Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I'd probably give NRG a "most games" list. They seem to always take everything to three games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Random news from reading Reddit Threads.

Looks like Fabby is here to stay for Liquid. The new paradigm is working significantly better for them where Dardoch leads the main squad, with Loco coaching. Meanwhile Piglet is enjoying being in Challenger and leading TLA and helping train those guys.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

The piece of poo poo Piglet has through direct insubordination taken control of Team Liquid Academy and is selling them to the Chinese.

Why would he sell them to china?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The Mash posted:

It's Yensen in Danish but most danes accept and even use english pronunciations of their names when abroad

... All I'm seeing is that we pronounce it Gensin to prevent him from becoming... well

As to Piglet, I started watching last season, so I don't know anything about the whole "OMG GUYZ! HE'S TOXIC!", but IIRC most people were saying the reason he wasn't picked up by a Korean team was because his skill had fallen off. Adding on to that he did get offers from Korean teams, but because Liquid basically latched onto him early and stuck with him, he chose to go to America rather than to Korea.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Seraph is trying to drag his team, kicking, screaming, and half alive back into the first game against TSM.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And I double click on accident... I blame 60 hour work weeks.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So, P1 and NRG are going into the relegation tournament right?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://esports-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/production/files/rules/NALCS_Penalty_Tracker.pdf

Account sharing warning for Keith and Slooshi. P1's toplaner got a 2 game ban for "extreme negative behavior"

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think Riot's best option re:foreign/regional players would be to have a player's "home" region be where they started playing on a premier team (So, Jensen would be NA, Bjerg would not)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Impact was not worth trading Rush for.

And as far as NRG's problems, I think Ohq/Kiwi would be a better duo if there were any pressure anywhere else on the map. Quas and GBM exert borderline no pressure and Santorin has his ups and downs but is nowhere near aggressive enough to take pressure off their botlane. They desperately need an aggressive Jungler on NRG or they'll fail, and if they've really got that kind of money they should look into trying to buy out Dardoch or trade Santorin for him. Maybe they can give Liquid enough to buy a better midlaner too.

So, if NRG could grab Rush somehow they'd be in a good spot. Or they could pull in Cris if they wanted to take a chance... start subbing him in and out with Quas

Wait, Santorin doesn't count as an Import slot? How the f?

Also, P1 just took a series of Apex.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Fixer is joining Phoenix1.

Just a heads up.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9 seriously needs to ward more... TSM seems to have complete control over vision.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

That was an impressive dance

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think c9 over estimated their abilities. Sneaky was doing amazing but they couldn't properly engage at ALL.

Wonder if anything would have been different with Jihn/Lux as the backline.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

if fox dont fire their coaches i hope they get relegated. or stay in lcs but continue to be a bottom tier team.

everyone should just draft azir against them every game the rest of the split

... Didn't they already do that?

I mean, Cop quit on June 21 (and is hanging with Saint on Apex)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

NV with Freeze would be terrifying right now.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Turtle Penta too.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Dr. Twitch is in the house.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The more this goes on, the more it seems to favor C9.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

IXIX posted:

If you're a support, what's the point in having Veil and not Zzrot? The latter seems significantly better for late game wave management.

The active to prevent Meteos from dying right there.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

And sneaky and Jensen manage to break the base by just ignoring the objective. Honestly, a good call considering that Dragon fight is win or lose.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

I think Smoothie was off his game this round too. He seemed to not hit that much.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Is bunny out this weekend?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Radical posted:

that dudes unlucky

If he's still in the C9 house, he's probably the one who chose to back off rather than C9.

Although, for all we know he does this, and the minute the split ends it's announced that he's going to Apex to replace Xspecial

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Stream 1 is going to be... interesting.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Cloud nine is doing bad... Just look at the difference between Stixxay and Sneaky.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Zirene seems like he's able to keep Riv from decending into word salad.

Also C9 are choking against NV in the first game.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

The Kench has been unbenched by NV.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Best part is if you look at his feed, you can see where he realizes "Oh poo poo they're gonna win".

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Fun fact... the only person on P1 who's listed as an import is Pirean.

EVERYONE else is NA (including Gate, somehow)

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Libertine posted:

Catching up with a ton of LCS highlights I missed due to traveling. I don't understand the return of Triforce into BoRK Irelia. That's such a greedy build for competitive and then she just gets focused and annihilated in any 5v5.

Splyce looks really good and Wunder is probably the most improved player in the EU LCS, he's somehow gone from a guy who teleports to engage 1v4s and die to a guy who tends to always be on the right side of early aggressive trades and team fights exceptionally well even on utility champions in losing lanes.

Drop everything you're doing right now, and watch P1 TSM.

THen you can go back to your regularly scheduled EU.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Honestly, I think Inori just proved why people like Rush work. It's just that teams get so stuck in the meta of Gragas Rek'sai they forget there's something else to play.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Between APEX, NV, and Phoenix1, there are 2 REALLY good teams in those rosters.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

exethan posted:

you've been infected with the cloud 9 syndrome of hypothetical super team creation. please consider rooting for teams based on how cool they are

I think we've already proven I don't do that, otherwise I'd be rooting for Gravity to come from the grave in their leather Jackets.

Instead I'm a c9 fan, a team which everyone here irrationally dislikes.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

If you're feeling beat up on in this thread, why not rebrand yourself as Calax Challenger and go shout down some kids on Gamefaqs

I thought this was Challenger for Reddit?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfqSUwPG_5w

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

mistaya posted:

Someone had pink hair that was bet related, (Hotshot?)
Hotshot bet that CLG would beat TSM last year when they met in week 4/5 in spring split. If CLG had won, Regi would have gone pink.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

A part of me finds it hilarious (and a bit sad) that during the game break for TSM/ NRG the camera guy managed to bop Ohq pretty hard on the head.

Also, as an Aram player, that teemo build was garbage. Don't go AD teemo, go AP and get Ryalais to really piss off the enemy team. Throw in Ludens Echo and it makes for a LOT of spread damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

vel'koz on the rift

• Locked thread