Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
That Ekko chase was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

henkman posted:

small sivir ult? That's my only guess

Yeah I think that's likely why.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Smol posted:

This game will never end

Sven is going to hit 1000 cs

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
good to know some things never change.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
That sure is a NA dive

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Jerkface posted:

biofrost

:pusheen:

Hes definitely going to win rookie of the split and its amazingly deserved. His mechanics/timings of his abilities have been world class. If TSM can develop any kind of game sense in him hes gonna be a monster.

Yeah that last second block of the final auto was fantastic. Dude is amazing.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
This game is great. Failed tower dives left and right, Turtle dying solo to a turret. This is the game NA deserves.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

Inori is loving awesome and P1 are really cool friends

I love how Inori has contributed to 17 out of 18 kills so far.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

tbf GBM seems to think it's a good match up against Malz because he's played it both times.

Xerath actually has a good winrate vs malz. He has higher range and most of his stuff is aoe so he can farm/harass without malz having a chance to hit him back. He also scales really well late.

Mind you any champ has to be played well, but on paper Xerath should beat or at least go even with a malz.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

kirtar posted:

Mordekaiser es numero uno huehuehuehue (Inori rocks)

gently caress yeah. This is going to be amazing.

edit: rip facecheck

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Smol posted:

What the gently caress, Morde jungle????

Correction, 2/0/2 morde jg. :getin:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

P1 playing rock-paper-scissors during a pause is the most endearing thing.

With the casters commentating on it. :3:

I love everything about P1. Best team NA

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
RIP IMT, MORDEKAISER IS BLOOD, MORDEKAISER IS LIFE

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

IMT rightfully fears the great unbridled power of jungle Mordekaiser.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

we'll always have game 1 p1. :(

same.

game 2 and 3 were just... ouch.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Anyone in competitive play can look good on Jhin when the competition is stixxay, who ults whenever he remembers where R is regardless of where enemies are or what their life bars are at.

Seriously, what happened to him? He did great at MSI against some of the best teams. Now he's uh... yeah. Dude is super inconsistent.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
3 cloud drakes + elder + karma + sivir ult is pretty fun to see

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

In solo Q people aren't always organised enough to bully Illaoi before she passes the point of no return. In comp they always are.

I don't really think she has a point of no return, shes not a hypercarry and is pretty terrible in team fights on average. Her winrate just plummets after 25 min or so.

Outside of her ult she just doesn't seem to ever have enough impact in the mid to late game. Though she sucks to lane against thats for sure.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I've played as and against a lot of Illaois that got like three items before the enemy team started collapsing enough and just killed people 1v3 constantly and cleaned up teamfights. :shrug:

Fair enough. I've seen plenty of Illaois though that do super well early, crush their lane and even win some early team fights and then just sputter out and just seem to be underwhelming after a while. Prob the diff between a 20-30 min game and a 31-40 min game kind of thing.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
It's like that movie or comic where there's these two guys. They like fight in their head, and then they fight for real and it's not like that at all. You have no idea what I'm talking about do you? Like a martial arts movie.

Oh phreak :3:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
rip NRG's hopes and dreams

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

henkman posted:

Shields are going to be the next thing riot looks at with how prevalent they are

Yeah it's kinda ridiculous that on G2's side, every champ has a shield except for Cait. Though I suppose Ryze and Naut's are self only but still.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Desfore posted:

Did G2 just decide to not try today?

Well one of the teams has to win, try as they might both of them cant simultaneously lose this match.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
I guess barely losing to TSM was the last straw for them. I don't blame em.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Why again is Doublelift resting or whatever? I mean it's not like TSM could possibly win worlds but if they got lucky they could have done at least okay at MSI. I mean if CLG could have a good showing here, it's not impossible for TSM either. I don't get why they use wildturtle at all here.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
So TSM Levi when?

Just kidding, Levi deserves to belong to a real team.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
The hell, why wouldn't he just go for the execute?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Shadow225 posted:

Could you elaborate as someone who didn't watch the game and cannot decipher that screenshot?

It's wild turtle, you can make an informed guess on what that screen shot is about.

starts with f, ends with lash

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
They really should not let Bjerg play Ryze. This isn't the first game this tournament Hauntzer jumps into one of his realm warps to die alone in the middle of the enemy team. If this wasn't their last game in MSI, i doubt it would be the last either.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

can we get TSM Levi and TSM Forg1ven please?

I hate TSM so I don't really care but surely that would be more entertaining and good

Levi is good but I don't think TSM can match the dude's intensity. They are too passive and I think it's going to end up with Levi dying alone half the time.

I feel like Marines might become a great team with maybe a few swaps and some changes here and there but I don't know how you could fix TSM. Like doublelift is gonna help sure but they are still gonna be pummeled at worlds unless they somehow magically become more decisive and learn how to cleanly and efficiently close out a game.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

first rakan game mother fuckers!!! with xayah, jag!!!

That 4 person charm was pretty amazing. Rakan is so much fun to watch.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
LCK Day 3: ROX vs. JAG

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
So, lovebirds ban in the tie breaker?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Holy crap, Flyquest just clinging to life with a 500 health nexus and then acing echo fox twice.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Allaniis posted:

Wildturtle flash.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

henkman posted:

Watched the end of echo fox/flyquest today

lol

My favorite part at the end, it looked like flyquest was just about to pull through and actually win. Then WildTurtle pressed flash.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Wol posted:

Haven't had time to watch this weekend's NA matches. Are the TL ones the best schadenfreude ones?

2nd game of echofox vs flyquest is worth watching for the last 15 minutes or so if you enjoy peak clown fiesta.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

misguided rage posted:

I dunno it would be kinda weird if a hockey game or whatever could end before the third period because one team didn't think they could come back.

Yeah seriously. Solo queue is one thing but with pro games and relegation potentially on the line I don't see why someone would want a team to give up just because they are behind.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

henkman posted:

I don't really understand why blitzcrank is considered meta now

The time of man has come to an end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Vermain posted:

don't! give!! huhi!! ASol!!!!

Yup.

I don't understand why people keep doing this. Huhi is questionable on many champs but is amazing and will consistently control the flow of entire games with this one champ. It be one thing if they'd just be giving up mid in exchange for an advantage in other lanes but ASOL's roam is too strong for that to work so why do people keep trying it?

• Locked thread