Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

C-Euro posted:

Nice! Which event was this, and what was he piloting?

He won GP Columbus with Iegacy Infect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Jabor posted:

So we've basically come full-circle back to the "no evasion, no way to protect itself, no value if it dies right away" reason people thought it was underwhelming when it first got spoiled?

Sure, but we're also still on best value for the mana for what it asks of you. Tasigur is better in some regard, but he does ask more of you to play him on curve (2cmc) to compare to goyf. A 4/5 goyf still can't be ignored which is what most of his value ends up as, he demands an answer, which allows other more relevant threats to live. I win more games in modern with raging ravine than goyf in grindy matches because after dealing with goyf, bob and scooze they're out of gas.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Right but this is also why I'm skeptical of the miracles decks. Having to put terminus back with Jace means no wrath until turn 5, while letting GDS decks thought scour you or use stubborn denial. Search+Opt+Jace might be the new inclusions needed to make the deck work but I would want to see it in action first. I like playing my Gideons.

Saffron Olive did a really good job of manipulating his library with his miracles in mind last night. He cast opt to miracle teminus for example, because of the scry off of serum visions previously.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Cool. I have the miracles cards and want to try it but I'm always a skeptic about everything. What stream was it on? I want to see the replays.

Modern super league. The match against burn is where he set up a miracle terminus. It was prety slick, he had a negate in hand, two mana (I think uw and w) and everyone expected him to negate the spell and take the damage. He takes the burn and opts in reponse and Randy freaked out, but he terminus'd. He posted today on twitter or reddit that he'd scry'd it with Serum visions and wanted to opt/terminus to hold the negates up for other burn.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Nice. Can't locate it on the stupid twitch app but maybe it'll appear on YouTube later. Was the miracles deck still using 4 field of ruin? No seas seems to make the deck worse against tron but even with seas that matchup is miserable and barely ever winnable in my experience.

I'm not sure if it was full 4, but he beat G Tron and field was really good. He also had a GQ? He came loaded for bear against tron and did well. Doesn't hurt that he set up a t2 stoney silence in game 3 and wrecked him super hard.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Tim Raines IRL posted:

of course I am, I'm trying to make cats playable in modern

no idea if there's any real correlation here, or not, but buyouts have escalated in lockstep with the proliferation of discord servers with dedicated finance and crypto channels, and I've seen a bunch of posts on /tg/ and shitholes like that where people claim to be either leaning on crypto earnings to buy into legacy/vintage, or direct allusions to financial tools. It certainly may not be a driving factor but I'd be kinda surprised if there wasn't some amount of actual laundering happening through MTG cards; it's less extreme than some of the things people are doing to cash out

I played Saheeli Felidar Guardian at my LGS last night and 4-0'd.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sampatrick posted:

Yes sir, that's why I called it an aggro deck.

If you take humans as the leading example of what it takes to be an aggro creature deck in modern, having control elements is a must.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sampatrick posted:

I mean, if your argument is that every aggro deck that has any control elements is an aggro-control deck, then sure. That's a meaningless definition but you can definitely define it that way.

I think that is silly but feel free. I wouldn't call naya zoo with some bolts and/or paths aggro-control. But a deck that attacks the hand or specific cards is certainly a deck that is aiming to, in a limited way, control the game while also threatening to beat down. Basically aggro without utility creatures that can be a disruptive element to your opponents game plan while furthering your own is a no go anymore. Also the more specific the disruptive element, like Reclamation Sage, the worse it is imo. Broad answers like thalia, meddling mage, and kitesail freebooter are great.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sampatrick posted:

Do you also think that the mono-Red decks in Standard are aggro-control decks because if so, honestly what isn't an aggro-control deck?

I have no idea what any deck in standard consists of. Ask me about pauper or modern.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
I think honestly this argument is shifting, my point was "to be aggro and be good in modern, you must have control elements." New spirits has several control elements, but not as good as humans because they're a bit more narrow all said.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sampatrick posted:

I don't see why it is. It's fine to call Jeskai Control just a Control deck instead of a Control deck with some burn elements, it's also fine to call KCI a Combo deck rather than a Combo deck with some control elements, it's perfectly fine to also call Humans and Spirits Aggro decks.

I get what you mean, and you're right. I think though if I was to explain to someone who likes to play aggro why they should play humans vs. say Naya with Reckless Bushwhacker for example, I'd explain they need the broad disruptive elements vs. the lightning speed. Even infect has swung toward this end of the spectrum as you've pointed out, GB infect has come back into vogue for the first time in forever because its better to be really disruptive in a broad sense than it is to just be lightning fast. I'm not going to choose aggro-control as my hill to die on, I just think its fair to say it is descriptive of what the better aggro decks in modern are doing now.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Star Man posted:

Am I an idiot for thinking that Damping Sphere can be a sideboard card against KCI Combo or is it really just Stoney Silence or bust?

It is like Blood Moon vs. Tron. it might buy you a few turns but you literally have to use those turns to close out the game or you still die. KCI will just keep drawing slowly until they find the EE to blow up your sphere. Or, if you are playing a deck they may SB Nature's Claim against you, then they have more outs to find.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Sampatrick posted:

It's not even very likely it'll be a slow process. KCI is perfectly capable of tearing through their deck between Fair, Stirrings, and all their cantrip rocks.

I know. I've been playing it. The deck is a blast to play with, I'm fairly certain it is not very fun to play against. Slowly is relative I suppose, I might only get 2 or 3 extra draws per turn with a damping sphere out vs. 4-6 or infinity when it is not.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Jabor posted:

What's the plan against Surgical? Wait until you have a redundant return-to-hand effect in play before trying to combo?

Surgical is good when it is t1 or t2 discard spell that gets a Scrap Trawler or KCI followed by surgical. If you are trying to gotcha me with a surgical when I'm comboing odds are pretty poo poo to pull it off unless you find a spot where everything that costs more than the target is not on the battlefield, and neither is Myr Retriever, and I don't have a Buried Ruin to activate. It isn't impossible to disrupt the combo, but its really really hard.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Jabor posted:

Would Dispossess work as a one-card equivalent to discard + surgical, or are you usually fast enough to get things on the battlefield before it comes down?

Yes if you get it off before I start comboing. So KCI goes off at 4 mana. It has Mind Stone and Mox Opal as accelerants. So t2 with 2 lands, mox opal, activate, play 2nd mox activate is how the deck can get a T2 win. Rare. T3 win, 3 lands plus either mind stone or mox opal, or 2 lands 2 mox opals, or 2 lands mind stone mox opal. The T2 and T3 combo's have higher chances of failing due to less critical mass of stuff to work with. Generally you have 1 or 2 1cmc cards to draw with and not much to loop. The mind stone is pretty important for the very fast clock, as is darksteel citadel and mox opal, but none of those cards are required for the combo. Dispossess or Stain the Mind effects work well. People often want to go after pyrite, but generally game 2 and 3 against a grindy black deck i'm going to bring in Aether Grids and probably the Wurmcoil. The KCI or Scrap Trawler are the highest value targets, its really almost impossible to win without them combo style. Be wary of dying to a couple EE activations, and being beaten down with Scrap Trawlers (they're 3/2's is a clock) or just Aether Gridded to death.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Star Man posted:

How the gently caress does this deck even lose, then?

In the semi-finals of GP Sao Paulo the Mardu Pyromancer pilot tore it up good. His plan was heavy discard and artifact disruption with some pressure (young peezy is good for this). If they ever get the combo-off window and you don't have something to stop them that is relevant, you're dead. I lost a game to Jund he scoozed me in G1 which was really good. G2 spell bomb kept me from going off really early, he got a liliana out that I couldn't pressure while i was working toward an EE plus enough poo poo to combo with. He ult'd Lili, put me way behind on land and just pressured me enough to get lethal. Constant disruptive pressure is the answer. 2 artifact removal spells or 1 damping sphere is not likely to be enough. You need something like that plus hand disruption plus a way to kill while your slowing them down a lot.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Star Man posted:

Combo decks that involve more than two cards just scare and confuse me and I overthink how to beat them. It's one of those things where I like to know what my options are, how the deck's supposed to work, and if it has an Achilles Heel.

https://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-kci/

In the words of the great Matt Nass "every loop involves KCI and Scap Trawler"

So those are the primary targets to disrupt. They have a KCI in play and cast a scrap trawler? Kill that KCI while the trawler is on the stack. Vice versa? Same deal. Keep in mind showing an early graveyard hate permanent just makes them play cautiously and try to cantrip for EE. If you have a clock this can be in your favor, if you don't your just making the t4 kill into a t6 kill. Stony Silence is the best card because it shuts off EE. They'll sideboard in 4 nature's claim if they think you could have Stony. A timely dispel or other counter on a Nature's Claim would win you the game pretty easily.

Best anti-KCI counter spell. Player at my LGS who likes blue tron busted this out on my friend who was trying out KCI. I cracked up. Who loving plays this card?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Infect
Tron
Mardu Pyromancer
KCI
Hollow One
Humans
UW Control

Thats what I'd consider the top of modern right at the moment.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Tournament Report: 6 round modern event with KCI combo

Oh this was a fun event. I made some stupid mistakes, one of which cost me a match, and one of which almost got me DQ'd!

My list. https://deckbox.org/sets/2070860

Of note, I played 1 Aetherflux Reservoir main, because it sounded fun, and 1 Emrakul side because I'm average (at best!) at this game and wanted EZ wins.

Rd1 Mirror match (2-0)

Of course I start out with a mirror. My opponent won the die role, so I figured I was dead. Especially in G1 you have no real interaction for each other, except to spellbomb a Scrap Trawler to slow your opponent down a turn. My opponent however did not get the combo off before I could, so I felt like I stole a game on the draw. Game 2, sided in some nature's claims. My opponent was doing better, he got to a point where he had Scrap Trawler, KCI, and Myr Retriever in play. He sacced KCI and Myr, selected 2 Chromatic Star's and a Mox Opal to return to his hand. He goes "I have a loop" I said, well you do, but you returned the wrong cards to hand. He did not understand, and I explained a bit, as it turns out this was his first time playing the deck and he didn't 100% understand all the interactions. After I explained how he needed to use the Myr trigger to return KCI, the Trawler trigger from KCI to get back the Myr, and then he gets to pick up a 1 or 0 with the Trawler trigger from the Myr, he scooped. I had the combo for next turn anyway.

Rd2 Counters Company (1-2)

Sigh. Get matched up against my friend that I rode with. Yuck. We took turns combo'ing each other out. I got him 2-1. But I'm a terrible player and so I ended up filling out the match slip 1-2. We didn't notice until after round 3 was over. At least I gave a free win to my friend. Honestly I wasn't upset, It was such a funny me mistake. Doing well at a tournament? Spew equity by not filling out a match slip correctly.

Rd3 Bogles (2-0)

I was excited to see this match. Game 1 I felt really favored, they'd have to have a crazy fast start to get me before I could go off. I was correct, and combo'd them off. Sideboard in 4 Nature's Claim. My opener was really good, I had a claim, an EE, and some cantrips and lands. He went T1 bogle, T2 stony which I blew away instantly. He played a few 1 CMC aura's and a 2nd bogle, I wiped his board with EE. He played a RIP which stuck for a while while I found another EE. He had no pressure so I just played draw go for abit to get what I needed then combo'd again.

Rd4 GB Rock

I'm 2-1 so far and feeling really good. I'm playing well and aside from my silly match slip mistake the day is great. My friend is 3-0. G1 against the Rock he lands and early scooze which is bad, but I haven't put a bunch of stuff in my GY yet, so I just get an EE, clear the way and combo him out. G2 he overwhelms me with LOTV and discard value after I mulled to 5. G3 is tight, he's putting me under a lot of pressure and has an LOTV. I have an Emrakul in hand, and I need to not lose it. We get to a point where I'm going to lose next turn unless I cast Emrakul. I am 2 mana short. I really need a 0cmc artifact. I sac an Ichor Wellspring, rip EE, slam it to sac it, and win on the back of a hard cast Emrakul.

Rd5 Living End

I was not prepared for this. My opponent told me he was on "bad ponza" and proceeded to Ingot Chewer an artifact, then Fulminator two lands. I still hung in there and combo'd him out. He never drew a cascade spell basically. He showed me a Living End after G1 and thats when it dawned on me he was not in fact on some Ponza brew. What can I say, I'm dense. So G2 and G3 I didn't know what to expect or do vs him, he Ingot Chewer and Shriekmaw'd me long enough to violent outburst a million dudes and I lost. This also almost certainly killed my chances at top 8 as I'd probably end up 9th or 10th if I won round 6. Ah well. My friend was still 4-0 and going to double draw in to T8 so at least my earlier mistake paid off for him.

Rd6 Drazi and Taxes (0-2)

So the real meat of the tale is here. I made a terrible mistake in G1 and honestly probably should have been DQ'd. So my opponent opens up with Gemstone Cavern T1 monkey mana Thalia. UGH. However he didn't find a lot of pressure early allowing me to play out lands and cantrips slowly so I had a board state. I drew my single spellbomb, and I think I killed on Thalia with it only to have him replace her. He was pressuring my life total slowly but surely, and we get to the board state where I hosed up badly. I have two Scrap Trawlers out. I need to kill Thalia to go off. At some point I had via a Trawler trigger gotten Spellbomb to hand. My opponent plays a Thought-Knot Seer and exiles it. I played another Trawler. He attacks with Displacer, Thalia, and TKS. I double block Thalia, he flickers one of my Trawlers, the other dies. Two triggers, I pick up Spellbomb and s Chromatic Star. I don't recall if I simply hadn't had spellbomb positioned in a way that it was clearly exiled, or if I did but was just mentally focused on the line to win was pick it up, nuke Thalia, go off. I have a very bad tendancy to get tunnel vision and become blind to lines of play other than the one I think is right. That is what happened here, and a detail like my Spellbomb was exiled didn't register. My opponent saw me pick it up, didn't say anything either. So I untapped, played it, killed Thalia, then started comboing off. At some point my opponent realizes I picked up the Spellbomb from exile. I look at the board state and realized he was correct. I said something like "ugh yeah you're right" and called over a judge. I was trying to work out what exactly had happened, my opponent got very animated and agitated (rightfully so) but he was talking fast and aggresively disputing what I was saying even though I was essentially saying (yes I had put an exiled card into my hand) he was essentially arguing about what turned it happend on. So the judge realized this was all messed up. He talked to us individually, my opponent first. While my opponent was gone, I pieced together the events that lead to the card getting into my hand. I told the judge exactly what I posted here. He then went to talk to the owner to figure out how to deal with this. While he did I told my opponent, that if it was going to end up only being a warning for Failure to maintain gamestate or something since it couldn't be fixed, I'd concede this match to him. I made an error, he had me. He was relieved at that and calmed down a bit.

So the judge and owner pull us out to dicuss. They tell us they're going to call the match a draw and give us each a game loss. The owner says and points at my opponent, I could DQ you and my oppnent starts getting very upset gain (again rightfully so) the owner was just confused about who was who in the scenario. I quickly spoke up and said "I'm the one who made the error, don't give my opponent a game loss give me a game loss and a warning and lets just go to g2." By this point I felt terrible and my opponent was upset and I just wanted him to relax and to get this match over with. Truth is I had lost that match if not for that mistake. The judge and owner were really happy that I took ownership of the error and we continued. My opponent proceeded to stomp me super fast in G2 and won. But just to make sure he eternally regarded me as a scumbag forever, I somehow filled out the loving match slip wrong AGAIN and my opponent signed it. Thankfully one of my friends was like "dude you just filled this out wrong again" Everyone laughed but honestly at this point I probably would have tried to get me DQ'd if I were on the other side of the table.

The judge pulled me aside afterward and thanked me for taking ownership of the mistake and taking the game loss. I was relieved he saw it that way. I hung around the store because my friend made top 8, and as I sat there I thought hard about talking to the judge again. My actions while truly the actions of an idiot, but from a slight change of intent could be cheating. I think this is why cheating is, perhaps not rampant, but hard to catch in Magic. People are probably too forgiving. The judge should have honestly at least given me a warning and Game Loss, and when I hosed the match slip up he probably should have DQ'd me last round or not. The only difference between a smooth cheater and an idiot is intent. I hosed up, and did what I could to make it right. But someone caught cheating would probably do something similar. I ultimately did not go tell the judge he should have punished me harder because I could have been an intentional cheater because I'd rather he and the store owner think of my as an idiot who will own up to his blunders than view me as someone who probably tried to cheat but got caught. However, I really feel that he should have taken further actions for the good of the game overall. He let me off too lightly.

I'm not sure if I'd run KCI back again. It is a hard deck to play. My round 3 and 4 opponents both complimented me on my technical play, which was great. I'm pretty sure that I put all my mental effort into playing the deck well and that is why I made all the stupid mistakes I did.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Lawnie posted:

Your opponent shouldn’t have let you return the spellbomb and that seems worth a warning to her for failing to maintain the game state, at least. But I’m not a judge. Anyway, even if you make a huge mistake, never let your opponent’s reaction affect how the judge call goes. Let the judge make the ruling based on the rules that both players have to follow, using the facts of the situation. People who get agitated during judge calls shouldn’t be playing competitive magic imo.

Agree with you 100%. In good conscious I wasn't will to accept a game win, if we'd have continued the game state from where it was I was going to win, when I should not have. It was important to me, despite my opponent getting a bit more excited or agitated than he should have, to not be that guy who is trying to scum edges. I don't care that much about winning any game to be that guy.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Lawnie posted:

It sounds like you were playing a pptq or something with stakes, though. At FNM level I absolutely would have scooped if I realized I made the mistake you did and was probably going to get away with it, but when you’re playing for something, you should play to win. I wouldn’t count it as “scumming an edge” unless you were a repeat offender. Basically, players make mistakes and the rules are there to resolve them as best as possible for all players. If the judge’s ruling ultimately leaves you with a chance to win the game, then you should take it imo. Your opponent might be salty but she likely wouldn’t give you the game in your shoes, either.

It’s like on mtgo when a player accidentally skips through their turn. If it was the MOCS, you probably wouldn’t skip your turn in return, or at least I wouldn’t.

It was a modern $1k event, I was 3-2 and outside shot for top 8. Likely my match would place me 9th or 10th (it was 9th). I do understand what you mean, but I guess to me having a reputation at a store I intend to visit frequently as the guy who owned up to his mistake and didn't see the guy who essentially F6'd through a KCI players turn get a penalty. I know I made the error, sure my opponent has the obligation to maintain the game state. He should have noticed it, told me to stop, and called a judge. However I know it would ruin my day to lose a game, and possibly a match that I should have won due to someone else taking an illegal game action and it being all on me to catch it. I know I'm not 100% vigilant watching my opponent. I should be, but I'm not. I'm not saying there is no amount of prize money that could have made me act differently, but that number is well above what this event was worth. I primarily go to these $1k's to hang out with my friends for a day, play a lot of modern, then eat some good sushi afterward. I was more upset at myself, for playing poorly and making my opponent who just wanted to have a clean shot to win his match sweat about whether or not he'd get that.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Walked posted:

Trying to decide what to jam on in legacy for the next few weeks+

Doing the Baltimore Legacy Open in September and I was playing 4c Punishing Dack which is pretty... Iffy now that DRS is gone.

I've got access to pretty much everything -

Do I jam Lands? OmniTell? Meme Nic Fit? I really can't decide

I'm buying back into legacy wqith D&T it seems fun and good and gently caress at least the lands all cost less then $100 each. I have a bunch of poo poo from modern, so I'm down to some lands and the weird $20 white weenies that they've been printing in supplemental sets.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Hey guys, I'm cashing out of 95% of my legacy and modern stuff. I will be adding a post to the buy/sell thread with an Excel sheet soon but I just wanted the people here to know in case anyone needs anything.

If you have any D&T stuff I'm in the market for a few last pieces.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I have some pieces. I have:
1 Original port
2 Jitte
2 Batterskull
1 Sword of fire and ice
4 Revokers
4 Mom's
4 StP
4 flickerwisp
1 OG wasteland
1 Spirit of the lab
1 SFM
4 karakas (2 old 2 new)

Don't know what SB you are running.

Need 1 Karakas, new preffered. Other pieces I need are 2 Sanctum Prelate, 2 Containment Priest, 2 Gideon, AoZ.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I have the Gideon's, and the Karakas I think I have containment priests from my miracles deck. Let me check after work.

k, hit me up here, or pm's or whatever.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

AnEdgelord posted:

This card makes me extremely worried for the UW(x) decks. Getting your Teferis, Jaces, Searches and Colonnades blown up by one catchall answer is going to be a problem.

Boring Midrange Piles is my Native American name.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Star Man posted:

Because I like my pal and friend Progenitus even though Craterhoof Behemoth and Emrakul are better and more practical in every way :(

i mean you can do whatever you want but how many games of modern do you think you'll get to chord for him before the game ends? It'll be crazy and cool and all when you get to do it, but i'd wager its gonna be relevant like 1 in 100 or 1 in 1000 games. Like you can sit on a game you could easily win at any time and just wait to convoke and RAWR Progenitus but at the point where you just didn't swing to win for 3 or 4 turns so you could put out a bunch of dudes to convoke with you won without him, you just chose to durdle for a while. Or your UW control opponent is sandbagging a terminus on top of their deck waiting for you to kill them and they still tuck it after you go RAWR Progenitus.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

AlternateNu posted:

What does Phantasmal do for you that you wouldn't typically get from throwing another Rattlechains or Drogskal in the deck?

Lets you play 12 lords.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Skyl3lazer posted:

So who is goin to ETERNAL WEEKEND

I am very likely to go. I finished D&T last month (need to swap one italian legends Karakas for EMA).

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Star Man posted:

I've been going ham on my Modern-legal dual land megacycles project. I'm at 211/320 cards, so just a little under two-thirds of them all.

11/40 painlands (all Tenth Edition)
24/40 checklands (Magic 2010/Innistrad)
40/40 fetchlands (Khans of Tarkir/Modern Masters 2017)
40/40 shocklands (Ravnica: City of Guilds/Guildpact/Dissension)
8/40 filterlands (Shadowmoor/Eventide)
40/40 creaturelands
40/40 fastlands
8/40 scrylands

Beyond those, I am also at:

36/40 tribal lands (I'm counting Mutavault as one even though it doesn't have the same untapped clause the other do. I should get a set of Flamekin Villages too even though they're not in the format. I just need a set of Primal Beyond to finish it.)

4/16 futurelands (Graven Cairns is one, but I'm grouping it with the filterlands and I don't want my set to be from Futre Sight)
12/20 battlelands
16/20 shadowlands
18/20 cycling duals

7/? of however many five-color lands there are in Modern.

0/28 legendary monocolor Kamigawa lands
1/20 monocolor Zendikar lands (dat single Valakut I have lol)

As an aside, I have a playset of every B/G and R/W land in the format.

After finishing off the creaturelands and fastlands in mid-September, most of the rest is cheaper to collect from here. The allied filterlands aren't cheap, especially the blue ones, and even a set of Graven Cairns from Shadowmoor is $20 despite it having two other editions.

:suicide:

impressive. I have had thoughts about doing something similar, but i'm not 100% there. I think i'm close to having the major U/B U/R G/B R/B lands filled out.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

ShaneB posted:

Shooting for some LGS/who the gently caress knows meta here:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1435232#paper

I don't own Bob any more and am not sure I'd even want to play with him right now...

thoughts on this?

Nothing wrong with Rock but Jund is proving to be a little more aggressive right now. Basically figure tracker is a 4 drop, since you want to play him, then a land. So on t5 he maybe swings for 4 or 5 if you crack a couple clues, but BBE swings for 3 on t4 plus you get your card advantage right away. Bob is .... questionable right now, which is why a lot of jund builds have dropped to 3 copies. Jund still really wants another CA engine available aside from BBE. Thats why people have been experimenting with Risk Factor, Faithless Looting, Tireless Tracker etc.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

ShaneB posted:

I simply can't play Jund without Bob, IMO. I have all the Jund poo poo but sold off Bob when I figured he was going to continue to drop. The release of AT sadly bumped him up a bit over bottom (when I sold), but he's already back below $50 again.

I understand completely. I have not hopped on the bandwagon of cutting a Bob even though it is probably "correct" I'm just saying overall that while GB is fine, Jund is probably a small margin better due to being a little more aggressive.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

GoutPatrol posted:

I cut the Bobs and have never looked back, but if I was playing straight GB I would play Bobs and Tracker because I love drawing cards.

Did you cut all of them? What did you replace them with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Paul Zuvella posted:

You can't play combos like this in modern anymore. It folds to every single commonly played 1 mana removal spell in the game. Modern is very, very fast and if your gameplan resolves around having 2 1 mana creatures stick around long enough for you to play your 3 mana do nothing enchantment you're gonna have a bad time

Agreed. I played Izzet Blitz recently and my round 1 opponent was playing some Luka Emrakul deck I guess. I don't really know because I killed him before he could so anything interesting in either game.