Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

Is that right, is it? You don't think that you are perhaps taking the internet a bit too loving seriously? In a thread in GBS, no less. On stupid Facebook posts, no less - a thread just perfect for dumb puns and corny replies. On a comedy website, no less - albeit a dying one.

On contrary, i would say that it's YOU who has 'industrial strength sadbrains'. What the gently caress are you guys even doing on a comedy website if you're not here to have a laugh? Why try to tear everything down that you come across instead of trying to see the funny side of it? If you're not here to have a laugh, quite frankly I think you should just gently caress off to a different website. Perhaps try maudlinsareus.com or some poo poo - that seems like it be more suitable for your sour poo poo attitudes to everything.

Gosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

TheMostFrench posted:

Lol baby names

Ugh. Kill them. Kill them all.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

KM Scorchio posted:

Of late my entire Facebook feed seems to be filled with these snazzy high speed videos of people cooking awful and usually terminally unhealthy poo poo. Is this a new thing now?

Someone does need to do a Chickencheese video in that style however. That would be pretty swell.

Yeah and whichever knob has shared it always tags loads of people saying 'we've got to try this!!!' Or some such. All those 'recipes' are soooo unhealthy too, and it's usually something pizza related or flavoured, or contains about 5lb of cheese.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

More like Allah in that part of West Yorkshire.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Lol. Stuff like this drives MY WIFE crazy. Her feed is full of 'real women have curves' etc. poo poo. She's slim, and takes great offence.

I keep trying to persuade her to post some fat shaming stuff on her FB but she's just not evil enough.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

thathonkey posted:

maybe if she's on a strict diet to stay thin or something and is mad that people just eat whatever they want and lead an unhealthy lifestyle and distribute materials on facebook to make it seem like that's somehow and ok and positive thing to do

Yeah it's this apart from the dieting bit.

She just thinks it's double standards - if she posted things on FB about how men love slim ladies, and being fit and slim is sexy, to the degree that the 'curvy' ladies do about how they're happy being large and how their men love having something to hold onto, they'd probably get quite pissed off I think.

I just tell her that the fatties are insecure, hence the need to constantly validate themselves and each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Panfilo posted:

It kind of sounds like your wife is the insecure one for it getting to her so much. If she were so happy with her body then she wouldn't care what other women think. It's like white people getting offended at the idea of the black lives matter, and complaining at the double standard they set.

It's not something that gets to her 'so much'. It's just something that comes up every now and then. And it's about people posting stupid poo poo on FB, which is why I mentioned it ITT.

But never mind. :shrug:

• Locked thread