Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I've finally caught up to this thread! :woop: I am actually, myself, playing Majora's Mask for the first time (well, Majora's Mask 3D) so I've had to hold off until I was pretty sure I was past wherever you were. And I'm just about at parity, so as long as i keep playing I should get to keep watching videos as they come out now!

I have to admit my attempts at Goron racing went almost exactly the same way yours did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
I love everything about Romani Ranch. :allears:

I love how there's a whole Hylian X-COM Horse Archery Cow Defense subplot. I love that when you practice for it you get the the goofy, banjo-rear end horserace theme. I love how in the aftermath you have to defend the milk from raiders by "discouraging them with your arrows." Yes. discouraging them. And then I totally lost it with Cremia's little speech about growing up.

Congratulations, Link! Today you are a man. Here is your cow mask to represent this important life milestone.

I suspect this is because one of the things that's been striking me in Majora's Mask is how Link isn't really a kid anymore. He can can wield sizable blades, and the Hylian shield, as well as any Knight. Most shopkeepers see him as just another customer, even if they sell weapons. The soldiers had to double-take, but they only make the mistake once and are totally embarassed about it.

But none of that matters, you know? What matters is a cow mask.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Valgaav posted:

Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for the rest of his life.

Teach a fish to man, and you get :krad: guitar solos.

:golfclap:

Mikau's voice clips remind me of Rayman for some reason.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Whether or not there was an apocalypse in the backstory of Knytt Underground is something the characters themselves debate. The surface is definitely toxic to the characters, and humanity has vanished, but they aren't clear what happened.

The player is invited to make some shrewd guesses though.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
That was some physics, I tell you what. I've never seen Zora Link do the backstroke before.

The biggest question I have, though, is this: how were the Ice Arrows going to make all those pirates rich? They were so jazzed about the prospect of looting the great treasure from the temple, and, well, even if we discount their Failure To Infiltrate the grand prize would have been a blast from the Sad Trombone of Time.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

C-Euro posted:

I wouldn't go quite that far, Epona is hella sweet in Twilight Princess since you can light enemies up from horseback so easily.

That's not N64, but I don't otherwise disagree. Epona's role in the final battle is probably about half of why I remember Twilight Princess more fondly than, like, everyone.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Pre-emptive congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school
Congratulations on finishing my second favorite Zelda game of all time! I still have a soft spot in my heart for Doctor Kill's run at https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-and-Randomizer/ - it's not as Super Wrong as OoT but that's in part because Majora's Mask is so very wrong on its own.