Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I haven't played in like 2 years, so I went out and updated a half dozen Legacy decks and will be playing this weekend. Is it wrong to play Colorless Eldrazi because I want to cast big dumb fatties, and loan out my infinitely more expensive and better 4-color Delver? Or do I just play Delver like a grownup and live vicariously through a friend dropping fatties? :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

if by colorless eldrazi you mean the temple/eye/Sold Lands deck with chalice and all the artifact based disruption, that deck is extremely good and i'm not sure less well positioned than any of the viable delver flavors

That's the one I mean, without any wacky splashes. My other options are Elves, Dredge, Miracles or some variety of Show-and-or-Sneak, in addition to any Delver variant. Big dumb Eldrazi sounds like what I'll sling; thanks! :)

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
When does Colorless Eldrazi bring in Oblivion Sower out of the sideboard? It's obviously great in the mirror - where else? Lands? Miracles?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Anyone have lists from Eternal Weekend's NA Legacy Championship? There were some hot decks in the stream today but I didn't get to see the top 8 or lists.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Dehtraen posted:

Eldrazi
Death and Taxes
Miracles
Death and Taxes
Death and Taxes
BR Reanimator
4c Delver
Hex Depths

Actual lists --- Vintage up top, legacy below http://www.cardtitan.com/coverage

Oh, that Soldiers deck didn't make it? :(

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Bought myself a NM Lotus for Christmas. I don't own any other power... but have every popular/ top tier Legacy deck. Time to break the bank and play some Vintage!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tim Raines IRL posted:

what's your day job

Vidya game designer.

L0cke17 posted:

Do it!!! Also post pictures!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Right on. Are the hours as bad as I've heard? I've stayed on the non-game side of dev stuff for long enough that I don't think I'll ever make the jump.

They can be. I think I've paid my dues and I'm now at a studio that takes care of its devs, thank god.

This baby'll be double sleeved at all times, but it's definitely getting played. I shuffle very gently as it is, but i'll be extra careful now. :suicide:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I'm seeing Ice Age, Homelands... there's zero money in there, in all likelihood.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Pussy Snorkel posted:

HELLO THERE

looks familiar

Well it's not in my hands yet to take an original photo. :mad: But the shipping alerts are getting texted to my also-new-this-xmas Apple Watch 2, aww yuss. :dance:

My girlfriend warned getting myself a lotus would be a gateway to buying the rest of P9, because I can never stop at just one. I told her she's nuts; I just want a piece of Magic history and it'll look great in a case on my desk. Been pricing out moxen on eBay and the FB groups all day...

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Shardless BUG tournament report

Continuing my (slow) comeback to legacy after an extended break; this time I brought Shardless BUG (played Eldrazi last time) to a 40-player event. Started off real strong, but faded in the end, and lost my win-and-in for the Top 8 (final round opponent made it into Top 8 and I had better breakers going in). I'm used to playing BUG Delver; this was my first event with Shardless. I like it, but I'm so not used to the lack of counter magic. I'm thinking of trying Reid Duke's Leovold BUG next time - looks like a happy middle ground.

--

R1 vs Bant Cloudpost (won 2-0)

We both mulled to 5 on game one. This guy basically never got to keep any gas - I wastelanded his posts, made him discard his Show and Tells, and left him with hands like Emrakul 2.0 and Terminus with no way to get em into play, while Goyfs beat down.

1-0

R2 vs UR Delver (won 2-1)

Every game was super tight. Game one I got down to 1 before getting the kill with a Deathrite activation. Game two I got him down to 1 and then he fireblasted me down from 4. Game three was a nailbiter - He got me to 3 and had 2 cards in hand, and I had the kill on board with double deathrite activations, but it was a few turns before I was able to safely activate incase he responded with a bolt. He kept claiming "I would've snapped it off if I had it, that's just how I play" but I wasn't falling for it. Turns out he didn't actually have it.

2-0

R3 vs Junk (lost 1-2)

Very swingy. I crushed him game one with the power of blue spells, but he got an early sylvan library that dominated game two, and then completely wastelanded me out (3 in a row!) in game three and I couldn't get back online fast enough to answer his beater.

2-1

R4 vs Death & Taxes (won 2-0)

Not even close; game one I had him discard all his creatures so his lands and vials meant nothing. Game two I slammed a null rod and he had kept double vials with jitte.

3-1

R5 vs Belcher (lost 0-2)

Total blowout. He got me on game one turn one, with a 16-gobbo empty the warrens. Game two I kept a hand with force of will and golgari charm, but he stripped the force with cabal therapy, spotted my charm to answer a token army and switched to a tendrils strategy and got me. Yuck.

3-2

R6 vs Dredge (lost 1-2)

Suepr close, and a great opponent - he gave me a lot of advice on my own dredge deck. He got his engine going very early game one, and I couldn't find a deathrite. Game two I had all the hate in the world, with cage, deathrite, and a surgical extraction. Game three he had to mulligan down to 5 and on turn one went for a total hand dump, LED into flashing back faithless looting with a grave troll and a stinkweed imp. I gambled and surgical'd the troll, hoping he'd whiff and be done. He didn't whiff. Found more dredgers, a narco and amalgam, made a bunch of zombies stripping my hand of threats with cabal therapies, and basically just went off. He agreed that it was likely the right play though - if he didn't hit that kind of gas he was out of that game. Feels bad, man!

3-3

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Picking up the Lotus lead to a great deal on some more clean Power, so I'm up to 3/9. It (rightfully) caused a bit of a freak out from the missus, though, so I'll be proxying up the rest. Going to my first Vintage event ever this weekend with the following list:
code:
4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
3 Young Pyromancer
(Creatures) 10

3 Flooded Strand
1 Island
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Tropical Island
2 Underground Sea
2 Volcanic Island
(Lands) 14

1 Dack Fayden
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
(Planeswalkers) 2

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Black Lotus
1 Brainstorm
3 Cabal Therapy
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Dig Through Time
2 Dismember
2 Flusterstorm
3 Force Of Will
3 Gitaxian Probe
3 Gush
3 Mental Misstep
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Ponder
3 Preordain
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
(Other) 34

2 Abrupt Decay
2 Ancient Grudge
4 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Null Rod
1 Pyroblast
1 Snuff Out
1 Sulfur Elemental
2 Tormod's Crypt
(Sideboard) 15

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Glad I've already got Elves in case they ban Top or Terminus. :rolleyes:

It's not gonna happen.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Mini tournament report - went 3-2 playing 4C Leo Gush at a 22-player Vintage event on Sunday. I posted my list about two pages back but can repost if needed. I talked to the original designer and he strongly recommended I find room for 2x Jace, Vryn's Prodigy but I'm not 100% sure what I'll cut to fit them in for next time. This was my very first time playing Vintage.

R1 vs Esper Mentor (won 2-0)

He drew a lot of cards and lost a lot of life off Bobs. He surprised me with a Tendrils that brought me down to 1 (a miscalculation or desperate move to gain some life, I'm not sure) but my deck drew into more threats and I focused on answering his Mentors rather than Bobs, which he eventually had to trade off for Pyromancer tokens.

1-0

R2 vs UWR Mentor (lost 1-2)

So. Many. Mentors. He had a bunch of bolts that took out my DRSs and Pyromancers, then finished me off with an army of monks. I really needed to stick Leovolds but some brutal wastelanding kept me off them for just long enough.

1-1

R3 vs Eldrazi (lost 1-2)

This was super close. He got an early lock on my moxen in game 1 and I couldn't get enough mana to form a defense, but I boarded into a bunch of removal and really blew him out game 2. Game 3 was super close, but after a bit of a grind he ended up drawing into something like Mimic, Smasher, Smasher and it was just too much. I was a turn or two from sealing the deal with DRS, too. I did get to steal a Phyrexian Metamorph copying some big 'Drazi with Dack Fayden in game 2; that was sweet.

1-2

R4 vs Merfolk (won 2-0)

A total blowout; I ignored the True Names and removed any lords, and my threats won the damage race handily, both games. We barely interacted, though. Game 2 I had the turn 1 JTMS off of Black Lotus. Life goals!

2-2

R5 vs UW Landstill (won 2-1)

I handed him game 1, throwing away Pyromancer into a Mishra's Factory I just plain forgot about. Games 2 and 3 we started with turn 1 counterwars over my DRSs and I came out on top both times. He never got back into the game after dumping our hands. Leovolds in both games completely sealed the deal, and even though he got a Moat I was easily able to drain for the win off DRS.

3-2

I finished 9th. Another 3-2 made it into the Top 8, beating me out on tie breakers. I'd have loved to play some more; this was a blast and I'm totally sold on the format. Thank goodness, since it was a little pricey to jump into the deep end! :)

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 17, 2017

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
4 of 9!

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

L0cke17 posted:

Vintage is the best format bar none. Glad you had fun!

I've had a lot of trouble making Leovold work though in that format. My best luck was not with a Pyromancer build which I've tried a lot, but with 4-color not red and running mentors myself. Having swords and my own mentors made the matchup much better vs mentor. I also played nights whisper over gush because it was too reliant on land-drops to keep up mid-game pressure. And I had only strip mine and no mana denial plan to make room.

I feel like a lot of the sideboard options are better with red than white, but I'm not familiar enough with the format to make those kind of calls. I'm not on mana denial at all; my lands are all fetches or blue duals with a single island. Leovold himself was an all star; I don't think he's going anywhere. Just need to nail down the shell.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Yeah, that's a very different list. Here's what I'm on, before finding room for two JVPs. Leaning towards cutting 1x Flusterstorm and... I don't know what else.

code:
4 Deathrite Shaman
3 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
3 Young Pyromancer
(Creatures) 10

1 Island
3 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
2 Tropical Island
2 Underground Sea
2 Volcanic Island
(Lands) 14

1 Dack Fayden
(Planeswalkers) 2

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Black Lotus
1 Brainstorm
3 Cabal Therapy
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Dig Through Time
2 Dismember
2 Flusterstorm
3 Force Of Will
3 Gitaxian Probe
3 Gush
3 Mental Misstep
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Ponder
3 Preordain
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
(Other) 34

2 Abrupt Decay
2 Ancient Grudge
4 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Null Rod
1 Pyroblast
1 Snuff Out
1 Sulfur Elemental
2 Tormod's Crypt
(Sideboard) 15

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

mcmagic posted:

Sultai Delver in Legacy is sweet and fun.

This has been my go-to for a couple years now, despite being able to make every other top tier Legacy deck. Excluding those Lands decks because :rolleyes:Tabernacle:rolleyes:.

I'm working on my Fatal Push/Dismember split; Eldrazi is still a menace 'round here so I'm keeping at least one Dismember.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
It's hard to take a deck pic when there are so many one-ofs!

Vintage Leo-Gush, mint power/duals and foiled out, just need judge Forces and fetches to really top it off. So excited to shuffle this up on Sunday!

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 16, 2017

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
No good? I like promos and expeditions are uggo.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

suicidesteve posted:

Pack foils. Come on, have some respect for the game.

Meh. I feel like promos are more fun; pack foils are just like the regular cards. But shiny. Promos get the shooting star or FNM stamp or a different border etc etc.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

suicidesteve posted:

I actually have 5 because I didn't want to have to move one between my cube and my deck. :v:

This is why I have 12 Force of Wills :bang: Four of em are Judge foils I just ordered for that Vintage deck, though.

Why do Judge fetches in particular look bad? Is it the crappy foiling like FTVs?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
I love the modern frames, though. Not the new-new ones with the foil dot, but the 8th+ frame.

I should get more Japanese stuff for D&T; I have Japanese Rishadan Ports. I'm only at 8 Wastelands; other than the 12 Forces I think I cap out at 8 or 9 for most expensive-ish cards; usually means they're in two legacy decks, and an EDH deck if it's 9 copies.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
It's "gaining traction" like Tiny Leaders did. In that there'll be a frenzy for a couple weeks and then it'll disappear entirely because it's bad.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
T-t-t-tournament report. Played some Vintage today; only 14 players because of Easter, so it was 4 rounds with a cut to Top 4. I played UWR Mentor Gush (no proxies, foiled out, first time with the deck). I fully expect it'll also be my last time with the deck, because how can Gush stay unrestricted? Fingers crossed it sticks around.

List:
code:
3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
3 Monastery Mentor
(Creature ) 6

4 Flooded Strand
1 Island
1 Library Of Alexandria
3 Scalding Tarn
1 Strip Mine
3 Tundra
3 Volcanic Island
(Land ) 16

1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
2 Dack Fayden
(Planeswalker) 4

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Black Lotus
1 Brainstorm
1 Dig Through Time
4 Force Of Will
2 Gitaxian Probe
3 Gush
3 Mental Misstep
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Ponder
3 Preordain
2 Pyroblast
2 Stony Silence
3 Swords To Plowshares
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
(Other ) 34

1 Balance
3 Containment Priest
1 Disenchant
2 Fragmentize
2 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Mindbreak Trap
1 Plains
1 Pyroblast
1 Rest in Peace
1 Stony Silence
1 Swords To Plowshares
(Sideboard ) 15
Round 1: Grixis Control (won 2-1)

Lost the first game to going second, losing the fast mana race, and not having an immediate answer to a Blightsteel Colossus. Won the other two, off the back of a Lotus'd out Mentor on turn 1 in game 2, and then a Library of Alexandria turn 1 in game 3. My BM of the night was going "I'll tap this to draw 1. Is that how this works? This seems broken." I'd never activated a Library before.

1-0

Round 2: Merfolk (won 2-0)

This was a Standard player that had borrowed one of the store's decks. He piloted it fine, in that he threw all the Merfolk from his hand onto the battlefied. Game 1 he got my health fairly low, but a Mentor raced him pretty handily. Game 2 he got stuck on a single Island which I stripmined, and a turn 2 Dack Fayden ran away with the match.

2-0

Round 3: Mod Squad Workshops (lost 0-2)

Ho boy, I was not prepared for this. Game 1 I got hit with the turn 1 Chalice for 0 and Revoker naming Dack. In my hand? 3 moxen and a Dack. Game 2 I got an early Stony Silence... and got beat to death with Revokers and Factories and a Ballista. Got schooled pretty good on how to board, what to mulligan for, etc after the match was over. We had a lot of time left.

2-1

Round 4: BUG Gush (won 2-0)

The first game had a decent back and forth with removal and some counter wars, but I hit a critical mass of planeswalkers and ground out a win. Game two was much faster, with a Lotus'd out Mentor and then Chandra nuking their Leovold (or was it a Deathrite and I countered the Leovold? Forget.) Swords to Plowshares and Pyroblast just seemed way better than any of their ways to interact with my cards.

3-1

Semi-Finals: Mod Squad Workshops (won 2-0)

Made it into the Top 4, and got my revenge on Shops. Mulligan'd into one of the Stony Silences and a hand full of land and cantrips, and found all the tools for the job. Game two they had to mull to 5, kept a no-lander, and I very quickly found a Silence and a Mentor. I still probably wasn't aggressive enough in fetching for basics, but it didn't end up biting me.

Finals: UWR Mentor (split, unplayed)

4-1-1, 1st Place (tied)

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 17, 2017

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Pontius Pilate posted:

Nice suicidesteve bait. Did you ever see the Chandra? Hadn't seen her in vintage yet.

Congrats on the good finish especially for your first time in a new format.

I've been playing Vintage since the start of the year. I'd just been playing 4-color Leo Gush till now.

Chandra came up in my match against BUG Gush, where she nuked some critters, but I didn't get to cheat her out early for mana. The deck designer describes her as a "non-blue haymaker" (hence hard to remove) and I'm inclined to agree.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Those three get fatal-pushed, swordsed, etc. Gideon is an option but he doesn't make mana if you cheat him out on the first turn, which seems relevant.

If Mentor goes and Gush doesn't I'm so prepared to play Leovold Gush again.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please play an honorable blue deck, like Landstill

I'm not sure that's a thing in Vintage? :confused:

suicidesteve posted:

What are you casting for RR on turn 1 if you play Lotus, Chandra? Do you also have Mox, Mentor or Dack because if so I think there was a better way to sequence things.

Land, Lotus, Chandra, Mox, Mentor seems like a good turn 1. Are you thinking 4-drop Gideon is better? Some other options are Stony Silence #4 (might cut Balance for that) or another Mentor, or a Snapcaster... not sure. I'm not thinking about it too hard until the next B&R announcement.

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 17, 2017

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

suicidesteve posted:

It won Champs.

I think in that scenario Gideon would be better and I think turn 1 Mentor, Mox, land, go would be better.

Hah, I'm so out of the loop. I don't think anyone plays that at my store, it's all Gush, Shops and Paradoxical Storm.

We're talking Ally of Zendikar, yeah?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah, it's Mentor and decks that "beat" Mentor except they both auto-lose to Stony Silence. And yes, 4 mana Gideon.

Champion's 4 too, no? Or is that one written off so much it's not even considered.

I'll pick one up and try it out, assuming the deck survives unrestricted.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
That's certainly an upside as I ran into several this weekend. So many dead tokens... not that I ever lost a game to one.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Resleeved my Vintage deck in KMC Perfect Hards today, and it's definitely better protected now. The problem is that it no longer fits in my UltraPro Pro-Deck Box, and all the work (and money) into foiling it out has basically been undone. It's so tough to get light to hit the cards right for foiling to show up at all with the thicker, cloudier Hards.

Any extra-large deck box recommendations? Preferably something with like one big compartment for the deck, and one smaller one for Mentor tokens, or just one large compartment. I don't want to do a double-box and break the deck in half when I put it away.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Gitaxian Probe and Gush restricted in Vintage. Sensei's Top banned in Legacy.

That only changes 3 cards in my Vintage list; hopefully the deck is still playable. I'm definitely bringing Elves to the next Legacy event, though.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sorry for your Monday

I'll survive... somehow... :cry:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Paradoxical Mentor brewin'. Eh? Eh?

code:
4 Monastery Mentor
3 Snapcaster Mage

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Dig Through Time
3 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
2 Fragmentize
1 Hurkyl’s Recall
1 Merchant Scroll
4 Paradoxical Outcome
4 Preordain
2 Swords to Plowshares
1 Time Walk

1 Black Lotus
1 Grim Monolith
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mana Vault
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
2 Mox Opal
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring
3 Sensei’s Divining Top

4 Flooded Strand
3 Tundra
1 Island
1 Plains
1 Tolarian Academy
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Played in a 17-person Vintage event yesterday, and took 8th with UWR Mentor. I didn't end up switching to a Paradoxical build or anything crazy; just replaced Gushes and Probes with Preordain, Merchant Scroll and some artifact hate.

The deck feels almost unchanged, I just really, really need to practice my match-ups with the various Workshop flavors, and Paradoxical Storm. They were my only two losses of the day. I'll probably build the deck on MTGO soon-ish, to get that practice.

Edit: It did get called "the prettiest deck" at the event, so that's really a moral victory.

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 22, 2017

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
There's a Team Unified Legacy event coming up in LA, and I'm building the three decks for my team. I figure since you'll only have a 1/3 chance of running into Force of Wills, they should basically all be stupid combo decks. The missus practically only plays Elves, so I'll have her on that and thankfully there's very little crossover with any other combo deck. I'm thinking my buddy and I will be on Sneak and Show and then something with LEDs - Dredge, Storm or maybe even Belcher?

Thoughts on a format where only 1/3 of decks will have Forces? I'm pretty convinced that's gonna be the defining thing for matchups.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Elves, Belcher, Eldrazi-Lockdown sounds like a good setup. It's not giving any of my decks Forces, but maybe we want to go all-in and just try to combo faster than anyone else. The benefit of putting myself on Belcher is that I could then coach for the other two matches, assuming that's allowed - it seems to be, in most Team events.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
My vintage deck will be the down payment on a Porsche one day. Just not today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

L0cke17 posted:

The real problem is that magic used to be a game about powerful wizards flinging spells at one another to determine the victor of a duel. Now it's a bunch of bedraggled zookeepers desperately flinging animals at each other.

All the dignity is gone from the game unless you choose to be a wizard in a zookeeper's world.

Come to vintage, where wizards still reign supreme. Well, wizards with entire monasteries full of monks at their backs.