Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Faerie Fortune posted:

So hi, friends! I have an announcement to make!

We are nearing the end of our journey, with the most recent recording session having me complete stone tower temple, all we have left to do is get the salesman's mask and get back home to Hyrule. And I want you guys to be there with me when I do it!

For those who don't remember my OoT LP, for that game I streamed the final boss battle live so folks in chat could cheer me on and watch my live reaction to the ending of the game! We're keeping the tradition and doing the same thing this time! Its gonna be a great time, but a reminder that this will be the final boss and ending cutscenes so if you're watching blind along with me, we are a fair bit ahead of the videos that I've posted in here!

Speaking of times, if you want to be a part of this you can join in at my twitch channel this Saturday, March 3rd at 1pm EST/10am PST/6pm GMT! Don't worry if you miss it, the stream will be posted as an episode just like the OoT version was! I'll see you all on Saturday!
Woo! Good luck finally finishing the game! I'll try to remember joining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

I gotta say this made my loving day. I can’t wait until Saturday! Wheeeeeee!

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Pre-emptive congratulations!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I'll try to be there. I love your Let's Plays

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Faerie Fortune posted:

ahahaha I'm so bad at this, I got pneumonia and then suicidal ideation, its fun being me! Here's an episode

Episode 66 - Don't Look Down

Does it really matter what order you hit the switches while climbing up to Stone Tower? I think I remember stuck blocks just moving the rest of the way once you hit the other switches and unblocked them, unless that's a 3DS change or something.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

whitehelm posted:

Does it really matter what order you hit the switches while climbing up to Stone Tower? I think I remember stuck blocks just moving the rest of the way once you hit the other switches and unblocked them, unless that's a 3DS change or something.

The paths that the blocks take get more complicated as you go higher. Early on, they will just keep moving once the obstacle is removed, but there are a few in the later trios that will be trying to move through the same space, and like trains in Texas, neither can proceed until the other has been removed from its path.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Faerie Fortune posted:

So hi, friends! I have an announcement to make!

We are nearing the end of our journey, with the most recent recording session having me complete stone tower temple, all we have left to do is get the salesman's mask and get back home to Hyrule. And I want you guys to be there with me when I do it!

For those who don't remember my OoT LP, for that game I streamed the final boss battle live so folks in chat could cheer me on and watch my live reaction to the ending of the game! We're keeping the tradition and doing the same thing this time! Its gonna be a great time, but a reminder that this will be the final boss and ending cutscenes so if you're watching blind along with me, we are a fair bit ahead of the videos that I've posted in here!

Speaking of times, if you want to be a part of this you can join in at my twitch channel this Saturday, March 3rd at 1pm EST/10am PST/6pm GMT! Don't worry if you miss it, the stream will be posted as an episode just like the OoT version was! I'll see you all on Saturday!

A reminder that this is today! I'm excited, are you?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I will be at work and it’d be awkward if my team came into my office to see me cheering you on so I’ll go ahead and say TURN THAT SUMBITCH MASK TO KINDLING here

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Faerie Fortune posted:

A reminder that this is today! I'm excited, are you?

We are live (for the pre-show) now! Go Go Go Go!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Glad you got past your medical issues Fae. Good to see you back!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Twitch is being a butt so we're on YouTube now. Go Go Go Go Go!

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
Only got to catch the second attempt, I'm assuming the first go-around was way rougher than the first, still, it was fun as gently caress to watch.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Thank you, Fae. That was great.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Time for an episode, let's see how stone tower temple goes, shall we?

Episode 67 - Well, Isn't This Nice?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Don't worry, ChaosArgate, I got your sunblock joke

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It begins. :getin:

Seriously though, best dungeon.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I have been simultaneously looking forward to and dreading this set of videos.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hey I'm on time for once!

Episode 68 - Why's This Plant Screaming At Me?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

For a moment, I thought the whole rest of the video would be that one room.

It's such a dumb puzzle and needlessly punitive by having the charge/discharge time be equal.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Now that I’ve actually watched the video I just want to add that I still have not recieved my Christmas present. :v:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Clearly you aren't a valued customer of Emil's shop like I am. :smug:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Look man it’s really hard to get him to stop!!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

To be fair, Argate moved and I forgot to ask for his new address :colbert:

Anyway, its my 32nd birthday today! :toot: Since I'm in a celebratory mood, you get two updates today! Including one very nice one!

Episode 69 - This Is So Cool
Episode 70 - There's Lava On The Ceiling

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Anyway, its my 32nd birthday today! :toot: Since I'm in a celebratory mood, you get two updates today! Including one very nice one!

Happy Birthday, Fae!

...also, heh.

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Happy birthday Fae!

Haven't started watching the Majora's Mask LP yet, but your Ocarina of Time one is great and relaxing, so I'm really looking forward to it. Hope you have a good, happy year ahead of you!

DeusExIgnis
Aug 21, 2014

Happy birthday Fae!

I'm so glad you like this part! It blew my mind when I saw it too!

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Happy birthday Fae! Always great to see new videos from you.

(I've been watching your LPs for years but just got round to making a SA account the other day so hey, I can comment now. This is weird.)

This dungeon blew a lot of people's minds back in the day, and for good reason. It's one of many reasons I wish I'd tried to play this game without a guide, but I was something like ten or eleven years old when it came out and just defaulted to buying the guide with the game. Even replaying years later as an adult, I remembered too much to get the full experience I think, so it's fun getting to experience a bit of that vicariously. They haven't really managed to improve on the design either; I think the beasts in Breath of the Wild were an attempt (and I do really like Naboris) but those are all pretty small and contained, so they don't benefit from the comparison.

That said... I don't know what you've decided about it (I know you've played further and finished the game on stream at least), but if you want my 2c I don't think you should bother with the faeries in Stone Tower. That lava rolling puzzle is utterly infuriating to deal with, and while the reward could be said to compare to Biggoron's Sword in some ways, it's not in the good ones IMO. I've honestly never used it much even after getting it (though I can't seem to stop myself from getting it because completionism), the Gilded Sword is much more convenient for various reasons and there's a different item that feels much more like the game's Biggoron sword to me. (I do hope you go after that one, though, that's worth seeing.)

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Happy birthday Fae!

Congratulations on the nice video and also on getting the Big Boss key! :ocelot:

RydogZeta
Feb 14, 2016
Despite beating the game over half a dozen times I still have trouble figuring out were to go in this temple.

Also Happy birthday Fae!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Happy birthday Fae! The twist in Stone Tower Temple is really good.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
For what it's worth, Fae, I didn't like Breath of the Wild at all, either, and I was shouted at in the Zelda thread in games for saying so.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Patter Song posted:

For what it's worth, Fae, I didn't like Breath of the Wild at all, either, and I was shouted at in the Zelda thread in games for being obnoxious about it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Breath of the Wild is a fine game if you stick to the overworld, but the dungeons babbys-first-obstacle-courses are hot garbage. Some of the shrines have more complex puzzles than an entire "dungeon".

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hello I did that thing where I didn't update for a while.

In my defence, my grandmother fell very ill and unfortunately died on April 20th. RIP Nanna Olga, you were the stubbornest old lady I ever knew. That's the bad news. The good news is that as of this post, the LP has finished being recorded. That is, we've beaten the final boss and polished off a bunch of bonus content for the endgame! :toot:

Because of this utterly insane backlog I now have, updates will go back to being twice a week, but you get something special today! Here are the last two episodes from the Stone Tower session. Tomorrow will be the finale stream and over the next few weeks or so you'll get all the postgame bonus stuff! Thanks for being so patient with me, thread. We're in the home stretch now!

Episode 71 - I'm Sorry, Artix
Episode 72 - You Didn't Accomplish Much

(Sorry about the sound issues in the last part of the boss fight, Project 64 is a garbage program. I did my best to fill in the blanks though!)

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Never feel the need to apologise for things like that, only assholes would get upset by it and they don't deserve it.
My condolences for your grandmother.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

My condolences. My grandmother passed earlier this year, too. And yeah, you don't owe the Internet anything, so no need to apologize.

This ride's nearing the end. I was there for the final boss stream, so that should be fun.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Twinmold is easily the worst part of Majora's Mask 3ds and is a large part of why I haven't replayed it since I beat it

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Nihilarian posted:

Twinmold is easily the worst part of Majora's Mask 3ds and is a large part of why I haven't replayed it since I beat it
Really? I haven't beaten Twinmold yet, but I'd think it's pretty hard to get worse than MM3DS Gyorg.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
With Gyorg, it's moderately simple once you know how to do it. The timing and the control changes from not-swimming to swimming, plus relocating where Gyorg is once you've dived in, make it a bit nerve wracking on a time crunch, but things move along fairly fluidly.

Twinmold is cool on paper, but like we saw here, there are exactly two not-that-big spots that you cannot specifically z-target to hit each worm on, the rest might as well be a wall, and they're constantly moving. Plus, your sword strikes are not exactly precision movements, so you'll probably miss a lot and have to wait for the weak spots to get back to you. If this were a non-giant fight, I feel like you'd be allowed to target the specific weak spots, or they'd at least have a way to get stunned to make it easier to hit, or the bow would be more effective since the field would be smaller. As is, a person fresh to the fight has to learn and get used to the limitations of the giant's mask (because you can't exactly practice anywhere else) and the rules of the boss all at once. I'll take the two different sandworm fights in Shadow of the Colossus over this fight any day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm pretty sure they were talking about Twinmold 3DS which is uh...yeah, a totally different beast. I don't want to say too much about it since Argate will (eventually) be covering it in the second MM3D roundup video, but suffice to say that it is a complete revamp on the same level as Gyorg, and it's about as divisive as you'd expect from that statement.