Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Artix posted:

I'm pretty sure they were talking about Twinmold 3DS which is uh...yeah, a totally different beast. I don't want to say too much about it since Argate will (eventually) be covering it in the second MM3D roundup video, but suffice to say that it is a complete revamp on the same level as Gyorg, and it's about as divisive as you'd expect from that statement.
Argate did a first MM3D roundup video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Commander Keene posted:

Argate did a first MM3D roundup video?

This. And what was that about Xenoblade 2 at the end, are you guys doing an XC2 LP that I missed?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Zopotantor posted:

This. And what was that about Xenoblade 2 at the end, are you guys doing an XC2 LP that I missed?
I think it's just what Artix and Argate had been playing a lot of at the time; they were even playing during at least one recording session.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Commander Keene posted:

I think it's just what Artix and Argate had been playing a lot of at the time; they were even playing during at least one recording session.

Ah, OK.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yeah we recorded that around December, a little after XBC2’s release. Also:

https://youtu.be/5sqGIu80r2k

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Commander Keene posted:

Artix and Argate have a fun habit of playing other games while we record -- I honestly don't mind them doing it because sometimes I get stuck on puzzles and take a long time to do things and it keeps them from getting bored! But yes, they were playing XC2 pretty much as soon as the session started because they knew I'd have a time!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I gotta bring this up, because there's a hilariously easy way to kill Eyegores: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf1WsgwefZc

Walk up to his face (while holding shield), drop bomb, repeat.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 73 - Frogs

I was originally going to post the entirety of the last session stream in one video and then I realised its two hours long. So I chopped it up into four episodes! So here's where we decided to kill time by going frog hunting!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I used to think you *had* to clear every dungeon again on the final run, otherwise the giants wouldn't show up.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Man, the giant's mask is Ultraman as gently caress

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zopotantor posted:

For what it's worth, Argate and I have been having a somewhat lazy and sporadic back and forth on which one of us will try to LP Xenoblade 1 first for nearly a year now. The current front runner appears to be "neither" :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

According to my LP folder, I’ve had that in the wings for... at least 2 years. Maaaaybe I should actually get to work on that one. :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thank you for reminding me that I still need to go back and finish Xenoblade 1, that's been on my gaming to-do list forever.

Bruceski posted:

I used to think you *had* to clear every dungeon again on the final run, otherwise the giants wouldn't show up.

I like to go back and beat all of the dungeon bosses before doing the final boss, it just feels right.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

C-Euro posted:

Thank you for reminding me that I still need to go back and finish Xenoblade 1, that's been on my gaming to-do list forever.

Same.

quote:

I like to go back and beat all of the dungeon bosses before doing the final boss, it just feels right.

Also same.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I finally did that after finishing XC2, glad to see I'm not alone. XC1 is still actually a really good game.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 74 - Water Is Nature's Puzzle

Time to polish off the frog quest and collect some extra heart pieces to prepare for the final day!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
My favorite part about this session was how you had two people on to replace me and somehow both of them were wrong about everything they suggested.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

The monster you hookshotted was a Bombchu. I remember being incredulous and wondering what would happen at the same time, just because I'd never thought to try that.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I never realized until I played 3D that those switches that turn on the fountain are supposed to be fish. I always thought it was supposed to be an old switch that just decayed after you used it.

Also, something weird I learned one time. If you get both fountains moving the water wheel, it stops (obviously) and the motor in the next room stops too. I can't remember if it's advantageous or not though, since I only did it once years ago and it requires very precise moving to see it.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I am so bad at updating LPs you guys D:

So, so you don't have to wait until next month to see the end of the game, here's a nice fancy double update for you where I beat the game!

Episode 75 - This Is A Sting Operation
Episode 76 - A Learning LP

And that's it! That's the end of the game :toot: but don't worry folks, there's more content still do see! Thanks to everyone in chat for joining us for this really fun time and for seeing through the end of the game with me! You're the best and most patient audience ever :kimchi:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Now I'm just imagining Link, at every single obstacle that gets in his way, just yelling "I wanna go to the carnival!" getting more and more agitated each time. And by the time he gets to the final boss he's just screaming carnival food with each strike.

"DEEP FRIED OREOS!"
*slash*
"TURKEY LEGS!"
*arrow shot*
FUNNEL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!"
*jump slash*

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Current mood:
https://youtu.be/W77xbWW4kTY

For real though, there were a few points in the LP where I honestly thought you weren't going to get through the game, but you did anyway. Nicely done! Has everything that we're going to see on video been recorded at this point?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 12, 2018

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

We did our last recording a few weeks ago, so yes all content has been recorded already. HOWEVER there are still things left to spoil. If it hasn't been seen in video, don't talk about it, I know a few people here were watching/playing along blind with me and I don't want to ruin the surprise for them!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

This is the first time I've seen how the fight with Majora goes down without getting all the masks for the children on the moon. The rewards for going to that effort are pretty good though, not to mention how rewarding the mask sidequests are on their own, so I'm glad you're doing that.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Faerie Fortune posted:

We did our last recording a few weeks ago, so yes all content has been recorded already. HOWEVER there are still things left to spoil. If it hasn't been seen in video, don't talk about it, I know a few people here were watching/playing along blind with me and I don't want to ruin the surprise for them!

Then I'll quote myself from earlier in the thread but not actually link the LP in question-

C-Euro posted:

Since you name-dropped DoctorKill's Majora LP I want to give a shout-out to smokyprogg's three-day challenge run of the game that's also on the LP archive, if you still remember this post by the time you finish your run you should definitely check it out (not linking it here for obvious reasons)

It's good enough that I remember recommending it two years(!) ago :v:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Just watched the last episode. So...you were listing the other 3D Zeldas and said "I'm not going to do Wind Waker because I've already played it and I'm not going to do Skyward Sword because I don't want to."

Twilight Princess LP confirmed. :v:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hi friends, its been a while! Things got in the way, mostly my mental health but this isn't the place for that! I've had the final two sessions sitting on my hard drive for ages and finally got around to editing them!

What, you didn't think we were finished, did you? There's still masks to get!

Episode 77 - Deja Vu

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

FF6 is on the SNES Classic? drat, I might actually have to get one now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So I guess that noise early on must have been the whale-weigh station, huh

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Commander Keene posted:

FF6 is on the SNES Classic? drat, I might actually have to get one now.

I'd never played it before until i got mine, that game is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

Entirely worth the cost.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

blah blah life's been busy, I moved across the country and live with my girlfriend now and just got a pet cockatiel, his name is Terra, he's 8 weeks old and I love him.

Since I left you waiting for so long, here's two episodes. We've got very little left to go at this point so I'll be posting another new episode every other day until we reach the end!

Episode 78 - Pizza Is Not Passover Friendly
Episode 79 - Bug Hunting

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused

Faerie Fortune posted:

blah blah life's been busy, I moved across the country and live with my girlfriend now and just got a pet cockatiel, his name is Terra, he's 8 weeks old and I love him.

Since I left you waiting for so long, here's two episodes. We've got very little left to go at this point so I'll be posting another new episode every other day until we reach the end!

Episode 79 - Bug Hunting

Woohoo, I've missed this. Best of luck, stay strong, you're at the home stretch!

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Episode 79 - Bug Hunting

Aww man, I missed this LP to pieces, good to have you back!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Faerie Fortune posted:

just got a pet cockatiel, his name is Terra, he's 8 weeks old and I love him.

Final Fantasy VI Terra or Kingdom Hearts Terra?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Its actually a really dumb and roundabout Jojos reference. My girlfriend wanted to name him Jojo but I vetoed her because her only reason for wanting to do it was because she wanted to have an opportunity to scream "JOJO" in daily life so as a compromise we went Jojos > Dio Brando > The World > Terra

But if we get any more they will probably be called Aqua and Ventus so I guess its a kingdom hearts reference now

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Roundabout is the proper way to do Jojo references

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Tarezax posted:

Roundabout is the proper way to do Jojo references
:hmmyes: I see what you did there.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 80 - Mom's Spaghetti

also I feel bad because I mentioned baby bird but didn't provide pictures so here, meet Terra!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I love that the use of the Couple's Mask is to "save the Mayor from a tedious meeting" and the game acknowledges it as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
In the nicest way possible, Fae, I was floored to see you do the Sun Mask race/block challenge right on the first shot.

Also I totally didn't know about/didn't think about the possibility of making Kafei show up to an empty room.