Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

rabidsquid posted:

lmao is bunny seriously permanently benched because he lost a game
Gonna have to scoot down for Meteos after that ult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ahahahaha they're subbing Bunny back in.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

"Tempo" is the new "rotations" and I hate Jatt's dumb voice.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

steakmancer posted:

Bunny is still Top 3 in mechanical supports in the western hemisphere I really don't blame C9 for holding onto him for the sake of denying him to other teams
Deep rosters are the world's longest pick/ban phase.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nook posted:

I like Jatt but he has a tendency to oversell the losing team's situation and ability to come back. I'm pretty sure Riot eSports makes the casters do that to some degree, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous (a recent IMT game being a prime example of this).

Phreak and Riv are pretty bad though
In fairness, Jatt knows more about getting extra chances to win than anyone else

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Let's be real though, Piglet defeat-tears are the only reason to watch a TL game

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Unless the meta is "being EULCS" in which case yes. This is always the way.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Schnorkles posted:

lmao god hates TL if they get a remake
If this game gets a remake, RealFoxy is no longer allowed to post about how much Riot plots and schemes to bring down glorious C9

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hypocrisy posted:

This would really suck for TL if they had to start this game over.
Welp,

Now, let's see if Rek'sai is banned for the rest of the patch. That would be funny at least.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

rabidsquid posted:

dont talk poo poo about Dyrus like this
In fairness, Dyrus and Darshan have "CLG doing everything they can to make him dead" in common

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Guys. Guysguysguysguysguys.

Stinxxay.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lovechop posted:

shen mindlessly face tanking everything a riven does and coming out massively on top nice meta
People doing badly on Riven above 1v1 tournaments/Silver is new to which meta exactly

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hypocrisy posted:

What's the cooldown on that Ashe arrow?
With max cdr, it's 60s/54s/48s

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

That's definitely a Huhi TP play, as a pejorative.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jensen playing Taliyah badly shouldn't be a surprise, since Bjergsen has been playing her well and Jensen's always been the Kirkland Signature version of Bjergsen.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

exethan posted:

c9 should consider swapping their entire starting roster to challenger series :)
Given time I think that decision will be made for them.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lovechop posted:

apparently none of the eu teams got asked about this as usual lol
How would something involving the game before 30 minutes ever be relevant to an EU team?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you're feeling beat up on in this thread, why not rebrand yourself as Calax Challenger and go shout down some kids on Gamefaqs

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

You'd think they'd do better with a tie-in with Depends

for when they get to playoffs and poo poo the bed

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

How Rude posted:

i haven't been watching LCS the past month or so, why is Karma a 20% ban? is her Mantra E considered that good?
Initiation in the current meta is "blow a speed buff and run at them fuckers" so Karma and Sivir are highly valued right now.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

INORI THE GOD

e: P1 v NV. game 3. a game worth watching.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

P1 playing rock-paper-scissors during a pause is the most endearing thing.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Savage Cracker posted:

Let's see if IMT will stay strong or fall to the craven ways of TSM and ban the #1 champ
A Morde ban in competitive play is basically a win for all viewers.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dueling Bandsaws posted:

And IMT with Illaoi for the counter-troll champ pick???
AND the Support Kench.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

That double-trade mind game.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

This is the best game of League of Legends.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The important thing here is that, while Teemo was played, people were shown why Teemo should not be played.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

5-man fountain diving was worth it though.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anyone in competitive play can look good on Jhin when the competition is stixxay, who ults whenever he remembers where R is regardless of where enemies are or what their life bars are at.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Inori was the true solo queue all-star in a season that looked like dynamic queue. One man with a 4-stack against nothing but 5-stacks. Triumphing through sheer force of carry-from-jungle will.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

So who's going to name their fantasy team OHQ's Hurricanes this season

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Radical posted:

theres been a lot of discussion on reddit about franchising LCS and despite literally thousands of posts on the topic i havent seen a single good one yet which i think is pretty impressive personally
Depending on what you mean, I can see three problems to explain why:
1. How would you even do it without every instance (save the biggest) turning into a Silver All-Stars clowntown immediately? If you mean franchising as in the idea of the leagues, the talent pool is pretty shallow for most places and given how badly Riot handles it as the IP owner with theoretically the deepest pockets, I'd be surprised if anyone else could do not-worse.
2. Same as one but on a team level; even expanding the active team count to like 10 gave us Echo Fox (and P1 for the first half of the split).
3. Who has the money to burn on a wider level? Usually organizations dumb enough to dip a toe into esports are doing so by making a game of their own to do poorly, and individuals with the cash to throw around may look at ROI that Rick Fox and Shaq have seen and put away their wallets.

So I would imagine without delving into literally thousands of reddit posts, that the reason those posts are bad is because there's not really much to talk about beyond insane speculation about dream scenarios instead of the very dull reality.

e:

Libertine posted:

If anything other pro leagues should get rid of franchising. You shouldn't be able to own the right to suck rear end for a long period of time and not have someone else replace you. I've never seen a team get relegated that didn't deserve it.
I dunno, it's fine for other pro sports. Then again, a huge part of that is no doubt because we have a collegiate infrastructure in place that means more than 5 people in the country can not-embarrass-themselves on a national stage on the reg in a given field.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Radical posted:

yeah, its basically a bunch of people making the same argument but in favor of a different side "if the league is franchised teams will spend more money and the level of play will rise" "if the league isn't franchised the teams will try harder to do well and the level of play will rise"

the actual reality is that theres gonna be poo poo teams no matter what
Unless they can magic up a past decade of people playing way too many video games full time while also remaining young and spry and having not-Hai-wrists

Then boy, won't we look silly

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lovechop posted:

what's even the point of watching sports if you can't have cool loving stories like leicester in the premier league
If there were any justice in the world, Inori would be a forced substitution on a random team at Worlds.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Radical posted:

it feels like the same argument as shrinking LCS back down to 8 teams, "i dont wanna watch these bottom tier rear end teams play get rid of em" like there wasn't lovely teams before they expanded it.
Here's the thing: I felt the same way, like a moron, until scarra and imaqtpie's show started.

Now I want a 36-team roster with 32 shitters and I want those streaming geniuses doing 3 hours of coverage a week.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Savage Cracker posted:

Budget Sven/Bjerg
Canonically Jensen is the budget Bjerg

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

rabidsquid posted:

jensen gets all the resources, bjerg doesnt get jack poo poo and is the best player in the west. jensen isnt even remotely on the level of being a budget bjergsen.
He's budget because in a given match he's probably going to be worth way less gold.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Gonna call this LOD's second most embarrassing finish on a stream in history

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

It's ok, Huhi will have the entire off-season to learn a second character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Make it 10 bans, but each team picks 2 at the start of the series that stay throughout.

• Locked thread