Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah 4c yorion elementals is pretty unfun to play against in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

On the yawg thing, +1/+1 and -1/-1 cancel each other now yeah? So 2 +1 counters and 1 -1 just become a single +1 counter as a state based action now?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it shouldn’t really matter but unfortunately I run Wall of Roots so I frequently have creatures with two different kinds of +\- counters on them.

Luckily my opponents are all super good and extremely anal about boardstates ha ha ha ha lol

I run kalonian hydras and riot creatures in modern, wanted to make sure for the yawg matchup unfortunately

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

Post your list!

This is roughly where I'm at. Jam it into the ponza package. I'm thinking of shaving on lightning bolts to add more hydra and titan to have top end, as I originally had to make cuts to get some extra lands in. 20 leads to some horrendous mulligan decisions I've found.

When I say riot creatures I mean I give them riot with rhythm of the wild

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/2649234#paper

4 Arbor Elf
3 Blood Moon
4 Bloodbraid Elf
2 Bonecrusher Giant
1 Boseiju, Who Endures
2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
2 Endurance
7 Forest
2 Inferno Titan
2 Kalonian Hydra
1 Kessig Wolf Run
2 Klothys, God of Destiny
3 Lightning Bolt
2 Molten Rain
2 Mountain
3 Pillage
4 Rhythm of the Wild
4 Stomping Ground
4 Utopia Sprawl
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Windswept Heath
4 Wooded Foothills

2 Anger of the Gods
2 Blightbeetle
2 Cindervines
2 Collector Ouphe
2 Obstinate Baloth
2 Return to Nature
1 Scavenging Ooze
2 Stormbreath Dragon

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

How about some fulminater mages in that pile

I was thinking about it, but fulminator only hits nonbasics. I like blowing up everything. The land destruction is something I've been trying to optimize. Ideally I'd be on 6 or 7 land destruction spells.

Obviously the rhythm package with hydras and titans makes it non-optimal. Would the 2/2 body be better than molten rains? Maybe cut 1 rhythm and 1 fetch? I think the top end is a bit weak with only 4 real payoff bodies for rhythm.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Yeah modern is weird. I don't really know how to describe it but it feels less fun than it was in like 2018. Everything feels so powerful?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

C-Euro posted:

Everything just does too drat much-

-Creatures with such useful ETBs that you're willing to go down a card to use them.
-4-color decks that can not only handle a Blood Moon, but sometimes run it themselves.
-A 1-drop that can put the game away on its own.
-A Gray Ogre that tutors and casts your deck's best spell on cast.
-Decks that can not only run 80 cards, but that are better off running 80 cards than 60.

No I'm not bitter that I finished foiling out Mill right as it became unplayable, where'd you get that idea

Yeah, grinding value was fun. Now it feels like bomb after bomb after bomb

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Don't forget cloudpo- ahahaha

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Cloudpost is okay, Tony seems to do well with it on MTGO.

Yeah, he's real good with it, even in what feels like a not great meta

HootTheOwl posted:

Cloudpost is now G post which is Lands but no Loam-Wasteland loop.

I miss Karnpost

eh I feel it plays differently to a lands deck, at least the little I've played actual lands

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Think that's why I couldn't get into arena. I'd rather see and play with nice people. I've stopped playing modern lately because the format hasn't been as fun and the people I know have stopped

Legacy is fun though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

Bringing my 40k squad cards to legacy tonight. I didn't go fully into the squad post gimmick so it's probably going to suck

What's this deck about?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

Bringing my 40k squad cards to legacy tonight. I didn't go fully into the squad post gimmick so it's probably going to suck

Post the list!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't think I've ever seen anyone hate blood moon more. What were you on?? Was it 40k stuff again

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

At 2-2 you could've gone 7-2, why drop??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Having played some vintage now, my god is bazaar of baghdad an insane magic card.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Unfortunately post has a whole host of other problems

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think it's overhyped but can be a mean gotcha card out of sideboards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

kirtar posted:

Actually the only reason I had notion thief in my sideboard. Unfortunately I missed my opportunity to do it in favor of actually putting a threat on the board. The real gotcha was slamming back to basics with force backup the moment my opponent tapped out though.

Every now and then I get blue decks with choke the same way. Feels good