Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

L0cke17 posted:

Before terminus there was no viable control deck though. Without it there would only be aggro-control and combo left.

This is false; old ("43", pre-thespian's stage) lands was totally viable and consistently placed very well, especially in proportion to the small number of people playing the deck. Hell I remember pre-ISD (which caused every aggro deck to go blue with the printing of delver) you'd still see a Mono-U or Tezzeret Control list do well on occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

I'm not gonna piss and moan about it, but Doomsday was the only thing keeping me playing MTG, and after having every. single. modern deck I thought was kind of neat end up banned, I think WoTC and I just have different ideas of fun. Time to part ways.

Anyone have any tips for selling off a collection? Tcgplayer/Ebay still the way to go?

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Well for starters, Doomsday seems like exactly the kind of deck that doesn't rely on a single card to operate, so I'm sure you'll be fine if you stick with it.

If you're committed, though, at least take it to the Buy/Sell thread first. TCGPlayer/eBay are good if you're willing to put the time into selling singles, if you just want it gone try to find a big SCG/GP event in your area.

Legacy Doomsday requires SDT to function. I'm saying that as someone who has played the deck thousands of times online and goldfished it for hundreds of hours in person. The Stormboards is basically in farewell/reminiscence mode at the moment, and if those guys are giving up then you can be sure the deck is dead.

Thanks for the tip about SCG/GPs though. I'll hit up the next one that's close and clear everything out.