Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

archduke.iago posted:

immortals confirmed tilted

yup pretty much came to post this

I'll place the over/under number on Huni deaths at 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Apex has fed first blood at 3 minutes, good start, good start

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Schnorkles posted:

NRG you worthless shits. :mad:

I know, I want them to win =(

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Schnorkles posted:

NRG you worthless shits. :mad:

I know, I want them to win =(

Edit: Wow, what a a nice fight by C9. Great choice pulling the trigger there with Huni not there yet.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hahaha meteos just casually smiting for the elder dragon steal

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
What... what was that fight?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Piglet showing that you actually have to wait for your skillshot to figure out if they're in the brush

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Keith noooo

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Echo Fox noooo

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Also I see "adaptations from swapping new players" is going to be the new "C9 shotcalling" meme from Riot this split

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

iSurrender posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone want that?

But without chat, how would I know what the darkest memes are??

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hahahaha I love Europe

Also wow, Forgiven must've really made a lot of people furious, because that press release was not kind to him.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Asema posted:

In some sports a draw is actually worse than a loss becuase of Win % and also literally every sport is W/L/D(T) but lol at W-T-L just lol

Pretty sure W-D-L is a european thing

Premier league tables (at least the one I looked up) do that.

That said W-L-T is a United States NFL Football thing so it's obviously superior :911: :911:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Libertine posted:

If you're an American who likes watching European Sports, you'll know that the best way to kick off any weekend is to wake up around 6AM on a Saturday for a blockbuster English Premier League match only to see it go 90 full minutes for the 0-0 draw. Your coffee tastes better and the rest of your day just feels great.

Having done this it's really fun when in 90 minutes there's only 3 or 4 actual shots that had a remote chance of going in. Makes me appreciate the beautiful game :v:

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 9, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

exethan posted:

phreak is a good guy to have on the desk when you want some retarded bitch to whine about item builds or skill orders he doesn't understand

tell us Phreak why cloud drake is awesome, thanks

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
rip smoothie

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

exethan posted:

lmao, why don't they just make everyone's life simpler and pick a goddamn player to keep at support

you see, ADAPTATION

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
RIP CLG

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

YancyQ posted:

Bunnyfufu had a great game; time to sub him out.

at least if they did the "swap em if they lose" you could create some dumb narrative about PLAY THE HOT HAND or A FRESH FACE TO BREAK BAD MOMENTUM

c9 deserves relegation now and forever

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
This TL vs. EF game is somehow repeating a cycle of "TL win a fight, get an objective, somehow manage to get picked off and lose momentum".

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It feels like Echo Fox has the skills to be a good team but their ingame strategy is really frustrating to watch

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Kibner posted:

You have a better chance of getting a bigger payout from raising a Challenger team to LCS and selling it off than you do by winning Worlds.

Yeah, winning worlds is a lot better for the exposure than it is the actual money. The whole reward structure for league pro gaming is a mess in many ways.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 14, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It used to be there was the International and whatever outside of that was two-bit leagues happened to exist for whatever prize pool was out there. Teams would generally form for the international and if they didn't win or place in the top 3 would break up quite often. Valve wanted to keep more consistency, so they've been tinkering with the general pro structure.

As of the 2015-2016 season, Dota now has 3 "majors" outside of the International that happen once every 3 months or so. There's no LCS structure as far as I know but there's a lot of money in DOTA if you make it into one of the majors and/or TI.

The Manila major had a prize pool of $3 million, better than League Worlds :laffo:. Also, in a humorous fashion, Europe has gone 1-2 in all three majors.

Edit: Even funnier, Smite World Championships had a larger prize pool than League worlds 2015. Good going, Riot.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 14, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hahah this is a clown fest baron

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
hahaha wooooow double throw NV

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
NOBODY CAN STOP THE KID

Edit: NEVER MIND FENIX CAN STOP THE KID

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Haha, i want them to just describe the game while they play it

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Redmark posted:

ugh Echo Fox are hard to watch

Echo Fox is the team I really want to win but always dissapoints me

Unlike Phoenix they actually have good enough players to at least be a playoff team, but they just make baffling in-game decisions

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

RealFoxy posted:

They're experimenting with EU LCS (Re: they don't want to compete against Football) and all four days are being condensed into Fri-Sun. EU in the morning, NA in the evening

Aw yeah, full Saturday of LCS action :toot:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
echo fox is gonna lose this

I'm glad i stopped pretending like they'd be better this split

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
NRG gets baron stolen? Why I never!!!!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Jenny Angel posted:

Obviously they didn't know these would be the bottom four teams when they made the schedule, but starting off the day with the bottom four filling up both streams is extremely lame

This is also the time of the TAS block of SGDQ so that was really kind of them to have the bottom 4 there

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

rabidsquid posted:

i actually think that lcs viewership has been dropping a lot in the past two seasons at least partially bc of the promotion/relegation situation and a lot of teams being sold. for the first couple of seasons of LCS you could more or less follow the teams, even if old team coast or evil geniuses were total garbage there was like a familiarity with the orgs and rosters that no longer exists.

it really feels like 80% of eu teams have changed ownership and the teams that haven't have had massive roster turnover. in NA you've got TSM who have huge brand recognition but only really carrying over bjerg, and of course they have DL now who is also super popular. Team Liquids second longest tenured dude is Fenix for fucks sake.

Yup, agree with this.

The other issue with NA at least is that the regular season is almost pretty much decided, and there's still three weeks and change left to go. The only thing that's really at play is which team of the five mid-tier teams won't make it to playoffs, and say with near 100% certainty it will have to be between Apex and EnvyUS. There doesn't feel like there's much parity between the tiers of teams.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
should rename himself to Bart or Homer :colbert:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Libertine posted:

I can't keep up with competitive league right now. It's impossible for me. There's way too many games and they all kind of look exactly the same.

I watch NA LCS only and then I only really watch the good matchups. The rest I just keep on in the background.

Professional league has become baseball!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Koskinator posted:

xPeke will be sub for ADC and Mid so we will maybe watch him playing some games.

Wow! We're going to watch xPeke play some games!!!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Jenny Angel posted:

Just so we're all on the same page, Giants are the best EU team because draws are sickening and they have the fewest draws

:yeah:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
That was pretty cool by Mash

come on p1, make a late run and make us all proud

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

YancyQ posted:

Now that they've secured their byes, should TSM and IMT rest their starters heading to the playoffs or play them and risk injury?

No, you have to keep playing them so they don't get rusty!!!!

Were any of the games good this weekend? I was busy with work and evo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
YOU GET IN YOUR LANES AND FIGHT ALREADY :mad:

• Locked thread