Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Razzled posted:

I'm super bummed that my little tier 2 modern deck somehow marauded it's way into a PTQ crushing deck that managed to get itself banned not 6 months after I bought all the pieces...

Is there anything similar I can salvage as much as possible from my Amulet Bloom deck into?

Maybe scapeshift or some sort of Valakut deck?

Add an Azusa, put in 3 explore, and it's a turn 3-4 win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Skyl3lazer posted:

Making infinite squirrels isn't lore-friendly

My Doreen green edh deck says it wants to kick butts and eat tree nuts.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Finally finished my lovely Modern Turbofog deck, excited to (hopefully) troll my aggro-heavy meta with it next week :toot:

Deck: Modern UW Turbofog

//Lands
4 Flooded Strand
2 Glacial Fortress
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Island
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
7 Plains
1 Shelldock Isle

//Spells
2 Angelsong
4 Dawn Charm
4 Dictate of Kruphix
1 Elixir of Immortality
4 Ethereal Haze
4 Holy Day
4 Howling Mine
2 Pollen Lullaby
2 Riot Control
4 Sphinx's Tutelage
2 Supreme Verdict
4 Temple Bell

//Sideboard
4 Leyline of Sanctity
3 Negate
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Pithing Needle
2 Rest in Peace

Display deck statistics

Anything I might have missed or matchups I haven't accounted for?

Isochron scepter to put fogs on

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Had a pair for a while but never felt like I needed them, as I always had fogs in hand. If I did want to include them though I'd probably drop the Lullabies.

They're not great matchups but you have Elixir and Riot Control to gain life (Riot Control also prevents all damage to you, not just combat), and Dawn Charm can counter spells that target me. And FWIW I've never seen Ad Nauseum at my store and very little Burn; pretty much everyone who shows up there wins using the combat step except for one Scapeshift guy and me when I'm playing Mill. That was part of my motivation to build the deck in the first place TBH :v:

The scepters are for dawn charm, which has at least two possibly relevant abilities. Counter target spell that targets you, and prevent all combat damage.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Welp, the CFB booster crates seem like a decent deal.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Star Man posted:

Buying booster packs is never a good deal. Like, ever.

To set up drafts.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

:lol: if you ever have to buy boosters just use the ones you won at your last draft FFS

Life is short, crack boxes if you want, imo.

Kitchen table drafting, dude.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm now up to having 12 modern decks without having to swap cards around between decks. Guys, I, I think I may have a real problem.

Eldritch Elves/combo elves
8 whack
Mono U Tron
Naya Burn
Boggles
Living End
UR possibility Storm
GW hate bears
Torpor Terror
Norin Soul Sisters
Infect
5 color restore balance.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

AgentSythe posted:

What's your list for this? I don't play with Shaman of the Pack but I almost always want to be able to cast my tutor at instant speed without using actual mana. Evolution is better when you have less of a board, but if you're in that situation then sacc'ing an elf is not free at all.

My current list is the hoogland Iona elesh norn allosaurus rider package, but I can't start play testing until my buddy from my local store brings back my regular combo elves deck.

That one's full of the normal combo elf stuff with 4 chords, 4 coco and 3 Genesis wave, dump a shitton f mana into mirror entity's ability, and 5 mana into ezuri's ability, then swing for several dozen trample damage

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Thisuck posted:

I make sure I only use 1 kind of sleeve for everything, including my cube, so I can swap cards out whenever, it's actually pretty awesome since it's buy once then you have access to a bunch of decks.

I want to play more Jund, but I just have a lot more fun playing the Eldrazi Bears and other fun non-Magic like decks, like Dredge.

I use the mana flip boxes, and I use different colored dragon shields so I can tell by looking at the box-sleeve combo what deck is what. I'm scared that putting tape on the flip boxes to label them with deck names will damage them.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Tim Raines IRL posted:

that's like 2 weeks before I'm hoping to move away from the rear end in a top hat of the east forever, but, I'll probably be there

Boston?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

You looking for another masterpiece vial?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

That's a funny way to spell black-red reanimatorleylines.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

don't sign your posts

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Walked posted:

Alright guys. I've got two weeks to pick a deck and jam as many mtgo leagues as possible before SCG Baltimore (modern)

Assuming cost and collection aren't prohibitive, what would you pack?

I'm considering a Deaths Shadow variant obviously, but I expect everyone coming gunning to beat it.

Considering Abzan combo with Devoted Druid, UW Control, Lantern (leaning hard away from this as I expect burn and Tron to be really well represented, but it is what I have the most seat time with).

But anything is on the table as far as I'm concerned.

To echo others, play storm, but don't practice and don't study card interactions, just memorize win condition combos, and present them when you have them, then report back how many scoop

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

If you're good enough, you can get them to do this without even playing your wincon, a la LSV.

That's what our storm player was doing, the first time he ran it, although he had his wincon in deck. Everyone scooped, until Final round, first game, I made him play it out and he fizzled, and I won the next turn, second game he fizzled again and I won the next turn. He traded the deck in at the store the next day.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

On the other hand, be ready for every wise-rear end at your local LGS to show up with this at the next Modern event.

I've been running mono blue for a month.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Star Man posted:

They can unban Stoneforge Mystic after I get my playset first.
promos are 13 bucks each on Amazon. Get to buying.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

That man's voice is the equivalent of this:

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My local store is all modern every FNM, and only runs standard on saturdays.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm pumped to play a ton of Legacy in Atlanta this weekend :black101:

I never get to play around here anymore, the one store that stole all of the Legacy players (thanks to allowing proxies) is run by this Libertarian dipshit I refuse to give my business to :smith:. The upside is that the less savory side of the local magic community here naturally gravitates to that guy, so by avoiding his store I rarely have to deal with MRAs and racists, the community at my regular store has been filtered rather nicely.

Legacy being played by a lot of FYGM folks? Seems legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Yoked posted:

How are the Eldrazi and Taxes decks? I was looking at this and would love to cast Sculler and TKS:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/968788#online

Bonus is that most of the cards I don't have aren't $100 each. However, the mana seems potentially bad since you aren't searching for anything for fixing.

I was also thinking of a GW hatebears list, but this seems to be a little more accessible right now.

What do you still need? I have an extra shell of it minus vials and some sideboard cards because a buddy who was building it hit some money trouble.