Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
topher2915
Jul 15, 2004
I own a small, 7 person land surveying firm in Houston. I have owned it about three years, but it has been in business since 1995. The former owner never did any type of marketing, website, advertising, brochures, anything of that nature. With the construction climate here there is not really a huge need for advertising if you never want to grow.

I however do want to grow. To that end, I am looking for a way to have someone design us a new logo and website, punch up some brochures and create (suggestion) a pretty spiral bound book representative of our work that we can take and deliver to potential clients, perhaps with a $100 restaurant gift card stuck inside to make it slightly more memorable.

The problem is, all I really see when I search marketing is either full time on-site people, or firms that want to charge exorbitant sums every month for SEO and blogging and poo poo like that that I don't care about. I just need a website, a logo, and some light paperwork.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get someone like that? Like, we need forty hours worth of one-time work for us, and that is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topher2915
Jul 15, 2004
The budget isn't a bare minimum, I would think five to eight grand is reasonable for a good week of work. An agency scares me off due to trying to sell me things I don't need.

topher2915
Jul 15, 2004
Looking into 99designs now, thanks! Great tip.

• Locked thread