Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
My confession: I was flattered to get an invite to this thread, made me feel special. That's not the hosed up part though. This is: Now that I've read that H.H. invited pretty much everyone, including kitchner, I still feel special.

You should rename this thread Chameleon Series, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
And please post a link in this one when you do.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

curlingiron posted:

I dunno, it's def possible to teach without being an alcoholic or depressed (I'm neither, but I may just be a freak of nature), but it's gotta be the right circumstances, I think. My admins have always backed me up on stuff, which I've heard is sadly unusual. I also have a super high tollerance for student bullshit, and I think teenagers are hilarious. My students aren't worse than I was, they're just different, and I don't think that's bad.

I don't think that anyone should do the job unless they love it; not all the time, certainly, but at the end of the day if someone consistently hates it I really hope that they're able to find something they like more because everyone deserves that (and also the kids will eat them alive). Who knows, maybe I'll feel different in 20 years (I'm only on year 5, so I guess I still have time to be a burnout statistic), but I loving love what I do, and I want to keep doing it as long as I can.

FYI, we do get paid during the summer, but it's for work we already did; technically the state holds back some of our pay so we get paid roughly the same amount every month, extending it through summer.

So you're not being paid in the summer, you're just giving the state a zero percent interest loan on your wages ten months a year.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Poldarn posted:

Increases my stamina by 300%!

7 seconds to 21 seconds

Hate to break it to you, but that's only a 200% increase. :(

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
"have been a member of SA since high school. [...] the girlfriend,"

Immersion ruined! <:saddowns:>

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

SciFiDownBeat posted:

looking forward to seeing Walla Davis in the new Kill-Yourself Krew movie

Kill You're Self

Jfc

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

H.H posted:

I totally have a crush on A.s.P., the mod of YLLS and I check out the what are you wearing thread just to see her

Considering the horror stories she's been telling in the online dating thread, this one is believable. Poor woman is a loving weirdo magnet.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

he has gout on account of eating huge amounts of cheese so would be poo poo in a fight

Uh, he is a world class athlete and regularly shoots four or five hole in ones in a single round of golf, for instance. I don't know where you get your information from but you're obviously a victim of foreign propaganda.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

Please do not marry a woman with severe physical and mental health problems with the express intention of cheating on or murdering her

Aside from the obvious ethical issues &c &c, neither of these plans will work out for you

I'm kind of :psyduck: at the people who say the cops will not suspect that the person who had hundreds of millions of dollars to gain from someone's death might have had something to do with killing her just because she had health issues, especially if your marriage is obviously unhappy to casual observers and/or you're cheating on her

Life isn't Columbo. Cops are dumb and easily bored when there's no unarmed black guy around to murder. The biggest flaw in the plan is the timing. Apparently the girl is not independently wealthy, her parents are rich. He would have to wait until both parents die, and then the wife dies, to see the first cent. If her health problems are real he could very well marry a terminally ill person, take care of her for several months or years while she's on her death bed and not get to do anything fun, only to be cut off summarily once he's a widower. If she's not though, she could easily outlive him but bitch his ears off his entire life.

He'd be better off leveraging the gf and getting a high paying job that involves lots of traveling and not much actual work through family connections, and squirrel up as much as he can while living the high life on the corporate teat. Then when they catch on/him and fire/dump his rear end, he can retire on the savings. Much better plan, and it's actually legal.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

H.H posted:

Sorry, I'm not the 3-page letter goon. Just a regular old boring gooncrush here.

I am, however, Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps.

Do you know Kane? How has he been doing? How come he doesn't post in this thread anymore?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

hey if anyone here is missing the r/relationships thread I've got a surprise for you

Thank you, I certainly do. That thread was fantastic until a couple of morons shitted it up and got it locked.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

I mean, if I'm seriously thinking about it the next step is probably to try stepping up your finger count, probably after some drinks, and see how that goes over

Nah, the way he talks it's clear that what he really lusts for is to gently caress his own rear end. Buy yourself a dildo and try it, dude. When someone wants it as bad as you do, they're rarely disappointed with the results.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

H.H posted:

I posted most confessions that made sense, so if you never saw your confession something went wrong with Guerillamail itself when you sent it.
The only thing I can tell you is to wait a few days and send it again.

Don't be so quick to blame guerillamail.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Erath posted:

She should just take frozen pizzas as payment so she can't blow all her money on drugs and alcohol she would have to barter with frozen pizzas

She said she does weed. Isn't pizza pretty much as good as cash with potheads?

E: ^^^ :argh:

HerStuddMuffin fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 19, 2016

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Are you guys recommending drugs to the mentally unstable confessor because flat out telling them to kill themselves would get you probated?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Sir_Charles posted:

Why don't fat people eat food that actually tastes good. Nothing but fast food, Chili's and Applebee's? If your going to eat yourself into an early grave at least mix it up a little bit.

It takes a lot of calories to reach and maintain that high a weight. Good food is expensive and not nearly as calorie dense as fast garbage. They would be full and/or broke before they could get the calorie requirements.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

H.H posted:

Depressed dad.

Don't sweat it dude, you're doing just fine. I won't talk about your psy, you know she's terrible and terrible for you, and even your wife is telling you to switch. You'll do it when you're ready. As for your daughter, the first year of a baby's life they need their mother much more than their dad. Babies don't do poo poo, they're not interesting after about two minutes when the novelty wears off, and unless it's yours and evolution is scrapping all the objectivity out of your brain, they're also ugly as gently caress. Frankly, if you're going to miss a whole year of your child's life, the first one is the best bet.

When they start talking they get marginally more interesting, but until you can interact with them in a meaningful way, it doesn't really matter. You seem like you're a good dad with impostor syndrome, which is a bit weird because you didn't really achieve anything of worth. Procreation is in reach of some of the most backward idiots you'll ever meet, it's really not that big a deal. Also, kids are resilient and every parent fucks up, many times, along the way. Get over yourself, if you're not actively abusing your kid you're doing fine.

Source: I am a dad.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

loquacius posted:

e: because she had already referenced emotional distance as the factor that caused her to cheat

Yeah, just for that she should divorce. She's a lovely person who tries to blame her partner for her past lovely behavior, and preemptively for her doing it again. Instead of dumping her rear end when she cheated he decided to monitor her 24/7. Whether it's because he's too chickenshit to pull the plug or it's his way to take revenge is immaterial, she'd be doing them both a favor leaving.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

KomodoWagon posted:

Unscented means no smells have been added to the soap. Unscented soap smells like soap. If you want an approximation of what this is like you could try hitting your local dive bar and licking the hand soap in their bathroom.

I thought telling people to kill themselves was probatable in this thread. Don't do it, life is worth living, I swear! :ohdear:

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Ryoshi posted:

:psyduck: uh have you ever used a rowing machine because if you have skin sloughing off your rear end I am pretty sure it would be the absolute last thing you'd want to do

Have you ever used one? The seat is mounted on a rail and moves when you row, there is no friction at butt level.

And Solice Kirsk, thank you for that pic. I have a steak waiting for me in the fridge and now I can't wait to grill it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
What kind of philistine would spoil a good rimming with ketchup?

• Locked thread