... fun.

geralt: okay... i'l take 5 points worth.

*a horde of monsters holding signs that say "we don't acknowledge fleet footed dodging"*

geralt: d'oh!

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah I already have the acquired tolerance or whatever, which lets me slam 2 decoctions and still chug potions in a fight, and I haven't even found that many recipes yet.

not sure what other alchemy skills are good.

blade oil ones are good and I've seen some sick bomb builds

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

bombs are great but they stop being viable during the endgame especially in the expansions

I've only just started hearts of stone and haven't touched blood and wine. are the enemies in those more resistant to bombs?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I break down for crafting, craft Witcher gear, and sell other swords and armor that aren't as good as Witcher gear for $

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gonna finish up hearts of stone. that wedding quest was awesome

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

finish main quest then do the dlc. that's how it was meant to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

BBJoey posted:

agreed, though they did do a few references in the main quest if you do the DLC first because cdpr are madmen

cdpr are amazing

• Locked thread