Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

H.H posted:

quote:

I'm a gay guy, and that's all fine and dandy.

But I'm beginning to loving despise the LGBT-whatever community + maybe hairs of progressivism, because it seems to be hellbent on skipping over the "G" part in favor of everyone else.

It's pure jealousy, but I keep seeing it pop up all over the place in gaming and it's giving me a complex. There's so many great portrayals of lesbians and lesbian relationships with tons of variety, from mature characters for who it's just a part of who they are to young punks who are feeling out their interests for the very first time - and there's almost nothing like that for gay guys. It's to the point that any time I see yet another lesbian relationship in a game I just get loving mad. Shadowrun: Dragonfall didn't even have any gay guys at all but was more than happy to make a main party member a lesbian, have several discussions about her ex-girlfriend, and a mission where you go and save her, among other things. Oh, and also an incidental lesbian couple in the background of another mission just to rub salt into the wound.

There's also a forums user (a heterosexual male artist) who's custom title is "Why would I draw dudes when I can draw literally anything else" and it also makes me gnash my teeth. It's supposed to be an aggressive snipe at the over representation of males in everything but it just comes off to me as a personal insult for being interested in men while simultaneously trying to come off as progressive despite putting down a sexual minority. gently caress you.

That's about it. Though I would like to know what video CJacobs and Fae talk about buying dragon dildos in.

You are not alone in your feelings, anonymous goon

edit: And I dunno it's somewhere in my Dark Souls let's play, there are like 35 episodes of it, good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
boom

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Pro Dildo Advice, don't buy a dragon dildo, buy a regular human penis one please

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Please stop identifying with video game characters. They are part of a puzzle to be solved, not actual people or representations of actual people.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

You are not alone in your feelings, anonymous goon

edit: And I dunno it's somewhere in my Dark Souls let's play, there are like 35 episodes of it, good luck
[/quote]

Also the spec ops the line stream. gently caress if I know when out of the 2,000 hours you spent trying to finish it. I just remember buying candy. Thanks Fae, for the bulk candy link!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
im gay

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Gay dudes are officially a privileged group now, or so I've heard

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Red Suit posted:

Gay dudes are officially a privileged group now, or so I've heard

Gay white dudes that are dating/married to other gay white dudes are the most priviledged group out of all the groups because they:

1. are white
2. are a same race couple
3. do not have a woman around to gently caress up 1 or 2

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I feel your pain, gay anon, but remember it's not all Orange Is The New Black. There was that incidental gay pilot in ME3, and Sulu is gay now. Take your victories where you can find them. :shrug:

Also try not to fall into the identity-politics trap of worrying about pop-culture representation to the exclusion of everything else. I remember being really excited there was finally a Jewish video game protagonist in GTA: The Lost And Damned, but then I stopped playing it after about 15 minutes of gameplay and realized my life wasn't really tangibly improved in any way.

They still didn't have to kill him off in GTA5 though :mad:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

You should seriously not be giving this much of a gently caress about it gay guy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not a day goes by that I don't wish I was gay because simply waking up and playing video games and drinking while one of us stops to give the other a blowjob every hour or so sounds like a perfectly civilized way to spend an evening and none, none, of my girlfriends have been OK with that yet. It is I that is the more for suffering.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

try being less gay

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

I won a lot on the lottery. Like $750,000+ after taxes but I am not going to cash the ticket in until a month and a half from now when my daughter turns 18 so my whore of an ex wife won't get any of the income for child support.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Please tell me you're actually going to give some of the money to your daughter though

Like, whatever about your ex-wife, I don't know either of you so I'm not gonna make a call there, but please put a bunch of it in a trust or something for your daughter instead of blowing it all on Steam sales or whatever

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

H.H posted:

Lottery goon

I'm REALLY hoping that he/she has put the ticket into a safety deposit box at a bank or something. If you haven't, loving do it NOW.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

H.H posted:

I won a lot on the lottery. Like $750,000+ after taxes but I am not going to cash the ticket in until a month and a half from now when my daughter turns 18 so my whore of an ex wife won't get any of the income for child support.

You do realize that since the lottery drawing was while your daughter was still under 18 that your wife can sue for that portion of winnings owed her right? And she will win. Easily. Maybe if it was a scratch ticket you could pull it off. Maybe.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm REALLY hoping that he/she has put the ticket into a safety deposit box at a bank or something. If you haven't, loving do it NOW.

safe in my wallet :)

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Solice Kirsk posted:

You do realize that since the lottery drawing was while your daughter was still under 18 that your wife can sue for that portion of winnings owed her right? And she will win. Easily. Maybe if it was a scratch ticket you could pull it off. Maybe.

dont tell her that

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Unless she is super stupid she is going to have a lawyer look into anything that happens for him ever. If you're gonna do it then I say wait until it's like the last month to claim the prize and then do it. Hoot it up to everyone you know and then immediately turn it in. That will at least seem like you just now won and the ex may not look into it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah anon I'm assuming you've lawyered up, run this by your lawyer and see what he/she thinks. If there really is no way to get around paying her it's probably the best idea to just loving pay her now so you're not as owned later

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Or, since you're rich now, maybe you can...*ahem....have her taken care of.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Glory's bisexual and you go fight her ex-boyfriend in literally the same mission.

Something something bi erasure something something part of the problem.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just don't tell her you won the lottery, problem solved

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
either eat the money or give it to me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I hope you realize that the only reason lesbians are the most portrayed LGBT* characters is because lesbians and female bis are much more marketable and much more acceptable to straight males

Also realize that for every gay male character portrayed in fiction, there are exactly ZERO transsexual human characters (of course you will find writers who "cheat" by making up some fuckin forest druid with the spirit of a thousand-year-old man and the body of a supple teenage white girl or some obnoxious crap)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well that one girl from Final Fight was trans. Roxy or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I hope you realize that the only reason lesbians are the most portrayed LGBT* characters is because lesbians and female bis are much more marketable and much more acceptable to straight males

Also realize that for every gay male character portrayed in fiction, there are exactly ZERO transsexual human characters (of course you will find writers who "cheat" by making up some fuckin forest druid with the spirit of a thousand-year-old man and the body of a supple teenage white girl or some obnoxious crap)

Please don't turn this guy's honest complaint into a "well x group is EVEN MORE unrepresented so there!!" race to the bottom because that solves nothing

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 13, 2016

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

SciFiDownBeat posted:

yeah thsi is exactly what i need in my sci fi sex universe

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

In the Culture series of Sci Fi books, it is normal for the humans to change sexes throughout their lives and the normal thing to do is to birth one child and father one child. They're in a super advance post scarcity society with technology sufficiently advanced to allow such transformations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They should turn that series into a video game so everyone can complain about it not including otherkin.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

SciFiDownBeat posted:

SHUT

UP

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Where are the transspecies/transplanetary characters in modern fiction???

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

They should turn that series into a video game so everyone can complain about it not including otherkin.

Otherkin has nothing to do with gender or certain people only loving/dating certain people. Besides literally any video game featuring a non human character can be considered an otherkin game.

Hedrigall posted:

Where are the transspecies/transplanetary characters in modern fiction???

...may I interest you in a website called adultfurrysexstories.net?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I'm alive

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Uh, what about Birdo? That's Mario 2, so pretty early in video game history.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

yo animorphs was the true trans* book series you can gently caress off if you disagree

it had a tv show too so there you go

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gender in video games is very important. in fact i think it is the most important thing. I cant get enough of gender in video games. I am working on a mod that makes doom guy into doom trans woman now it is very important

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

A Strange Aeon posted:

Uh, what about Birdo? That's Mario 2, so pretty early in video game history.

when birdo came out as videogamesexual mario did not care because he cannot speak and luigi gave the fleshlight monster the middle finger

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Putty posted:

when birdo came out as videogamesexual mario did not care because he cannot speak and luigi gave the fleshlight monster the middle finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Putty posted:

What about the dragon dildo monster. this is important too

• Locked thread