Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Happy birthday Fae! Always great to see new videos from you.

(I've been watching your LPs for years but just got round to making a SA account the other day so hey, I can comment now. This is weird.)

This dungeon blew a lot of people's minds back in the day, and for good reason. It's one of many reasons I wish I'd tried to play this game without a guide, but I was something like ten or eleven years old when it came out and just defaulted to buying the guide with the game. Even replaying years later as an adult, I remembered too much to get the full experience I think, so it's fun getting to experience a bit of that vicariously. They haven't really managed to improve on the design either; I think the beasts in Breath of the Wild were an attempt (and I do really like Naboris) but those are all pretty small and contained, so they don't benefit from the comparison.

That said... I don't know what you've decided about it (I know you've played further and finished the game on stream at least), but if you want my 2c I don't think you should bother with the faeries in Stone Tower. That lava rolling puzzle is utterly infuriating to deal with, and while the reward could be said to compare to Biggoron's Sword in some ways, it's not in the good ones IMO. I've honestly never used it much even after getting it (though I can't seem to stop myself from getting it because completionism), the Gilded Sword is much more convenient for various reasons and there's a different item that feels much more like the game's Biggoron sword to me. (I do hope you go after that one, though, that's worth seeing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU