Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

LadyAmbien posted:

Hi - I've been away, but now I'm back. The number of emails I have returned to about GBS turning into a steaming pile of garbage is disappointing. I will be handing out bans and probations as party favours for people who are violating forum rules and generally being terrible. If you think before you post, this will not happen.

Besides that, I'm happy to be here again! Give me updates and highlights of what I've missed!

LA, serious question: Were you around when GBS was actually good? It turned into a steaming pile quite a while ago and it honestly seemed like the mods at the time pretty much allowed it to become FYAD lite in a real hurry for some unknown reason. In fact about that time was when it had a weird background suddenly (trout?) and for a short period, much like BYOB/FYAD do.

I am all for GBS becoming decent again, but the staff really gets the bulk of the blame for effectively tossing the reins up in the air and willingly allowing no holds barred for too long.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

8 track betamax wants us to either stop posting about ethnocentric stuff, animes, popping wordfilters(?) and other things that I don't really understand. And I'm still not sure if they're all joking or what we're supposed to post like now.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778334

Maybe you can clarify. Or ban me. I don't know, but I'm glad you're back and doing stuff!

I was wondering where that thread went.

I mean, LA, that very thread is case in point of how bad moderation is anymore. Not because of SWBM's OP, but the very fact that even that thread was unmoderated to the point where it landed in the gas chamber.

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 4, 2016

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

MiracleWhale posted:

did you ever stop to think that the things that you think are bad.... are actually good?

Those things I think are "bad" are already considered "good".

In FYAD.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I actually really like this idea

antimods

make it so six-hours cant be lifted, while everything else has to go through the approval process of regular probations

What is this "approval process" you speak of? Do you honestly think the one doing approvals actually look at the posts and context which they were posted within?
Get serious.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Applewhite posted:

The rules should exist to encourage funny posts, not to suppress the mods' pet peeves.

Amen to that. I hate most everyone in this forum section, but hate moreso rear end reasoning like blanket bans on a pet peeve.

• Locked thread