Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

ghost emoji posted:

"well I think that #AllLivesMatter" -your aunt, probably

*a tree falls over*

"Tree lives matter!!!!!1" - your nephew

*a store closes*

"Store lives mater!!!!" - your niece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Tricky D posted:

God bless the country that got three generations of men in my family killed in combat

I like that this doesn't deny that America is a tremendous threat to the children of Iraq.

I'm sure the Patriots liking and sharing this are well versed in the US's economic sanctions and water treatment plant bombings of the 1990s. The US was killing tens of thousands of Iraqi children long before the second Iraqi war.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
FAcebook is funny becase you can post stories and articles about: war profiteers, the oceans being poisoned, the air being poisoned, bombs landing on children and/or hospitals and/or weddings, for-profit prisons, America retailing against the horrible tragedy of the 3000 deaths on 9/11 by killing 1,000,000 innocent civilians, the military-industrial complex, the 1% stealing more money from you, corporate tax breaks and off-shore accounts and billions in government handouts and zero taxes paid, and keeping thousands of innocents in Guentanamo Bay, and so on and all the replies are:

PLEAES DONT' POST ABOUT POLITICS ON FACEBOOK, UGH

but if someone posts a story about a dog abuser and there's a picture of a broken dog leg or whatever it's:

OMG. WHAT AN OUTRAGE, SOMEONE SHOULD DO SOMETHING.

What's up with that?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
One of the worst things about social media:

~~yeah, I'm, like, arty. And deep. I just see the beauty in things that others just walk right on by.

*posts 100 photos of their face a month.*

Or bonus points if it's an extreme closeup of their eyeball. IMO, there is nothing more insanely narcissistic than posting a photo of your pupil+iris as a means to let people know you have "artistic vision". Such irony that someone who fancies himself a creative snaps the most unimaginative photo possible.

• Locked thread