Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

To be fair, it's not like they had much of a choice.

you always have a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
RIOT casters have been particularly anti riot lately with how open theyve been on cloud drake hate, and now Kobe saying he doesnt even read the lore lol The only lore he has read is about the scuttle crab

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

RealFoxy posted:

Incidentally I can see Darshan Huhi winning losing a lot of games with Vlad this season.

Fixed this to better reflect reality

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
TSM only needs 2 games per opponent :coal:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
t s m

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Playoffs should be really good this year with all the teams getting Best Of experience. I like TSM & IMT for 2 of the spots right now. CLG might not go to worlds after performing so good at MSI :regd09:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Its not "TSM IS BENEFITING" it is that they set a different precedent last time they made rules and are going a different path this time.

The residency thing is dumb. If you don't want players to get residency, then just put a straight cap on teams. Doubling it because some players are about to get it is extremely bad faith.

I think there is a clear difference between "Imports are a new thing, I guess we can grandfather in ~20 players total across every region" vs now where they'd have to grandfather half of korea & europe.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Max Coveri posted:

That game sucked

edit for actual content: How in the world did Origen go from "Worlds semifinalists" to "Europe's biggest circus troupe"

They had the best bottom lane duo in EU and that duo went to their rival. Their replacement ADC was highly skilled...at being toxic and quit to play Blizzard's Anime Waifu Simulator because it has in game VOIP so he can yell at clouds.

The replacement to the replacement ADC is xPeke, who has spent the past year sometimes subbing in at mid and mostly operating a european sex tourism attraction for pro gamers

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Meat Recital posted:

Is damage per minute a stat people actually care about.

I dunno how its calculated (if its total damage or only damage to champions) but either way its a good barometer of both getting fed (doing more damage with more items) or activity in the game (damaging enemy champions constantly).

Its an alright stat!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I dont understand what new shen does other than still having taunt & global ult shield tele.

Like i dunno, maybe having a ghost sword floating nearby is good... but for my money, I'll take the telekinesis blades anyday.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
AHHH KILL ASHE KILL ASHE DOUBLELIFT YOU DIE DIE PETER KILL VIKTOR AHHHHHH

I see bjerg is developing into a nice shoutcaller :smugdog:

Edit: This TSM squad is probably the most aggressive TSM team in their history, and only slightly less aggressive than old teams like LMQ or TIP. They seem to have the highest mix of mechanics, aggression, and macro play of any NA team. Like IMT is good at mechanics & macro play but they are slightly less aggressive since Pobelter is a pretty reactive mid. I think the top teams like G2, TSM, and IMT, and that one squad Seraph all play pretty aggressively overall.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 18, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Crazy Larry posted:

So did they just have a gentleman's agreement to trade stomps in the first two games and then play one game for real?

this is why best of 3s own. Now we get a decider!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Kobe is the best in sloppy action packed games.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Man I love bard, what a funny escape

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

milkman dad posted:

As much as I like meteos is there a reason he takes all the champion kills? Also is that glacial shroud really more valuable than boots upgrade for impact?

thats his gimmick

Edit: I unmuted my mic just as phreak said: "with svenskaren forced to...die..and forced... to respawn..." likea dope

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 18, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Sneaky's Jhin was nice, I wonder why TSM didn't select something divier for him in the 3rd match.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

the kt lucker dogs cannot defeat retired top laner, Shy

how did one weird 10 minute long running team fight turn CJ from definitely losin this game to being in a commanding lead wtf

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

how did one weird 10 minute long running team fight turn CJ from definitely losin this game to being in a commanding lead wtf

and then CJ uh threw the game? at baron? ok

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

exethan posted:

yaoi is pretty good if you have other forms of CC and she'll continue to be scary as a pocket pick if teams don't respect it imo

the biggest advantage yaoi has is causing confusing boners for the young men on stage, just realizing what is blossoming in their heart of hearts

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't Pobelter would be doing well on this CLG team.

I think at least clg would have gained some benefit from their midlaner having mechanical proficiency on more than 0 champions.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Moatman posted:

I don't know why but I always want Liquid to lose. I even like most of their players. It's real weird.

they're like the cubs, you want them to lose because its funnier

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hypocrisy posted:

Hell of a steal from Meteos.

how do you let that happen

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

I have to say I'm impressed with C9 under Repeared, if they get an extra game to lose every week they're really going to have a chance to challenge TSM

Its bullshit that all the teams under TSM get to play so many more games to work on their game and improve. Riot needs to do something about this.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Its cool that CLG did well the past 2 splits with the power of synergy and team work, but I think its really funny that Regi was like 'Ok lets do that but also with good players'.

Hey George, maybe ya shoulda thought about getting the good players!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
biofrost

:pusheen:

Hes definitely going to win rookie of the split and its amazingly deserved. His mechanics/timings of his abilities have been world class. If TSM can develop any kind of game sense in him hes gonna be a monster.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Sneaky's Jhin is really good I like how he uses it.

edit:

t s m

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 9, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Killed By Death posted:

loving top lane Tahm Kench?????

he was making GBS threads on huni until he started getting chain ganked. Was pretty funny, I don't think huni understood what tahm kench did

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
These games have been pants on head retarded

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Killed By Death posted:

CLG wanted to split playing him and Huhi, like Faker/Easyhoon. Pobelter (understandably) said no, so they parted ways.

Yea but the way CLG wanted it is that Huhi was going to be Faker :laugh: Pobelter didnt wanna sit on the bench

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

Immortals v TSM in the finals is going to be pretty cool

Watching those 2 run wild through whatever wack eu teams bother to show their faces at worlds is gonna be tight

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

they'd have to drop one of ninja or procxin to do that

Oh nooo

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Killed By Death posted:

So I just noticed in the post-game analyst desk section that TL's first round of drafting was Braum and Karma. What's the loving point of that, giving up the flex pick threat of the Karma immediately? Yuck.

just spit balling but braum is a good counter to karma so if they were deadset on the comp they decided to take karma and the counter support to reduce options. Having flex picks is a good strategy in pick/ban but its not the only way to do pick/ban. If EF prioritizes Karma & braum and you want both you need to pick both. They lost the game but I didnt watch so I dont know if it was purely pick ban or what.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I turn on EU LCS, and see Steve hiding in tribrush at lvl 1 while 4 OG come to deep invade, and instead of... leaving, he pops out of the brush TOWARDS OG and then gets dog piled and first blooded

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Anyone watching this? Did they just pipe in the comms for a second there?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
For like 3 seconds I think IMT coms were broadcast and they either said 'We're playing CLG, we're gonna fuckin kill em all' or 'We're playing CLG, we're gonna fuckin catch em all' when they threw it back to Phreak

edit: also im pretty sure huni is gonna quit league to play overwatch, he is playing like an idiot

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://clips.twitch.tv/nalcs1/HelpfulSquidKippa

Someone clipped the mic leak!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Apparently all doublelift needed to mature into the top tier player he claimed to be was to have the best player in the west as his mid. A player so good dlift is forced to look up to him.

Its pretty crazy to see dlift being a shotcaller while schooling every opposing adc and flame horizoning them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

IXIX posted:

What's gonna happen, Bjerg falls on stage and breaks his hip? Esports injuries are more chronic.

I wouldnt risk sven pulling a hammy in this summer heat or bjerg going down with Tommy john. Id definitely cut back their innings.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Dragongem posted:

No, you have to keep playing them so they don't get rusty!!!!

Were any of the games good this weekend? I was busy with work and evo.

The Apex Clown 9 series was ... something. At least check out game 2, its reaaaaaaaaaaally long so maybe only watch game 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/B2y4p4vE-pre-worlds-early-game-update

Riot is changing how towers and poo poo work to try and stop laneswapping from being the default. The changes look really stupid though??!?!?!?

Cannons now spawn one at a time, and rotate which lane they spawn in. Doesnt that gently caress with the gold each player can get??

• Locked thread