Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
political historians confirm/deny

I'm pretty sure, it's Creepy As gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
FDR was a Motherboy?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
if true, at least its a bit more understandable when you're, you know, half paralyzed

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
like me and your mom BUT ME AND YOUR MOM AGGRESSIVELY gently caress ALL THE drat TIME

In retrospect it might be YOUR mom but it is
Someone's mom at least

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

if true, at least its a bit more understandable when you're, you know, half paralyzed

Nah, like it started when he was reaaaaal young, way before polio

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Naerasa posted:

FDR was a Motherboy?

So so much

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

p sure FDR did not have a hook hand

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
this reminds me of the HBO original series True Blood.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JiveHonky posted:

Nah

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
FDR had a bird walk on his pillow

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

JiveHonky posted:

why do you forsake me?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm4xH9unqzU

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

"What do you expect, Mother? I'm half-machine...I'M A MONSTER!" - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
FDR was a great statesman and is way above any slander from this particular era.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

noctambulous nebab posted:

FDR was a great statesman and is way above any slander from this particular era.

Much like the USS Constitution.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

FDR WAS A MONSTER

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Everybody's laughing and cornholing except for Franklin

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
Probably.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I like how FDR couldn't use his legs and he still got as much action as Kennedy.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the third leg worked thats all that matters

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

I looked it up and all white people did that poo poo back then. I think I get why they're so loving weird and angry all the time now.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I think thats more of a symptom than the cause but its def hosed

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

:eyepop:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is FDR the one that dressed in women's clothes?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

You're thinking of former director of the FBI J Edgar Hoover.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

What better way to hide the wheelchair than a frilly flowing dress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Theodore Roosevelt's daughter Alice, who was cool as hell, referred to him as "a mamma's boy".

When Franklin moved to college, his mom got an apartment there so she'd never be far away from him.

As a wedding present, she bought a house for him and Eleanor Roosevelt. She also bought the house next door, which she lived in. She had doors created in the walls so she could get into Franklin's house.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

quote:

She only wanted one child and she indulged and spoiled him to no end, making him the center of her entire world.

He lavished equal love and devotion on her, earning him the reputation of being, as Alice Roosevelt Longworth put it, “a mamma’s boy.”

When her husband died in 1900, Sara could fixate on Franklin without distraction.

Although he was already eighteen years old, she was so unable to be apart from him, she moved to Boston and took an apartment there while he was enrolled at nearby Harvard University.

The mansion which the world knew by the shorthand of “Hyde Park,” and presumed was owned by the President, she’d christened with the formal name of “Springwood.”

It was always her house and she intended to live there with Franklin. They decorated it together. She expanded the entrance hall so that there was enough room on the walls to display as many of his naval prints as he wanted.

http://carlanthonyonline.com/2015/05/09/rich-celebrity-mom-franklin-roosevelts-dominant-mother-sara/

theory seems to check out

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd lose all respect for him if he wasn't. Motherboys are the best people 99% of the time.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He got a chicks middle name.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
and another quote from that site that is dead on lucille bluth, said to franklins wife Eleanor::

quote:

Even under the guise of thoughtful encouragement, her bite was sharp. “If you’d just run your comb through your hair, dear,” she chided Eleanor in front of a full table of dinner guests, “you’d look so much nicer.”

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

unlimited juice?!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More like Fuckin Dick Rider amirite guys? :shrug:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
this is like the scene where vampire Jessica has to "glamour" her old boyfriend to make him forget their relationship (for his own good). a powerful scene. the actress who plays Jessica (who is now on Daredevil)doesnt get enough credit, she is really good imo.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Luvcow posted:

and another quote from that site that is dead on lucille bluth, said to franklins wife Eleanor::

pro tier negging right here suprised she didn't jump her bones

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

JiveHonky posted:

this is like the scene where vampire Jessica has to "glamour" her old boyfriend to make him forget their relationship (for his own good). a powerful scene. the actress who plays Jessica (who is now on Daredevil)doesnt get enough credit, she is really good imo.

She's really talented.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

these are my awards, mother. from army

the seal is for marksmanship

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

these are my awards, mother. from army

the seal is for marksmanship

and then his mom finds space for them in the hallway

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My grandma knew a girl growing up who had once had polio. She said she was super weird because her mom coddled her all the time, she described it like helicopter parenting long before that was a thing (back in the 20s) and that the girl's mom thought her kid caught polio from her not believing in God enough and thinking about leaving her belligerent drunk of a husband. Everyone knew that because she broke down once in front of the whole congregation at church and started screaming about wanting to save other children from their parents' sins or whatever in a hot Southern Baptist prayer revival thing.

She converted to Episcopalian a few years after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Booblord Zagats posted:

My grandma knew a girl growing up who had once had polio. She said she was super weird because her mom coddled her all the time, she described it like helicopter parenting long before that was a thing (back in the 20s) and that the girl's mom thought her kid caught polio from her not believing in God enough and thinking about leaving her belligerent drunk of a husband. Everyone knew that because she broke down once in front of the whole congregation at church and started screaming about wanting to save other children from their parents' sins or whatever in a hot Southern Baptist prayer revival thing.

She converted to Episcopalian a few years after that

FDR didn't get polio until he was almost 40

• Locked thread