Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Highschool-me was very concerned about sexual dimorphism in the brain, and had a strong need to find "biological justifications" for human sexuality and gender identify. I also subscribed to Sparticist for about a year in college, but was upset that they charged for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I'm just picturing the mailman approaching your place carrying a copy of Sparticist while your roommates push and shove each other on the way to the door yelling "I'm Sparticist!"

Consequently we were all hung on the cross of the letter carrier's withering judgement.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah totally, it's a completely impractical idea that would not work in any way in reality. still a great idea in magical theoryland where we all have a mincome and live in space colonies

On a similar note, I was convinced when I was young that building a space elevator was the best thing humanity could possibly be doing with its time and money. Surely we'd all cooperate and realize that it would accelerate materials science, plus it would be such an investment that no one would dare want to mess it up. You just need a bunch of largely undeveloped land on the equator, like The Congo...

Wait, gently caress.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

When I was a teenager, I read books by Rush Limbaugh, and realized that Trickle-Down Economics just make sense.

So, if you can still access that part of your brain, out of curiosity, what just made sense about it? What makes Mr. Limbaugh persuasive?

• Locked thread