Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Pros need to stop playing Fizz.

e; looking at the stats it looks like that's only in the LCK because he has more than a 0% winrate in other regions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll see if I can put something together for the LCK teams since that's all I watch if no one beats me to the punch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

korea's trying to run him toplane like eu and china do but i don't think top fizz really fits into the korean meta that well

if you look the one win he has in korea is mid

:agreed: The top lane fizz used to be an answer for maokai but since maokai got changed this season and now has MR scaling, it's really not a solid answer anymore and offers pretty much nothing against Ekko so I don't see why they try it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are any of the regions building the new hextech items?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smol posted:

Only one of the ROX vs SKT games from today is worth watching, the comps are effectively identical in both games and the games also play out almost identically.

That's lovely. I've been loving some of the pocket picks that've shown up in the LCK lately. Hopefully the trashing of Azir and the nid/kin continuing nerfs bring some change. Give me more amumu and taric pls.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I played Karma support in solo queue. I still hate it and don't get it's prioritization in competitive.

Mantra E is really great at creating picks, and she can kinda go off on her own little warding missions with some decent damage and a shield/dash to escape if she gets seen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Copenhagen Wolves are finally ceasing operations. RIP the Xenics Storm of Europe I guess.

I feel like I'm losing interest at an alarming rate this season, it really looks like another SKT win right now :(

I want SKT to win literally everything this season, then bang, bengi, and faker all decide they have literally no reason to play this game anymore and retire

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean really it's because Lulu got dumpstered so pros need another good utility carry on their team and Karma is it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Vlad is really not doing so hot in Korea so far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wolf higher than Bang. Interesting

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

amazing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

He cost his team badly at least 3 times in both games by going way loving ham with no information on enemy locations and getting pasted.

The only uncharacteristic part of this statement is faker losing

edit: Christ Kkoma looks terrifying. https://clips.twitch.tv/lck1/LongNewtHumbleLife

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 17, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

They deserve to be chewed out IMO, they were so insanely undisciplined in this series it was like watching some god-tier mechanical players slum it with a bunch of rookie mistakes.

I've gotta wonder if SKT's stars are starting to burn out. They're all amazing players sure, but at what point can you play back to back to back to back every world stage every split non-stop before you just need to take a split off?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jin Air does this weird thing where they own the gently caress out of top teams and get murdered by bottom teams

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It really feels like SKT is just exhausted. Even the player cams it's just like "holy poo poo they look dead." They aren't playing well at all, they don't want to try out the new meta, and they are just a mess.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
loving :lol: decide to watch the LCK at work and h o l y s h i t.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If any team would purposefully pick Teemo, it's KT.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I love the Freecs. Freecs and Ever a few days ago was my dream matchup. Those are my teams right now.

MVP tho.

e; while we're talking about LCK teams though sure is gonna be sad to see CJ leave the pro scene when they lose the promotion tournament

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 15, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Does Korean CS have any crazy upstart teams like ever and MVP were last split? I think CJ can preserve their spot unless there's some poo poo I'm not considering. I don't even think CJ is a bad team they would probably be playoff caliber in either LCS region they just have a really weird mix of guys who are rookies and old veterans and they don't seem to have a lot of synergy.

iirc sbenu is still undefeated? Ever8 is up there too. Sbenu moved SaSin to coach instead of playing mid, so they look a bit better than they did in LCK spring, and could probs take CJ out. CJ just looks like complete garbage this split.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I don't even give a gently caress that KT lost that was the godliest Teemo game I've ever seen and am ever likely to see. KT's other carries running double marksman and loving getting picked constantly was the reason they lost.

Yeah their comp had no hard engage from anyone. It really wasn't Ssumday's fault there. They had 0% chance to win from champ select, but he did well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Why does everyone involved in esports in any capacity have a nickname?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

have you ever used the internet before, person whose real name is Kashuno

I mean yeah but I would never in real life want to be referred to as Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason the LCK isn't playing today?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

kirtar posted:

What you mean? LCK has matches on the schedule Monday-Saturday.

yeah I spoke too soon? I usually come into work and the vods have already started being uploaded but I didn't see them at all and was confused as I know they play 6 days a week

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Watching Fly on Asol reminded me why no one in Korea ever bans him unless KT is playing. God drat.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Glad to see Tahm has reentered the meta

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love the LCK. all the top teams can put forth impressive games and with the prevalence of globals these days there are so many great fights

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The meta is surprisingly wide with a lot of flex picks right now. In top lane alone lately we have seen trundle, tahm kench, Shen, gangplank, gnar, malzahar, vladimir, yasuo, hecarim just as an example. The kind of post you want would be huge for all roles except like...jungle where its nidalee gragas and reksai constantly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Or top lane tank Ekko still being a thing in the LCK despite it never winning

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

One big problem with pro drafts is that teams have little time to practice the near-infinite set of comps you could theoretically construct and, as as such, they default to playing around 3 or 4 picks that they see as the most OP and which they have had time to practice.

I don't know how you fix that problem.

more bans

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

You fix it by not drastically rebalancing the game every 1-2 weeks, which forces pros to essentially spend all their time treading water.

Also this, I feel like this would be ridiculously good at helping develop a better meta. There are so many times Riot goes off and buffs a champ because it's not seeing competitive play despite being a good counter to a strong pick, but pros will start playing it before the new patch goes live on competitive because it just takes some time to get the games in to feel confident playing the champion. Maokai is a great recent example of this. They had started to play him a bit more in LCK before Riot was just like "OH YEAH BTW MAOKAI WILL BE PLAYED DAMNIT"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

The proper way to make league exciting again is simply to force everyone to teamfight in midlane from level 2 onwards.

None of this fancy "strategy" stuff.

5man bot lane level 1 cheese is coming back. Wait for the level 1 blitz, kalista, shen (taking taunt), viktor, reksai combo that comes out, kills your bot lane at level 1 for first blood, then takes bot lane turret immediately for first turret blood.

It'll happen.

Riot posted:

In case you were wondering, that does in fact include Corki buffs

Kashuno posted:

There are so many times Riot goes off and buffs a champ because it's not seeing competitive play despite being a good counter to a strong pick, but pros will start playing it before the new patch goes live on competitive because it just takes some time to get the games in to feel confident playing the champion.

Corki was just played in the LCK last week

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 25, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In the LCK I would watch Afreeca, KT, and MVP for fun. As for "good," there is really no team that is explicitly the best; SKT, ROX, Samsung, and KT are all over the board. If I had to choose, I would avoid Longzhu and CJ Entus because they are almost definitely going to relegations, but then again they can also take games off of the likes of SKT(or even entire sets) so it's all over the place. I think the greatest part of LCK is that everyone plays at such high skill levels that it's difficult to choose someone who is the team you absolutely have to watch

Although I REALLY wish they would stop playing Ekko.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I can't believe you wrote a post about the LCK and mentioned every team except the best one: ESC Ever.

CJ Entus is easily the most forgettable team in LCK this year and they could still probably contend in either LCS.

I have no opinions on Jin Air or ESC. They exist, that's about it :shrug:

Also yeah CJ Entus would still perform fine anywhere that isn't Korea. Even being 2-13 this season, they still manage to take games off of SKT and scare top teams. It's insane just how strong and competitive all the Korean teams are, even the bad ones.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

anti-magic posted:

Afreeca somehow went 4-0 with SKT. Using Kog'Maw in the most recent games no less.

Afreeca is the eternal guardian of the playoffs. They won't play themselves, but they will make drat sure if you are close to play off status that you won't make it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

Didn't they make the playoffs last split? Also they are in the last playoff spot right now with like a 2-series lead over sixth place so they are going to have to royally gently caress up in the last week and a half to not make it.

I think they make the wildcard match? As far as most people are concerned that's the play offs, but the LCK doesn't consider it such for some bizarre reason. They took 5th last split losing to Jin Air, and will probs take 5th this split losing to KT Rolster or MAYBE Samsung I'd have to check the stats.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

In LCK 1-5 make playoffs and in LCS it's 1-6

I thought they considered it 1-3 + wildcard of 4 or 5 depending who wins their "wildcard" match, but effectively yeah it's 1-5 for the gauntlet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sweetr has been very bad on bard and Jin Air should probs not play him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Larry posted:

You guys should watch Afreeca vs JAG game 3 to see the silliest failure to close a game out all year.

that nidalee trap was heart breaking

• Locked thread