Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

At the very leasted this seems to be unprecedented levels of over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I have no idea how, but the 0/0/0 makes Move look worse than anyone else on his team, including Irelia

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

They had no problem delaying the EU quarter finals, so they might as well fix the bug and play with the champ enabled in a few days :(

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder how many hours clg burned on practicing AS based teams and they don't even get a free ban out of it

Seriously, thats so loving dumb, I don't even know where to start

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean whatcha gonna do, it was a pretty major bug that would obviously affect gameplay, sucks that riot's mistake would handicap a random team but I dunno how you'd handle this kind of thing fairly either.

Yeah, its not like Riot delayed a major tournament match a few days to fix some crippling hardware issues.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Another thing working against clg here is that all of their players are worse than TSMs players and they arent as good strategically and their pick ban is worse. So when you combine that with the remake, it's looking tough for them.

Pretty big words after your team cheated its way to victory. Guess getting bodied twice in the finals weighted pretty heavily on Regis mind

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This is almost as good as that one time they disabled Gragas mid-series so only one viable jungler was left.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually, its better since now only one viable mid-laner is left

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

Taliyah, Liss, Vlad, Anivia, LeBlanc, Syndra, Viktor, Zilean, Varus, Malz...

E: Cass...

Bjergsen?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

Bjergsen isn't a champion and even if he was and CLG banned him Huhi would probably get styled on by Reginald

:same:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

How many teams choke harder in playoffs than immortal?

Let me tell you a story about a team called "Liquid"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I have a slightly bitter feeling in my mouth, but here it goes: Go TSM!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

gently caress clg

You can try all you want, you can cheat all you want, but in the end only the best go to worlds :smug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

I feel like all of these losses are on Meteos, he refuses to learn meta junglers and makes these selfish bad picks in pick ban. The fact is that he's a tilter, and C9 has always played better with Rush, a clutch player who knows how to keep cool under pressure.

So you take out Jensen? Because lol if you think they'd done better without Impact

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is there even any midlane talent in NA? We got Bjergsen/Jensen/Froggen who are all european and then Pobelter who for all his talent really isn't known to show up in big series' and then that gaping void.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The great war to outdumb each other has begun

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't think Giants can be beaten at this

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Are there real games today or is it euro gauntlet all day

Liquid vs nV. Decide for yourself if thats a real match

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Aren't sonstar and move both imports?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Libertine posted:

International Wildcard Qualifier for Seed 1 is happening now there's some big pompous concert being played before hand and the audio is crackling, no idea.

At the very least maybe third time is the charm on an interesting series today?

A billion times more interesting than whatever came earlier

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After watching the wildcard finals yesterday I think what bugs me most about the LPL is that you can't hear the crowd and chinese casters in the background

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm cheering for not another 3-0 stomp

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yay Renekton!

Kennen is going to destroy him, right? :ohdear:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm not sure whats so impressive about a flash reksai knockup?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Stop letting Taliyah go through to 4th pick you numbskulls

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

exethan posted:

i think UOL let taliyah through because exile's best champs are kassadin ryze and vlad in that order

supposedly he's not good at anything else

Maybe ban it if you can't play the easiest midlaner ever

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can someone point me to some perfectly played Taliyah comp somewhere? Bonus points if its not some mindless stomp

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It is my professional opinion that EU wholly deserves not having a first seed

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I love when guys show up during NA games and are like... relegate BOTH these teams!!!!!! when a conclusive fight is happening at 40 minutes.... meanwhile we're deciding the 3rd best team in EU via full global comps attempting a series of honor duels at 93 minutes.

Actually I think I did this during every series, ever. And I think, so far, I've been right every time

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

Okay I've been out of watching pro scene forever, but UoL kind of super owned p/b here didn't they

Really? I feel like Splyce has the vastly superior comp

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Watch me take that journey when we have no vision of jungle/mid, top has a global and my mid/jungle are in base :downs:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Well, trying a Juggerlucian gets what trying a Juggerlucian in 6.15 with Veritas as ADC deserves. Which is ridicule and laughter

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

As bad as EU is, at least the three best EU teams are going to worlds.

I'm pretty sure CLG is like the fifth best NA team right now.

CLG went 2-3 against IMT with one of their best picks disabled. Don't see why they are any worse than them

Also who's the 4th best supposed to be? nV?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

rabidsquids keys to the game, winning with a taliyah comp edition

1. you've got to have some winning side lanes, not only are you going to be denying vision easier for your jungler by having mid shoved out and the ability to roam, but the threat of being able to two man gank top or bot any time that taliyah is out of mid changes the entire tempo of the game and changes where the enemy team can safely be or even safely ward and roam

2. you gotta have some kind of CC that you can chain. jhin ult is fantastic, trundle pillar is incredibly strong, the kennen-taliyah-skarner trio was actually really clever. you gotta get them picks because these taliyah comps mostly dont scale, this is where EU and NA seem to be failing they see her as some sort of ziggs style wave clear in scaling comps and no. just dont do that. why would you even. your mid laner doesn't even need to be good at hitting the W if the person they're aiming it at got Ashe arrowed

3. you aren't a split push comp, taliyah ult isnt really a global in the same way that she can match a truly global champ and or a champ that typically runs teleport. you've got to have jungle control and deny resources, make the enemy team make poor decisions and push your advantages. if you are a team that can't get poo poo off of kills or trading objectives you can't do the thing, sorry. learn to be more decisive i guess.

Watched your links, thanks!

Sounds like Taliyah does similar things as CLG tries to do with Aurelion Sol? Maybe thats why Taliyah gets banned away from Huhi, even though he's pretty bad with her, if it fits CLGs overall gameplan pretty well?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Here are some real predictions you unimaginative fucks :colbert:

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/3/user/1933082/my-picks

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Its the most even field since season 2 I think. People with more CN knowledge than me proclaim the LPL the best thing ever, TSM is very clearly the best western team ever, Korea is Korea.

On the other hand, the exact same things were said last year and look how that turned out :shrug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lovechop posted:

can anyone help me add to this list, its for a project (do not ask what the project is!!!)

• brokenshard
• LEP
• woolite
• nintendudex
• wickd?

this will be important in the future

Wickd was a relevant player once though. Even if said relevance came from getting carried by Froggen, he has actually won things

exethan posted:

EKKO

VILEROZE

ZUNA

MANCLOUD (after season 3)

BILLY BOSS

CRUZERTHEBRUZER

These are good

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

exethan posted:

Evaniskus was pretty poo poo

Its not called the Evaniskus award for nothing after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i dont know if people are still salty as gently caress about china or they only looked at the lpl final results but apparently people think uzi had a bad season and just, lmao. mata under performed but people still think dade is good so.

edit: "china ruined _____" is the weirdest straw man in league and i find it utterly bizarre. i started watching it bc heart and imp were both my favorite players and they moved over there, and i ended up enjoying it which is great, but people are so invested in a weird narrative about how the league "ruined" players who "got lazy because they got paid" (man thats a fuckin hoary old classic real sports chestnut right there) when its just meta changes primarily. i bet you flame would actually be pretty good this season but he's in LZIM prison

At first I wasn't sure, but yes, it fits perfectly

• Locked thread