Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Archenteron posted:

Someone turned the Breakfast Burrito into some sort of dadaist art piece making it 10x more moving parts and inefficient while having the dubious upside of letting it work in multiplayer(????)

:allbuttons:

Jesus christ. This is all of my favourite things. It reminds me of the deck I played in Tribal Apocalypse that was engineered specifically to unlock achievements, which had bounties of a few tix each in that tournament. I wound up winning more from achievements than whoever came in first place each week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Star Man posted:

Play Assemble the Legion every chance you get.

That kind of growth can be a really odd thing in Magic. If your opponent can't set the pace of the game, they lose.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I came up with a Breakfast Burrito variant that kills the opponent by forcing them to concede or time out on MTGO. I'm hoping to get the kill package to something smaller than 5 cards in the mainboard, but so far this is what I've got.

4x Balustrade Spy
4x Elvish Spirit Guide
1x Eternal Witness
3x Narcomoeba
4x Simian Spirit Guide
1x Sun Titan
1x Worldgorger Dragon
1x Tinder Wall
4x Undercity Informer
1x Wild Cantor
4x Cabal Ritual
4x Dark Ritual
4x Manamorphose
4x Pact of Negation
1x Research//Development
4x Summoner's Pact
4x Chrome Mox
1x Grim Monolith
4x Lotus Petal
1x Animate Dead
2x Bridge from Below
2x Cabal Therapy
1x Dread Return

Sideboard
1x Day of the Dragons
1x Opalescence
1x Callous Oppressor
4x Chancellor of the Annex
4x Leyline of the Void
4x Leyline of Sanctity

Once you use Balustrade Spy or Undercity Informer to put your library into your graveyard, here are the steps to win:

1. Dread Return targeting Sun Titan. Sun Titan returns Animate Dead, enchanting Worldgorger Dragon

2. Worldgorger Dragon exiles everything else, then dies. Animate Dead and Sun Titan return to the battlefield. Animate Dead trigger goes on the stack targeting Worldgorger Dragon, then Sun Titan trigger goes on the stack targeting Lotus Petal. Lotus Petal makes mana, then Animate Dead returns the dragon. Repeat until you have 8WWUUUUG.

3. Sun Titan returns Eternal Witness to get Research. Let the Dragon loop happen one more time, so that...

4. Sun Titan returns an Undercity Informer. Cast Research to shuffle in Day of the Dragons, Opalescence, and Callous Oppressor, then use Undercity Informer to put them all in the graveyard.

5. Worldgorger loop twice for Witness to get the two enchantments, then Sun Titan returns Callous Oppressor.

6. Stop the dragon loop by putting Animate Dead on Undercity Informer, sacrifice Sun Titan, and then cast Opalescence and Day of the Dragons in that order. Hit F6. Your opponent now has to make an infinite number of choices for Callous Oppressor, and will either concede or time out.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 19, 2017

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Jabor posted:

I think you need a 7. Return Undercity Informer and sacrifice Sun Titan, otherwise you'll be making decisions each time through the loop too.

Oops, you're right, thank you. Edited.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

New legacy brew, Battle of Wits Leovold! Surprisingly winning a lot of matches, it's 10-3 so far. It's not very all-in on the Battle of Wits, that's just there (along with Madcap Emperion) as an "I Win" button. It's mostly just BUG midrange valuetown. It's 228 cards, which is small for a Battle of Wits deck, but I wanted to maximize the density of good cards. I am still looking for suggestions for good high-value small creatures, especially green ones that I can find with Green Sun's Zenith. Here's the list:

code:
Land (77)
4x Arid Mesa
4x Badlands
4x Bayou
4x Bloodstained Mire
4x City of Brass
1x Dryad Arbor
4x Flooded Strand
1x Forest
1x Island
4x Mana Confluence
4x Marsh Flats
4x Misty Rainforest
1x Mountain
4x Polluted Delta
4x Scalding Tarn
1x Swamp
4x Taiga
4x Tropical Island
4x Underground Sea
4x Verdant Catacombs
4x Volcanic Island
4x Windswept Heath
4x Wooded Foothills
Creature (47)
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Bloodbraid Elf
1x Coiling Oracle
4x Deathrite Shaman
4x Eternal Witness
1x Kitchen Finks
4x Leovold, Emissary of Trest
4x Lotus Cobra
1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer  Flip
4x Noble Hierarch
1x Platinum Emperion
1x Reclamation Sage
1x Scavenging Ooze
4x Snapcaster Mage
4x Tasigur, the Golden Fang
4x Vendilion Clique
1x Witchstalker
Instant (44)
4x Abrupt Decay
4x Brainstorm
4x Chord of Calling
4x Counterspell
4x Fatal Push
4x Force of Will
4x Intuition
4x Kolaghan's Command
4x Opt
4x Recoil
4x Terminate
Sorcery (48)
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Green Sun's Zenith
4x Inquisition of Kozilek
4x Madcap Experiment
4x Maelstrom Pulse
4x Ponder
4x Portent
4x Preordain
4x Serum Visions
4x Sleight of Hand
4x Thoughtseize
4x Toxic Deluge
Planeswalker (8)
4x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
4x Liliana of the Veil
Enchantment (4)
4x Battle of Wits

Sideboard (15)
4x Bring to Light
4x Flusterstorm
1x Melira, Sylvok Outcast
3x Reclamation Sage
1x Skylasher
1x Thragtusk
1x Xantid Swarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Trygon Prime is a pet inclusion, right? I can't imagine it's the best four-drop available, but annoying people who don't like Universes Beyond is very cool.