Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

H.H posted:

The rest of the three months, I may change my clothes maybe two or three times, including my panties.

Jesus. Change your loving drawers before you get TSS.

Edit:

Also to add the kids discussion thing. My wife and I chose to get pregnant and have a child. If you're not ready and don't have your poo poo together, don't do it. We were emotionally and financially prepared and I love that little guy more than anything but I still wonder if my life would be better if we hadn't. They cost a poo poo-ton of money, ruin your social life and prevent you from planning anything. But it's pretty cool watching them grow and change and stuff. Like when they learn to pick up something and pass it between their hands and the first time they recognize you and smile is pretty much the best thing.

Wizzle fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Goon with Pedobro:

Turn him in. If he says it was blackmail just tell them it was BS - that he was helping you out financially because he's family. If never gave you more than $14,000 in a single year it's a non-taxable gift. You just tell the authorities that he's trying to get revenge for turning him in. Who are they going to believe? If he were to say that he's been making payments to you for a long time to cover up his pedophilia years he's just going to make his case worse by admitting to being a Pedo for years. The only downside here for you is your brother will never talk to you again (unless maybe he gets help and realizes you were right) and will never give you any more money. But choosing money over saving children from exploitation makes you almost as culpable.

Do the right thing.

Hell, even if you get in trouble for accepting money it's still the right loving thing.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

anglerfish posted:

Childfree sad goon, I understand how you're feeling and I think you're right on the money about the childfree community. I was actually going to send in a confession about this but gently caress it, nobody knows my username.

I found out I was infertile when I was 13, which was obviously pretty heavy poo poo for a tween-aged girl to deal with but it did give me a lot of time to come to terms with my situation. Or so I thought. Now I'm 30 and my younger sister and sister-in-law both recently announced they're expecting. It hit me a lot harder than I expected it to.

It's not even so much envy over the actual baby. Seeing our parents fawning over my sister, their genuine excitement about grandbabies, well... I guess it's selfish but I realized I'll never have that. That... closeness. Kids are what bring a family together, and as much as I honestly dislike spending time with my parents nowadays, I have to admit that I'm jealous that I won't ever have that bond with them that my sister will.

My life is really good, honestly; my husband and I live in a huge city and have tons of friends and disposable income. We both work from home so we have tons of free time to travel and do basically whatever we want. My 20's were a nightmare defined by poverty and mental illness, and I've climbed out of that hole and built a life for myself that is better than I ever thought possible. But now, watching the joy in my mom and sister's eyes as they discussed baby names, I realized that maybe this is just the life that I convinced myself I wanted.

:smith:

Be the best auntie that there ever was. Kids needs aunts as much as parents.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

anglerfish posted:

I don't even really know how to be an aunt. My parents isolated us from our extended families growing up because they had bad relationships with their siblings. I'm only just now starting to get to know my cousins, and I loving hate how my parents radiate disapproval when I talk about how well we get along. Like, just because your generation all hates each other doesn't mean your kids have to follow suit :mad:

I didn't know how to be a parent but I'm figuring it out as I go. Same for my brother. He doesn't know how to be an uncle but he'll figure it out. There's no right way to do it. Just don't be a lovely person to them or around them and you pretty much can't go wrong.

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Sad Dad:

I felt almost the same way as you did for first while. Maybe not quite as extreme as wanting to kill myself. My son had such a strong bond to his mother and I felt like I couldn't do anything for him at all. Having a child places an immense physical, emotional and financial strain on even the most stable household. I also didn't feel that bond right away and I talked to some of my friends who had kids and I guess that's pretty normal. Your wife/partner had a 9 months head start forming a bond with that kid before you did.

I agree with everyone else who said it sounds like you're doing fine by your kid. Even if you're faking it for the kid right now, you're being supportive of your wife and that's love. I also agree with everyone who said get a new shrink. Whatever yours is trying to accomplish isn't working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizzle
Jun 7, 2004

Most
Parochial
Poster

Late to the show here, but to crackhead-banging goon:

Your life will implode from this if you don't stop. And your child will be permanently messed up when his mom tells him that you chose a crackwhore over parenthood. If you have a girl, she'll probably grow up to be a crackwhore because the message from that is, "crackwhore is better than anything you could be" and if you have a son he'll probably just follow in your footsteps or go to prison or something.

You created a child. Now stop being selfish and do what you need to do. If your wife makes more than you and you're only part time anyway, save up money now and quit and take "paternity leave" when the baby is born. Someone has to take care of that kid. May as well be you, the low-income parent. Now go be a good role model, stop smoking crack and never talk your white trash dumpster crackwhore girlfriend again.

• Locked thread