Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it's extremely cool, and good, that honest green mages are getting their sylvan libraries turned off by the miracles menace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what are you getting back in lands?

e: i know siggy literally says seismic assault in the tweet but that seems like a super different deck

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol holy poo poo. actual timetwister

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

So this card existing means major potential changes. Cut any extra libraries you had, forget blue splashes. Main board a drop of honey, gw cycler, and a solitary confinement, and go to town. Between cycling lands, punishing fire, and the new walker, you're better than ever as a prison deck, and every part of your game plan is recurrable from the yard. Blast zone protects from b2b and rip, molten vortex, walker, and the Cascade retrace card deal with blood moon, etc. It's huge.

E; sideboard cards like seal of primordium or cindervines are more possible too, frenzy gets cooler, there's just so much tbh

:eyepop:

do you play just the gw cycler dual or do you go back to having a riftstone portal

e: i just put the pieces together on solitary confinement with life from the loam going, holy moly

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

that's the card we're talking about the last few posts my dude. SkyBlazer sets out the reasons to do so

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol thinking about it even more you can use the grove/pfire combo to pay for solitary confinement every turn

skyblazer you're a genius

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Deckit posted:

So I'm pretty excited for Modern Horizon's but they unveiled a 1 mana 1/1 flying Faerie with ETB: Scry 2. I was *just* rebuilding faeries as well. :getin:

edric commander is finally unbeatable

e: i'm the single callous dismissal and 59 maindeck cards in the list above, tag urselves

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

so there is that suspend 4 card that makes two 4/4s. I am one hundred percent sleeving up 4x Bloodbraids, 4x Shardless Agents, a pile of tarmogoyfs and ancestrals and punching people straight in the face

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Talkin legacy my dude. Get those serum visions outta there

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Valicious posted:

I started building tron as it looks really fun. I have most of the cards bought, but I’m not sure on an exact decklist that features new Karn, Liberated, and Lattice. The last time I played Modern was with Affinity in 2013. Are there any good lists/videos out there right now?

it is immoral to assist anyone in putting urza's tower, urza's mine, or urza's power plant into play

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

is grixis death shadow the good guy now

i've been playing that deck and it's a great deal of fun. there sure are a lot of modern players that are perplexed when you interact with them at all

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I do not like the esper version. I don't think it's not good or anything but the play patterns are very strange to me without street wraiths and with, realistically, only four threats. I like that grixis can turn the corner a lot more quickly, or punish a stumble much more brutally.

in the last modern challenge there's an esper mentor deck that I think fits into that slot nicely, but I also have an unhealthy obsession with Unearth'ing Monastery Mentor.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

suicidesteve posted:

I'm the 23 spell Delver deck splashing Angler and no other black cards.

i'm the swords to plowshares in the daze/delver deck

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Gives a bad name to us RG mages trying to recur a ghost quarter every turn

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Lands friends: i finally got my last mox diamond so i can play this

are we off the white splash? is field of the dead just the thing to be doing now?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i wish they would ban all foreign language cards because i forgot what my opponent's japanese humility did which lead me to casting a brainstorm with no cards in my library and a laboratory maniac on the battlefield

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

fadam posted:

Edit: Totally unrelated, but something I’ve been wondering- how up to date are your guys’ local modern metas? The Urza decks are supposed to be this big bogeyman but nobody here is playing it.

there's usually 1 or 2 on the "best" deck or whatever but most people at the FNMs I choose to go to, unless there's a big GP coming up, are there to have a good time and play the decks they want to play while still getting reps in the format, so I don't use what I see at FNM (or whatever small LGS event you're going to) as an indication of much of anything

e: for the record that paradoxical outcome deck is extremely good

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

pee pee doo doo modern is a bad format

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

hope is a mistake

also if anyone is going to make it to Eternal Weekend let me know. I don't have vintage cards anymore but I'll probably play in the legacy event with nic fit or lands or some other garbage rear end deck that will lose to RUG Delver and Turbo Depths and Tomik

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm not going this year but I'll buy you VIP if you can mail me the play mat and hoodie.

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009