Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
keith is good

xpost but the right thread this time i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game but holy poo poo was this boring. Also, FNC's teamfight was impressive.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
maxlore's casks are hilarious

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
If meteos hadn't flashed behind bjergsen to knock him in range to ult jensen and interrupt his beam, that gank would've been a 1 for 1 with the advantage going to C9. Yeah, jensen hosed up his skillshots but that insec by meteos was the dumbest thing

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Wol posted:

I love the idea of anything Zac does being called an Insec. Literally the most underwhelming thing

True, I just meant flashing behind him and knocking him back into his team. Also, the actual insec move isn't very impressive anymore either tbh

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

AttackBacon posted:

I'm going to float the controversial opinion that both these teams are, in fact, good.

C9 hosed up pretty bad there though

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
as a true taunt spam aficionado myself, I must say Wunder is cool in my book

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
lol Veritas is truly awful heh heh

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Losing a teamfight 5 for 1 when 10k up is pretty next level

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
With how much planning and theorycrafting goes into playing out the early game as efficiently as possible with various comps etc., I keep being surprised at how poo poo so many teams are past 30 minutes

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I hate watching reksai, gently caress that champ

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Giving up reksai's farm advantage for an ocean drake at 7 minutes seems questionable to me

e: I respect using gnar ult to clear the wave though

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 5, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

wodin posted:

Oh look Rek'sai just full-cleared the top side of Meteos' jungle. I'm a huge C9 fan but this pick is just disastrous.

Being 8 farm down to reksai as zac at 15 minutes is more than fine, which is why I'm pretty sure RO's decision to take that drag at 7 minutes was a bad one

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
they also don't have a bad draft at all

I'm not sure I've ever seen huni have as little impact in teamfights as he has this game

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Ulio posted:

Maybe its the comp but u shouldn't get out teamfought that hard in the first teamfight of the game. They went 4 for 0 if ur a good teamfighting team that doesn't happen. Also Impact is miles ahead of Huni in terms of teamfighting because of the champion and ability.]

E: they were even during the first teamfight.

You lose every teamfight 4 to 0 if you fight against a full teamfighting comp on their terms while half your comp is a pick comp and the other half consists of teamfighting champions. IMT outdrafted themselves hard this game

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
e: ^^^^ :drat:

I highly recommend watching the replays of the teamfights in that game and focussing solely on Huni. He does gently caress all, watches his team lose and dips in every single one, it's like he's a spectator with a skillset and some items

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I agree with not banning gnar tbh. Impact is always going to live up to his name in teamfights regardless of the champ he has. I'm just glad IMT finally drafted a pick comp consistently rather than drafting some bullshit comp that attempts to do 4 different things at once. If they play this out right, they should never have to fight gnar before having won the game anyway

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Jayisspecial posted:

Not confident in C9 pulling off this comp. versatility isn't really their calling card.

I like the draft though. Picking strong laners against a pick comp is one of the most effective ways to shut it down

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
this is still C9's game to lose tbh. IMT needed to get the first turret off that pick to really start rolling

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
top die

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The undisputed best way to deal with being behind is going ARAM for 2 minutes, sharing 19 creeps among the 5 of you

huni and pobelter were equal in farm to their lane opponents 5 minutes ago, now they're both down 35

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 5, 2016

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

henkman posted:

Shocking, that the team fight comp won team fights

this

also, while I like the idea of reapered being praised for C9's drafts, they played two cookie cutter teamfight comps with strong laners while IMT very possibly drafted the top 2 worst comps you can have while picking meta champs

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Watch IMT ban gnar now and get shitstomped by Impact on literally any other champion because IMT have no idea how to draft anything cohesive

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Gotta give the Notorious P.O.B. credit for sticking to the theme and giving up that first blood in a drive-by to a man in a suit though

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Over/under on huni's KDA being 0.6 this game guys?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wild Turtle Ashe

Yeah the mindgames in champ select were strong this game. At least IMT's comp is finally looking like something that can fight but i suspect they're lacking cc

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

whats incredible to me is that C9 has this one specific weird weakness where Meteos is totally unable to make a play if he's not the one making the call.

Papasmithy and monte made that remark in their review of C9 vs TSM game 4 and it couldnt be more accurate

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
What with c9 only ever having fielded toplaners who live up to their name, one could only reasonably expect imaqtpie making his professional comeback as Impact's successor

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Gragas is trash now. I'm fairly sure vi will have a higher p/b rate at worlds than the fat man

e: oops I should've read the second half of the post above mine my bad

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I think tsm will end up fourth in their group.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I've watched literally all videos RL, Thorin and Monte (and Moses and Anders) have put out in at least the last 6 months. It's good background noise when I'm playing league or rocket league

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I miss incarnati0n. All this jensen guy does is whiff even ori QWs and pve the wraiths

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Meteos is taking his memes to the next level. He went from shooting single-target cumshots with elise to giving millions worldwide blue balls with his lee sin

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm not sure why, but I enjoyed that game

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

henkman posted:

It wasn't constant fighting, but it was good because H2K won with strong laning and then transitioned into good macro/rotations

that, and it's also pretty fun to watch ryu when he's playing well

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
e: ^^^ nami's a good pick imo

Also holy poo poo mouse is bad.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

there was a ton of lane pressure in mid and for good reason, Malzahar can't really stop from being pushed constantly by Ryze (literally every mid champ?). bot was even / possibly ahead due to player skill, but again, no pressure. three lanes with no pressure, three lanes with no KILL pressure, Elise jungle. i mean.

yeah, although its USUALLY limited to mouse and scout being left to hang while bot lane tries to carry. meiko hasn't been good on nami and i don't know why they keep picking it

Ryze is probably the worst champ to give first blood to that early. If he hadn't had a tear at 3 minutes he wouldn't have been able to push nearly as easily - he was actually almost oom right before he got the kill

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

malzahar doesn't have the CD, mana, or ap to keep the lane shoved during laning

I know, but it wouldn't have had to be under his turret 24/7 either. He couldve held it in front of his turret if ryze hadn't been allowed a level advantage and to start scaling at 3 minutes

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I guess we disagree there. I'm not saying he has amazing lane pressure, don't get me wrong, but it really isn't hard to not be under your turret for the first 10 minutes in any (meta) midlane matchup. Even malz

e: I should probably specify on any mana-based midlane champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
rofl @ riv, suggesting a jayce TPs to his turret for 6 minions at 15 minutes

• Locked thread