Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I think banning Terminus would be the better choice IMO. Counter-Top was a powerful but not oppressive engine for years, it won tournaments and was good but nothing insane.

The miracle mechanic was super dumb, and what really transformed Counter-Top from a powerful control deck with a neat soft lock, to just a miserable slog to play against was the sudden ability to sweep your board at instant speed for 1 mana. I remember having matches against three color counter-top decks, there was more variety and interactive answers to creatures like Vedalkan Shackles, I remember RUG variants with Grim Lavamancer and Punishing Fire to hedge their bets against the threat of aggressive strategies. Pretty sure I dropped a game to a BUG Variety with a Maelstrom Pulse once. The soft lock was still rough, but aggressive and tempo decks had a shot. It didn't feel as busted as it does today.

I'd be perfectly happy to see those kind of Counter-Top lists return even if they frequently beat up the Burn and Goblins lists I was running when I first started breaking into the format.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

if you've never punted a game because you forgot Force of Will had an alternate casting cost of five mana, you havent played enough legacy imo

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I switched from ANT to TES after the printing of the witch claw, its great fun and I love it. The wish sideboard opens up a lot of lines, also the deck has less turn one kills but more resilience which I think is good

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Sometimes its enough to just know your deck, I played D&T for years, when it was even worse, back then the big power move was the Mangara + Karakas combo, You can get pretty far in legacy playing a deck you like and know well imo, its still a cool and rad format.