Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

One week to EMA as of today :3:

Maybe 75 cards in that set aren't garbage. The drat thing's a disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Johnny Landmine posted:

Anyone disappointed in EMA had expectations they should have realized were unrealistic from the start. (Or they were holding off on buying their Rishadan Ports, I guess.) It's completely in line with the other paper Masters sets we've had before.

If your emotions disagree with our overlord, quit Magic, commit seppuku.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Am I crazy for wanting to buy a couple of Badlands so I can play Dark Burn and B/R Reanimator?

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

AgentSythe posted:

I mean, if it's between buying Badlands and paying rent, yeah sure but if you have the dollars to spend B/R Reanimator is super fun to play and is a deck that has a lot of different lines you can take. if you enjoy that sort of thing you'll like B/R Reanimator

dark burn seems both bad and not fun

It'd be something I save up to/trade in cards for. I basically have the whole deck, except the Badlands, and the Sires of Insanity. Are the Sires actually good? I have zero experience playing against or with them.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

AgentSythe posted:

they're bad if you blow your load on one and they get swords'd, but other than that they're game winning on turn 1. they were worse when there were more goyfs around since if your opponent goes land, land, goyf that can be bad for you but you've already done a million damage at that point anyway

Yeah, if I see any white mana, I'm going to reanimate Iona to stop that poo poo cold.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Lame. I was hoping for some unbannings in Legacy.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Thisuck posted:

Which ones specifically?

I was hoping they hit Terminus :X

Earthcraft, Mind Twist, and Goblin Recruiter. Everything else is way too absurd.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

Recruiter can never be unbanned solely for tournament operation issues.

That's dumb reasoning. Skilled players will sucessfully and swiftly complete their stacks. Bad players will get game losses.

This is how you get to play Goblins again, because Terminus isn't going anywhere.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Sigma-X posted:

When you're at a 30:1 player:judge ratio tournament (and they don't get better than that, let's be real) and 2/30 players are playing recruiter you're going to completely kill the judge's time.

Terminus should get axed :(

The banned list is for format-warping cards, not for cards that require practice.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Were I to test Bedlam Reveler in Legacy Burn, should it be a one-off, or are more warranted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

Is this erotic fiction?