Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mezzanon posted:

and yet it has top 4'd two GP's and won a GP in the last couple weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mezzanon posted:

Ondrej played it to a top 4, PVDDR played it to a top 4 in the team event, Oliver Moon top 4'd with it, and Ondrej also won GP Stockholm with it.

I looked up the lists.

Meanwhile, this Jeskai deck with Mantis Riders and Lightning Angels touches me in the right places.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19273&d=322208&f=MO

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Fingers McLongDong posted:

lol lightning angel

don't @ me

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

C-Euro posted:

OK fine I'll buy Vials gently caress :negative:

Welcome to the bone zone.

I need to find a few copies of Gaddock Teeg :negative:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Want to buy one? I have some number of extra regular version and a judge promo I can probably get rid of. Trade some for some phantasmal images as well.

Maybe in a week, but we can talk about that in PMs.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I feel vindicated for getting everything I ever wanted that was in MM3 as fast as I reasonably could.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ShaneB posted:

Yeah mm3 release was a great time to "make" (read:"save") some money. The price floor was like a week long rather than 2 months after release.

I mean, it took me a year to shore up all of the reprinted fetchlands and I started with Scalding Tarn because $40 was the lowest they were going to get without a regular expansion reprint. I just got the cheap stuff quickly.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Iconic Masters should have just been called Eternal Masters 2017 or something else. I think it's a solid set otherwise. Masters 25 has some yummy reprints, but it's full of bullshit like kicking Chalice of the Void, Ensnaring Bridge, and Imperial Recruiter up to mythic and some really bizarre decisions like Tree of Redemption (supposedly as a last second switch from Tarmogoyf).

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

C-Euro posted:

Thanks for reminding me that I passed a Selvala in a CN2 draft where I was the first person to get bounced from my pod.

Also Goblin Settler seem innocuous enough to easily get reprinted in some supplemental product. Does it even see Legacy or Vintage play?

It has been seen in Goblins before.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I've been going ham on my Modern-legal dual land megacycles project. I'm at 211/320 cards, so just a little under two-thirds of them all.

11/40 painlands (all Tenth Edition)
24/40 checklands (Magic 2010/Innistrad)
40/40 fetchlands (Khans of Tarkir/Modern Masters 2017)
40/40 shocklands (Ravnica: City of Guilds/Guildpact/Dissension)
8/40 filterlands (Shadowmoor/Eventide)
40/40 creaturelands
40/40 fastlands
8/40 scrylands

Beyond those, I am also at:

36/40 tribal lands (I'm counting Mutavault as one even though it doesn't have the same untapped clause the other do. I should get a set of Flamekin Villages too even though they're not in the format. I just need a set of Primal Beyond to finish it.)

4/16 futurelands (Graven Cairns is one, but I'm grouping it with the filterlands and I don't want my set to be from Futre Sight)
12/20 battlelands
16/20 shadowlands
18/20 cycling duals

7/? of however many five-color lands there are in Modern.

0/28 legendary monocolor Kamigawa lands
1/20 monocolor Zendikar lands (dat single Valakut I have lol)

As an aside, I have a playset of every B/G and R/W land in the format.

After finishing off the creaturelands and fastlands in mid-September, most of the rest is cheaper to collect from here. The allied filterlands aren't cheap, especially the blue ones, and even a set of Graven Cairns from Shadowmoor is $20 despite it having two other editions.

:suicide:

Star Man fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 18, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I knew there would be some kind of fringe use for Declaration in Stone.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/1103538914856439809?s=19

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol I posted it in the wrong thread. Oh well.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AlternateNu posted:

If nothing else, it's great against control decks. And it probably has uses against Phoenix decks considering how much instant speed poo poo they toss out.

Doesn't Izzet Phoenix just play all of those cards during its turn anyway? You know, because that's how they reanimate Arclight Phoenix. And the Elemental tokens made by Voice of Resurgence don't do you any good up against a Thing in the Ice.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I decided to put together an MtG goon Discord server that's separate from the regular SA Discord server. This way we can implement bots and sub-channels without needing to request any of that from one of the mods of that server.

https://discord.gg/hBvy99

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheKingofSprings posted:

Bringing U/W to a 5K next week, haven’t played in ages, anyone have any pointers or advice for the deck?

Maindeck Rest in Peace.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Stop playing decks where you think you have any agency.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We decided to bail on tomorrow and just head home early so we aren't getting in at like 2am if we stayed for the day (it's a 7.5 hour drive...). I'm getting too old to do these events.

I think it's less about being too old for it and more like you don't want to take an extra day off work.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Same thing really.

I mean, even when I was twenty, getting in at 2 am and having to be somewhere at 8 am was a mother fucker.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I'm going to laugh in 3 years when the average modern deck costs three thousand dollars.

So when Pioneer decks cost as much as Modern decks do in 2019.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Valicious posted:

Invite expired
Why you taunt me like this?

Because it took you two days and the link was temporary. I made a permanent one.

https://discord.gg/zg6fDFU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

C-Euro posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few people at WotC who are looking at the success of rental services like Manatraders this year and wondering how they can get in on that action. Sounds like an uphill battle with the MTGO secondary market though.

Wizards just needs to come to the realization that if they charge the rental fee, they get that money instead of ManaTraders or Cardhoarder.

But they won't because there's probably people that have power at Wizards that are balls deep in the MTGO secondary market along with the paper secondary market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
This is the Discord link: https://discord.gg/zg6fDFU