Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

H.H posted:

My wife died in late April at the age of 35 (cancer). We had two daughters, now 12 and 9 years old and trying to be strong for them and help them through it is becoming unbearable. None of us are handling it well but I have to pretend I am for them and also at work so I don't lose my job. My confession is that I think every day about sending the kids to their grandparents' place for a while so I can have a break from it all and deal with my own problems, but I feel like I'd be abandoning the kids when they need me most. On the other hand, I feel like I'm going to snap and go insane if I keep this up much longer. I'd never say it out loud because I love them very much, but sometimes I wish we never had children just because of how terrible it is watching them go through this at those ages while their inept father tries and fails to figure out how to help them.

I think it is pretty normal that you are "burnt out" by having to be strong for your daughters every day. It messes with the natural stages of grieving, which means you don't get to cope with it as you should. Have you considered asking one/both of the grandparents to come stay with you and help out for a while? If they can do it I am sure they would especially when you explain to them why you need their help. Or, if you can afford it and have the extra room, maybe get an au-pair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kitchner posted:

She just found it funny because she was pretty cool. I just hooked up with her once and then it became a regular thing, but I referred to her as a slump buster to one of my mates and he kept using it so I confessed to her before his fat mouth landed me in it by accident.

She was chubby but she wasn't really fat, had huge tits and she's still in the top 3 girls I've ever slept with years down the line (not that it's a huge list). Sadly she's a bit crazy and that's why we broke up.

Only ex I'm friends with though.

She single?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

I wish.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

See, you hosed up son. Any girl that laughs or understands sports analogies is usually a keeper. Typically it means they have a good relationship with their father, which is a big deal.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

H.H posted:

fat girl date

This might seem like a weird place for me to say :therapy: but it sounds like you need some bro

Or at least find SOMEone you're not worried about judging you, get drunk, and just like unload your emotions on them. Talk their ear off. Find another fat ugly girl on a dating site and instead of trying to score just drop this giant feelings bomb on her (the "friend zone" offensive).

Like, that you went on a date with this girl, that you attempted to have sex with her despite being apparently disgusted by her, that you didn't close the deal, and that you are depressed about all of the above seem to suggest that you have some self-esteem issues you should probably talk to someone about.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

This might seem like a weird place for me to say :therapy: but it sounds like you need some bro

Or at least find SOMEone you're not worried about judging you, get drunk, and just like unload your emotions on them. Talk their ear off. Find another fat ugly girl on a dating site and instead of trying to score just drop this giant feelings bomb on her (the "friend zone" offensive).

Like, that you went on a date with this girl, that you attempted to have sex with her despite being apparently disgusted by her, that you didn't close the deal, and that you are depressed about all of the above seem to suggest that you have some self-esteem issues you should probably talk to someone about.

Bartenders are a good source of drunken therapy too. I've gotten some pretty decent advice from bartenders over the years. They're not usually your friends, they listen to drunk people for a living, and they see all sorts of poo poo. The poor man's therapist!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The main bartender I know loving hates that poo poo, and most of these places i end up in it's similar. Depends where you end up going i guess. I miss hanging out in "old man" bars

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
I hope there's another confession soon...:wink:

Here's a mini one right now. I've recently taken to saying the phrase "Get feebly beefy" out loud to myself. I LOVE the way that it sounds, but I really hate the message. Getting Beefy became a bit of a mantra for me, encouraging me (and others) to get strong...but all along, the birth of the phrase was all about the way that it sounded, not what what it actually means. I appreciate that feeble is kinda like the inverse of beef in both letters and theme, and 'feebly beefy' is so much fun to say, but it's not strong and powerful! it's a pissy poo poo thing to say.

It's goddamn loving tearing me up inside It's not that dramatic, but there's def some cognitive dissonance happening in my Beef House these days

EDIT: Just found this: https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/24810391/

lil pissbitch fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 17, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hey H.H., have you asked the mods if you can bring this back to GBS? In sure they wouldn't care so long as you don't release really stupid confessions. Or ones about loving the owners pregnant wife.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hey H.H., have you asked the mods if you can bring this back to GBS? In sure they wouldn't care so long as you don't release really stupid confessions. Or ones about loving the owners pregnant wife.

Yeah do this please. I have more sins to confess. I think, or I've been drinking and feel important and powerful for no reason.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

(For some reason Guerrillamail.com wasn't loading for me earlier so I tried a different anonymous mail client to send this...I'll send it again here in case you didn't receive it earlier.)

I could have just posted in the thread as lil pissbitch since that's already a known alias of my "anonymous" confession about gettin' beefy and whatnot (which I still do a LOT)...but I thought it'd be more fun as an anonymous confession, given the spirit of the thread. I wanted to take an opportunity to just sort of write about my anonymous confession from last year and the effect it has had on my online presence, as well as just my life in general I guess.

To start, I wanted to address something that someone said in this thread about it being weird that I think my compulsions are weird. First of all...they are. If you can find some way to read it again (all of it, not just the parts that often get quoted) I think you'll find it to be pretty goddamn weird. Sure I probably didn't need to care so much about that information being linked to my original username (more on that in a moment) but I have to ask you to try to contextualize the info. Ya gotta remember, this wasn't just something I shared to try to be funny. I literally say, out loud, "Get beefy bitch" without really understanding why, and that's truly just the tip of the iceberg. It's a funny thought, but what if, when you held a conversation with your boss, you had to occasionally suppress the urge to ask her to get REAL beefy?

"Excuse me, ma'am, but do you think that maybe you should just get ..reeeal beefy you lil queefer bitch?"

It's a funny thought or whatever, but I promise you it's 100% a real struggle in my life. In other words, it's something I hide from society as a whole, thus the desire to post something like that anonymously.

Second of all, and I won't pretend for a second that I planned it like this, but the way things happened was a perfect storm. In my wildest dreams I never could have predicted the response it ended up getting on SA, nearly becoming some sort of gay retarded meme...hell, every now and then I'll still search the forums for one of those stupid rear end phrases like 'get beefy bitch' or 'pissbitch', and find someone using them in a post on some subforum I've never even posted in. Everything in the original confession is 100% true, but I did spend about 2-3 hours writing the post, editing it in a way I found to be amusing and informative. It's so weird, because I know that if I would have published my post as a new thread under my original username, it would have been buried on Page 2 within 24 hours. Despite that, you gotta believe me when I say that I had no idea it would take that kind of hold with the GBS/SA hivemind that it did. Like I said I've had a lot of time to think about all of this retroactively. But...as I've posted before, I'd be lying if I said it didn't just tickle me to death. I'm retroactively and intensely proud of all of it.

Which brings me to my next point. Even if nobody else gives a poo poo, I love having a secret identity. For years I'd contemplated registering a parachute account in order to shitpost more freely without worrying as much about a link to the real me, since I'm pretty sure a dedicated internet detective could easily link my primary SA account to my real life social media accounts, and my real life career is 100% Internet based. But now I can regularly post as lil pissbitch without worrying about hurting my online rep. I sometimes wonder if anyone could deduce from the lil pissbitch post history what my primary account is. I feel there are clues there, but I doubt anyone would give enough of a poo poo to link the accounts, which is just fine by me.

So I dunno. This Dog Series thread has been a bit dull, so I wanted to contribute to spice things up a bit and provide a little insight into the Beefy Guy's perspective on things. I've had a lot of time to think about it all and I've generated a lot of thoughts on the whole weird-rear end mini-phenomenon that came about as a result of my original anon confession over a year ago, and now I'm kinda buzzed on a Thursday so I thought I might share some of my thoughts with this thread.

PS: BigBadSteve made a post about Getting Beefy that I felt perfectly personified the mentality behind the compulsion and I'd like to share it with you now in case you missed it:

"Your disturbance makes me happy, since I'd like nothing more than to see these wonderful phrases to take over SA Forums, they are easily the funniest and most transformative things seen here this year. First SA Forums, then we get REAL beefy with the world, bitch.

You've recovered from your peeing stage-fright condition, due to using the famous "C'mon you lil pissbitch" mantra. Cured of a problem you'd no doubt experienced for years beforehand. But do we hear the slightest gratitude toward the original anonymous "Get beefy bitch" confession poster? None at all. You sound like an ungrateful li'l whine bitch.

The problem with your use of the other powerful phrases is you. Saying "Get beefy bitch" almost always works. When it very occasionally fails, saying "Get REAL beefy bitch" like you mean it invariably works. These phrases have radically changed many lives for the better. They're not working for you because (1) you're not saying it like you mean it, and (2) you're not doing anything useful you could get REAL beefy about. You're just emptily parroting the phrases.

Sitting on your fat rear end staring at the Forums all day does not qualify as acting. Nor does neurotic worrying about whether you're saying too much "Piss, you lil pissbitch", "Get beefy bitch" and "Get REAL beefy bitch."

Decide to do something useful, and just before you actually do it, tell yourself to "Get beefy bitch!" If that doesn't cause you to act beefy enough, quickly order yourself to "Get REAL beefy bitch!!!" Note the very strong emphasis on the "REAL". Hopefully I'm not waxing too philosophical when I say that you need to "Get REAL beefy bitch!!" about saying "Get beefy bitch" and especially about saying "Get REAL beefy bitch!!".

Real Beefy Rx: Follow this advice and you will get REAL beefy, and be glad you did. Then repeat for the rest of your long, happy, BEEFY productive life.

Hope I haven't hurt your feelings too much with the truth, but someone had to get REAL beefy with you.

tldr: Get REAL beefy and read it all, bitch."

----------

EDIT: Just stumbled across what appears to be a 4chan subreddit where someone (gnarlyhotep?!) crossposted selections from my anonymous confession about 6 months ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/3vt0b4/anon_likes_to_get_real_beefy/

How surreal...

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just did. Hopefully it doesn't raise the ire of the powers that be and it will be moved soon.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Excuse me, ma'am, but do you think that maybe you should just get ..reeeal beefy you lil queefer bitch?

holy poo poo lol

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"Excuse me, ma'am, but do you think that maybe you should just get ..reeeal beefy you lil queefer bitch?"

Motherfuck if I saw this earlier than right now I would have lost my loving job, I wouldn't have been able to hold it back

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kitchner posted:

She just found it funny because she was pretty cool. I just hooked up with her once and then it became a regular thing, but I referred to her as a slump buster to one of my mates and he kept using it so I confessed to her before his fat mouth landed me in it by accident.

She was chubby but she wasn't really fat, had huge tits and she's still in the top 3 girls I've ever slept with years down the line (not that it's a huge list). Sadly she's a bit crazy and that's why we broke up.

Only ex I'm friends with though.

Confession: Every girl I've ever slept with is in the top 4 girls I've ever slept with

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

welcome back thread

my guess is lowtax doesn't like these threads less because of cuck and more because some idiot is going to confess to being a serial killer or ISIS member and he's going to get a call from the fbi

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pretty sure H.H. would be the one dealing with them since it was emailed to him.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Drunk Nerds posted:

Confession: Every girl I've ever slept with is in the top 4 girls I've ever slept with

Don't worry, I've only got a top 3 because 3 were genuinely great and the others are all varying levels of OK

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
need a gang tag for monkey hatred

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

I recognize that this is an extremely silly issue to have, but nonetheless:
I am married, and I love my wife. I have a steady job which I enjoy greatly, and a mutually respectful working relationship with my boss. My family is loving and supportive and we talk frequently. I am part of a number of (real life) communities based on shared interests/hobbies, and am well respected in those communities.

My confession is that I have a rather unusual fetish, and I experience some serious unhappiness about it. It's more common than you might think, but still pretty weird. My fetish is for oviposition-- for women to be captured by monsters, penetrated by an ovipositor, and have eggs laid in their womb. They then carry these eggs to term and give birth to monstrous children. I particularly focus on scenarios involving driders: a creature with the upper body of a beautiful woman, but below the waist, a spider body. (I recognize that ovipositors are typical of wasps and not spiders, but apparently this whole drider thing is pretty common). I love scenarios where a drider captures an adventuress, spins her up in a web, then fills her up with eggs. I should say here that my wife knows all about my fetish and is supportive, though obviously there's not really anything we can do about it. I try to avoid online communities dedicated to it because they often have a pretty morbid twist, like the spiders or whatever eat their way out of the woman, and in my fantasies it's always a very maternal, nurturing experience where the woman grows to love her monster babies and raises them.

Anyways, there's plenty of art dedicated to this fetish, though most of it isn't very good. There's not really a lot of hentai of it, though I tend to enjoy hentai with belly expansion. I don't jerk off much these days, but my wife understands that sometimes this is what I'm in the mood for. I find inflation/expansion stuff pretty gross and nonsexual. It has to specifically be oviposition, or sometimes monsters that cum torrents and make a woman's belly expand that way. She has to specifically look pregnant.

So, where I'm going with this is the real confession part. Sometimes I get deeply, miserably depressed that I can never really be a drider and do this in real life. I wish so hard sometimes that these fantasy worlds were real and I could go there and be a drider. I get very despondent realizing that this is not possible, and I fantasize about a future where genetic engineering, robot bodies or existence on a massive virtual reality allow this to happen. If a sentient AI existed, that would even be enough, because she would be a person for all intents and purposes and the "world" in which she lived could be programmed to make my fetish possible; to me it would be figures on a screen, but to her it would be real, and that would work for me.

My wife has tried to help and suggest that we role play, or even get one of those expensive weird dildos that's an ovipositor, but role play doesn't work. It just reminds me that I can't really do this and I am not really a drider. I doubt buying expensive props would change that. It's not like I can't get off without this. It's just something that occasionally bothers me more than it probably should.

I just really, really wish I could be a half-woman half-spider and capture beautiful adventurers in my web to carry my spawn :sigh:

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

H.H posted:

Ovipositors

I'm sure the VR revolution will have you covered shortly.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

H.H posted:

Ovipositiors

Hey buddy, stay ovipositive.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

H.H posted:

lil pissbitch

As I understand it you have classic Tourette's, but IANA psychologist. If you feel this is interfering with your life, :therapy: because they can absolutely treat that poo poo.

Honestly though all I can think is that if you manage to make it to an upper management role you can make this your catchphrase.

"Here's my proposal for the second quarter, Mr Pissbitch"
"You call this a marketing plan? Get beefy, bitch!" *pounds desk w fist*
"Er well I've also been kicking around plans for a radio campaign..."
"RADIO? I don't think you heard me correctly. *grabs dude by his tie* Get... REAL beefy... you little loving queefer bitch."
"Yessir, I'll have a new plan for you first thing in the morning."

"Well, Mr CFO, I guess we COULD scale back our projected earnings at the shareholder meeting, but you know what I think? *leans forward at table conspiratorially* I think it's time... to get beefy, bitch."
"Ho ho, I like your style, Pissbitch! Promotions all around!"

H.H posted:

spider fetish dude

There's a community on Tumblr that would be extremely supportive of this, unlike me who will just say your wife is a saint

Seriously god bless that woman for knowing you have a fetish like this and not only understanding but being willing to indulge you with it. I say surprise her with flowers, take her out to a nice dinner, then take her home, open a bottle of wine, light some candles, and give ovipositor dildo night a shot. Maybe you'll like it, and she'll feel good and appreciated for helping you. :)

"BUZZ CLICK I AM A SPIDER" "Oh no, spider person, please don't ovipositor me" "BUZZ CLICK SPIDER NOISE"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My not anonymous confession is I hate your new av loquacious.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

*Steve Urkel bursts through the Winslow family's door* "Geeeeet beefy, bitch!" *audience whoops and hollers for ten seconds straight*

*later something bad happens to Carl* "Get REAL beefy, bitch!" *audience just loving loses it cheering and laughing*

Solice Kirsk posted:

My not anonymous confession is I hate your new av loquacious.

this makes me the saddest boy of all :(

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

We're all waiting for robot bodies, Spiderman.

H.H posted:

the woman grows to love her monster babies and raises them.

:3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Ovipositorgoon should read Saga, there's a smokin' spider babe in that

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Drider-man, Drider-man
Does whatever a Drider can
Needs a mate, to ovipositate
Good luck, Mr. Drider-man

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hedrigall posted:

Ovipositorgoon should read Saga, there's a smokin' spider babe in that

She got them titties out an errrything

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:gas:

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

I don't remember even posting anything in the last thread..

Either way, here's a non-anonymous confession:

Earlier this week I was celebrating my birthday at a house owned by some family I don't know that my friend and his wife were looking after while they were out of town.

Early on after I arrived my friend and I both had a couple shots of bourbon then we got into bathing shorts and hopped in the pool and proceeded to shoot each other w/ water cannon guns that the parent's kids owned. After a glorious victory on my part in the water gun war, I got out of the pool and let my friend know I was going upstairs to take a piss.

When I got upstairs, I went into the a pitch black room that I thought was the bathroom, but it wasnt... it was really the staircase that leads downstairs to the walkout basement. I tried to find the light swtich but instead tumbled down the stairs. brusied my left-side pretty badly (especially my rear end) and hit my head once. I let my friend know and we waited to make sure I didn't have a concussion. When it turned out I didn't, we drank more. The end. True strory.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Why the gently caress did I just read that?

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

fordham posted:

Why the gently caress did I just read that?

Too much self loathing?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Here's a confession I was asked to post in another thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3762804&perpage=40&pagenumber=43#post461442504):

quote:

Sears comes up a lot for good reason, and I work for their network provider. We just got the word from on high yesterday that, due to over 2 million Dollars in unpaid bills, we're putting a complete freeze on any and all work for them. Any pending orders for new service (yes, somehow Sears is still trying to open new stores in 2016) are being put on hold or cancelled outright, and any existing sites are having their monitoring disabled with any pending repair work also being cancelled. Any and all questions, comments or complaints are being referred back to Sears corporate.

H.H fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 25, 2016

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

SELL SELL SELL SELL

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

get beefy bitch

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

quote:

All my friends know me as a fun guy that is always up for doing stuff, going out and entertaining people. I always invite people over to my house every weekend after we've been out to a bar or whatever and I keep a huge stock of booze in and everybody has a great time. People bring their own quite often too so I know it's not like I'm just being taken advantage of - I earn more than most of my friends so I don't really care about that anyway, I just like it when people have a good time. And everyone is always like "oh that was loads of fun last week, same again on Saturday?". Truth is I'm a miserable sack of poo poo and I can rarely wait until it's like 3am and everybody has hosed off so I can drink in peace until I pass out. I just feel like if I'm not making other people happy then there is literally no point to my existence.

I tried telling myself to get beefy and stop being such a lil pissbitch but it doesn't seem to work :(

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

H.H posted:

Host with the most

Start going to other people's places after drinking. Just tell everyone that you're a little sick of your place. Or just stay in and drink by yourself once or twice a month. There's nothing wrong with drinking in solitary so long as it's not a crutch for something else. I like drinking by myself and writing music for instance. Or even just getting drunk and playing a video game. Getting away from people is good sometimes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Drink alone you'll be happier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

LethalGeek posted:

Drink alone you'll be happier

Life TruthTM

• Locked thread