Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

next game please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

hahaha they can't kill anyone

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Jerkface posted:

What did the tweet say its gone?

Can't FNC still go to worlds via gauntlet? I mean they probably wouldnt win it, but they arent out of it yet right?

"I'm gonna kill myself ggh2k"

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

:smugdon:

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I like the idea of gently caress it just dive with Taric R but that seems to have not worked

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

So I guess Perkz never recovered from failing to live up to his hype and decided he'd just be mediocre now.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

hauntzer lol

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

So if these team owners don't like the patch schedule (understandable), what is the ideal patch schedule? Is it one patch per split? But you're still probably signing players on 1 year contracts so you can potentially get screwed by the midseason patch. Is it one patch per season, with the patch for next season announced but not implemented before worlds so you know what player types to be looking for?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It's between Season 5 SKT who only dropped one game overall in the finals, or Samsung White who dropped two games but one wasn't all that serious of a loss

Feels like SKT should take it for winning worlds and both splits of OGN vs White who were 3rd place in the splits.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Radical posted:

iirc the change to charm means people dont want to risk the leblanc counter after a blind pick but i havent played either of those champions after the mage rework so i dont actually know what the dynamic is like

LB was always Ahri's worst matchup and after the change to charm there's basically no way for Ahri to outplay, it really sucks.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Yukari posted:

What did they change about charm? The removal of 10% bonus damage on charmed targets?

That, and also: old charm used to stop dashes, it was the only cc in the game that worked like that. So when LB distortioned on to you, if you hit the charm while she was still moving it would cancel the dash and damage.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

I can't believe that was the hill they chose to die on.

I also can't believe LPL scheduled the quarter and semi finals of the regional on the same day. That's loving cruel.

That was one of the things that was really overlooked when everyone was praising the TI format: do you really want one team in the grand finals to be playing two series that day? In theory it's a Bo3 instead of 2 Bo5 and it's a loser's bracket penalty but still it's pretty insane.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Huni is... playing a tank?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Triforce Tiamat ekko you have got to be loving kidding me

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

it's just a sivir comp

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

come on

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

whoever this caster is he needs to stop losing his loving mind

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Ba_ Jhi_

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

ABABLABLABLABBBABLBALOOO

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

??????????????

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Sneaky on point today

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

no i guess they can't end the series, morons

e: well now they loving can

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I'm surprised to find out that Phreak doesn't actually know what an arcsecond is, very.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

No morello no executioner's calling lol

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

someone explain to me why kassadin is so meta all of a sudden when waveclear is still good in mid tia

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

actually what

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

Impact is stacking a loving Mejai's right now he absolutely poo poo on Seraph in this series my god

RIP stacks

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

if you're a 45 minute gragas why would you not sell runic for cinder

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

holy poo poo replace Move

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

:negative:

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Nice!

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Apparently in that game it's not a Duke smurf SKT are playing with, just some random D5 ADC.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

So TSM vs RNG is their hardest match up right? Should be a big game, looking forward to it.

Vs Samsung probably. RNG looked like absolute trash in the LPL finals, EDG caved their heads in. They could get in gear but I'll believe it when I see it.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Was it Thorin that compared Regi to an ape and made racist commentary about polish people and got banned from IEM

My statement that Polish people need to fill the existential hole within themselves with esports is likewise a joke and a serious statement, to some degree. Firstly, I deliver it with a smile on my face and it is meant as an obvious joke to gently caress with Chanman, who is hyping the event to be something epic. Secondly, if we want to address the statement literally, I would say that everyone in the world has an existential hole in their life. Some fill it with mere simple distractions (leisure activities, hobbies, work) and some more drastic solutions (sex, drugs, religion, politics).

Most of the unhappiness in the world stems from people's inability to acknowledge this part of themselves and find a satisfactory and non-destructive way to deal with it. In my case, esports and philosophy have been methods of dealing with this problem of being a human being, alive in the 21st century and outside of the natural environment human beings apparently originated from.

Such context was not given to that statement at the time, because I assumed it would be readily seen as a joke. However, in line with the impossible-to-overcome-hatred-perspective-process I outlined earlier on, I can see that often those who wish to be offended would simply decide that this was a literal statement to be taken as some kind of immortal pronouncement on the Polish people, specifically and solely, by a foreigner. It's impossible, for such people, that there could be any kind of humour involved or more general philosophical context.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Is twitch really a bad enough lamer that nobody is going to pick him?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

These fights are so hosed up.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Apparently, being an emergency, they can bring in an extra sub so they're playing koro. http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/edg-worlds-roster-update

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Koro hasn't played a professional game in what, a year since last worlds? I agree that it's better to see how he is than let mouse get smashed by smeb but I'm not counting on anything special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

Clown 9

• Locked thread