Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

glowing-fish posted:

Notice that very few women go through a obnoxious libertarian phase!

The very premise of this thread is kind of alien to me. I've never had any major ideological crisis or hung around anyone who has, it's always just been a continual process of learning and fine-tuning. "Don't be a loving rear end in a top hat" is a pretty resilient basis for political thought. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!
The actual :nsa: post was in FYAD but nobody really cared about the fine details since the whole subforum was trash by that point. Groverhaus was really funny though.

Ormi
Feb 7, 2005

B-E-H-A-V-E
Arrest us!

Ofaloaf posted:

I was in high school just as all those 2004-ish "ban the gays" state-level amendments were being floated, and some of my classmates who I respected were openly gay, so I reasoned that if the government was being used to oppress people, then the government's powers should be reduced, and therefore Libertarianism was a good ideology to follow.

You were right, you just latched onto the wrong libertarianism. :anarchists:

• Locked thread