Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Sir_Charles posted:

If you like Tim and Eric but aren't watching The Eric Andre show do yourself a favor and watch it. It's the best thing on TV imo

Manages to catch me off guard pretty regularly somehow

Like, I know he's going to smash the the desk so why do I walls jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Sir_Charles posted:

If you like Tim and Eric but aren't watching The Eric Andre show do yourself a favor and watch it. It's the best thing on TV imo

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

toiletbrush posted:

I fuckin love it when he does the Decker face 6:40 into this

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

toiletbrush posted:

I fuckin love it when he does the Decker face 6:40 into this

I'm pretty sure he was just warming up his Travis Bickle impersonation. It was spot on.

firebeats
May 8, 2016

Sir_Charles posted:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
how does eric andre keep getting famous people who have no idea what his deal is on his show. Presumably they have agents booking gigs for them, who would be able to give them a heads up

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
By the way, in case anyone missed Vic Berger's GOP/Democratic convention specials feat. Tim Heidecker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6HrFJmzis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HK49l6wC_I

naem
May 29, 2011

proof of concept posted:

how does eric andre keep getting famous people who have no idea what his deal is on his show. Presumably they have agents booking gigs for them, who would be able to give them a heads up

I think they're half in on it, half he surprises them with the specific way the desk explodes that episode

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Should I see a movie this weekend? Aaaah!!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

proof of concept posted:

they are paid actors and they are acting on a television show

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

By the way, in case anyone missed Vic Berger's GOP/Democratic convention specials feat. Tim Heidecker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6HrFJmzis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HK49l6wC_I

Vic is a mess.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

proof of concept posted:

the interviews last for 90 minutes, that would probably wear on anyone who knew what they're were up for

Dylazodelan
Nov 9, 2009

proof of concept posted:

I think it simply boils down to both the agent and client not giving a poo poo about research and simply assuming that 'The Eric Andre Show' is going to be one more in a long line of quick and easy talk-show appearances that earns them money and exposure.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think that every answer I've gotten to my dumb question has probably been valid at some point depending on the guest and in conclusion I should have done some research on the question myself before running my mouth

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

proof of concept posted:

He gets a third party to negotiate the interview so they think its some other show until the absolute last second and then they do a 2 hour interview and edit it into the most hosed up parts

Some people like chance the rapper obviously know the show so they roll with it but you can see others are legitimately uncomfortable as hell

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I dunno I dont seem to get Eric Andre yet, I try to watch it and some of its funny but other times I cringe

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
the eric andre show reminds me alot of tom green's show on mtv in the 90s. Hannibal is his phil giroux

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Nathan for You is the best Abso-LUTELY show

Also, it looks like /pol/ is getting to Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTjNkD7ifU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXC-oY5zo0

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

Nathan for You is the best Abso-LUTELY show

Also, it looks like /pol/ is getting to Tim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTjNkD7ifU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lXC-oY5zo0

Wow Tim Heidecker is now officially good.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Hannibal > Eric Andre > Gregg > Super Deluxe people (Vic Burger, Brad Neely, Devin Flynn, etc.) > John C. > Actual professional actor guest stars > Eric Wareheim not in ASGJ poo poo > Tim > ASGJ's rotating cast of retards and mental subnormals > Eric Wareheim in ASGJ poo poo

This comparative list is true and correct, and for your edification only. Don't quote me with your wrong-rear end comments.

im cute fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 6, 2016

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

paco650 posted:

Hannibal > Eric Andre > Gregg > Super Deluxe people (Vic Burger, Brad Neely, Devin Flynn, etc.) > John C. > Actual professional actor guest stars > Eric Wareheim not in ASGJ poo poo > Tim > ASGJ's rotating cast of retards and mental subnormals > Eric Wareheim in ASGJ poo poo

This comparative list is true and correct, and for your edification only. Don't quote me with your wrong-rear end comments.

Dumbass.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8 track betamax posted:

they are paid actors and they are acting on a television show

nah dude some of them legit get butthurt afterwards it's great

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

paco650 posted:

You are a loving idiot lol

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

James Dean>Gregg Turkington>Axiom>Tom Cruise Heidecker>Joe Estevez>Tim Heidecker>Ayaka>Dr. San

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

paco650 posted:

Ya blew it

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nanomashoes posted:

James Dean>Gregg Turkington>Axiom>Tom Cruise Heidecker>Joe Estevez>Tim Heidecker>Ayaka>Dr. San

Same, but put Axiom between Ayaka and Dr. San

Also you forgot about Mark.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That Dr. San is a real rake

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

paco650 posted:

This is so loving true. gently caress any pleb who disgarees. Hannibal is so cool/funny that people think he's stoned all the time; not only that, he blew the lid on the Bim Cosby rape scandel, a major win for punching up comedy. Glad to see someone gets it

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

This *C-u-c-k* song is pretty good

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

polysynth posted:

This is so loving true. gently caress any pleb who disgarees. Hannibal is so cool/funny that people think he's stoned all the time; not only that, he blew the lid on the Bim Cosby rape scandel, a major win for punching up comedy. Glad to see someone gets it

Best episode of Eric Andre was the one where Hannibal took over the hosting duties because he is actually funny and not just an rear end in a top hat like Eric.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

JB50 posted:

Best episode of Eric Andre was the one where Hannibal took over the hosting duties because he is actually funny and not just an rear end in a top hat like Eric.

I don't think you get it

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Sir_Charles posted:

I don't think you get it

Bird up!

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

JB50 posted:

Bird up!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

JB50 posted:

HahahA....the chronic

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9B7BQWnZJs

Morpheus Dorpheus.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Add "David Cross and the comedians of comedy just doing their usual bits but on a tv show" somewhere in the middle, there.

naem
May 29, 2011

How about these prices jack

https://youtu.be/UCTGOPZ1Yqc

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've never seen Eric Andre but this is quite the spicy meatball.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

paco650 posted:

Rating loving David Liebe Hart that low just shows you are a retard and mental subnormal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

KiteAuraan posted:

Rating loving David Liebe Hart that low just shows you are a retard and mental subnormal.

Some of those dudes are in on the joke, like Sunshine Lee and Palmer "Sit On You" Scott, but DLH is a literal near-homeless crazy person and laughing at him makes me sad.

• Locked thread