Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

you can't be 3 things

gently caress

ok I guess i'll be the aero title bar

best title bar

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm stymie

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Stymie posted:

i'm stymie

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

i'm stymie

hi stymie, i'm dad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

:eyepoop:

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
cisco is trash for not hiring me and ill hold this grudge for the rest of my life. i think my chances for outliving (the relevance of) cisco are pretty good.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Maximum Leader posted:

cisco is trash for not hiring me and ill hold this grudge for the rest of my life. i think my chances for outliving (the relevance of) cisco are pretty good.

lol at wanting to work for cisco

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

mishaq posted:

lol at wanting to work for cisco

i work for a company cisco acquired but is more or less a sovereign entity inside of cisco, am i cool?

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
skype for home always seems to work better than lync which makes no sense because they are the same thing. my conclusion is that it's the fault of the ham handed fuckwit on the other end of the call i'm having a meeting with

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
the infrastructure behind skype for business is kinda easy to gently caress up
its a shitton of powershell, xml configs, certs, firewall ports, reverse proxies and weird dns records

the kinda thing where if you set it up and it works you're really surprised, ya know

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BooLoo posted:

skype for home always seems to work better than lync which makes no sense because they are the same thing. my conclusion is that it's the fault of the ham handed fuckwit on the other end of the call i'm having a meeting with

technically they're totally unrelated. the only thing they share is the branding.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i did not know that, ta shaggar :)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they copied some of the look and feel from skype to skype for business and that's about it.

skype for business for office 365 for enterprise works pretty well from a server standpoint, but the client but the desktop client is a pos. the web client works ok tho. there are a whole bunch of things they refuse to fix tho like conversation history and custom gifs.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

it's a weird clusterfuck (lol that autocorrected from cludge) of Communicator > Lync > Skype for Business and it's barely more than reskinning every few years

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

online friend posted:

i work for a company cisco acquired but is more or less a sovereign entity inside of cisco, am i cool?

depends on the company i guess

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

they copied some of the look and feel from skype to skype for business and that's about it.

skype for business for office 365 for enterprise works pretty well from a server standpoint, but the client but the desktop client is a pos. the web client works ok tho. there are a whole bunch of things they refuse to fix tho like conversation history and custom gifs.

shagger was right

we use Skype for business and the desktop client is the biggest piece of poo poo I've ever used

we also have slack from a company we acquired and i try to get people on that instead

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

so skype for business is just the lync client's corpse lumbering around in skype branding? lmfao. lync was such a piece of poo poo.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

yes, lync is the equivalent of somebody wearing the skin of the new popular kid

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duTrieux. posted:

yes, lync is the equivalent of somebody wearing the skin of the new popular kid

its a double buffalo bill because all lync is is communicator in vista coloring

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the best feature of all the changes is spellcheck

the two worst is the feedback smilie next to the emotes smilie and the fact that outlook meeting generated links dont work between versions

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lync 2011 (the latest mac version lol) on my home mac runs better than skype for business 2015 or 2016 or whatever the gently caress is installed on my poo poo work laptop

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

is 2016 the year microsoft figures out chat rooms?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Last Chance posted:

is 2016 the year microsoft figures out chat rooms?

wait theyre buying aim now?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

its a double buffalo bill because all lync is is communicator in vista coloring

bill all the way down

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Last Chance posted:

so skype for business is just the lync client's corpse lumbering around in skype branding? lmfao. lync was such a piece of poo poo.

yes if you look in your task manager its still called lync.exe

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

loving lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

microsoft is bad and makes bad software

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Tatsujin posted:

yes if you look in your task manager its still called lync.exe

if you pay attention during office installation and setup you'll see references to skydrive and groove.exe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my data is groovy

• Locked thread