Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Derek Smart cannot venture out of the Smart Zone, for his powers will disappear.

Maybe we can talk him into doing a "Smartse", that is take a picture of his rear end in a top hat, as is his gaming tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

space games are almost all horribly unfun which was the reason everyone stopped making and playing them in the 90s

i hope the current glut of the damned things kills any appetite for the BDSSE! when it eventually starts coming out in 2020 after only 6 months of full development

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

facebook jihad posted:

So...uh...

How's doobie doing these days?

He quit his job to celebrate Alabama football championships full time

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Strategic Tea posted:

*posts several dozen gifs of bugs in the dedicated star citizen subforum every day*

oh my god you guys have you seen this failure game look at all the bugs I'm so glad I'm not obsessed with it anymore

There are people with over 100 pages of posts in that thread

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I hear that this game is some kinda internet scam but not the good kind with fake tits

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Did they fire that weird PR type dude that was obsessed with the news anchor?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Consummate Professional posted:

No, he's the fall guy when the SEC and FTC finally make a move

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Consummate Professional posted:

He's still at large.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
This game is never fuckin coming out

All of you who paid hundreds/thousands of dollars for it are the people I was scamming in Runescape 20 years ago, I know it.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Bob James posted:

He's still at large.

:eyepop:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

space games are almost all horribly unfun which was the reason everyone stopped making and playing them in the 90s

i hope the current glut of the damned things kills any appetite for the BDSSE! when it eventually starts coming out in 2020 after only 6 months of full development

ftl is good

you're right though, space sucks. oh boy look at me pull up forever as this enemy ship and I try to circle around behind one another in an empty featureless void

seems like all these space games try to be a boring bullshit trading simulator because the combat is always garbage and they need something else to occupy your time

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Bwaha. I'm laughing about video games

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'm kind of looking forward to when they announce that the game is officially dead and a couple hundred nerds just kill themselves at the same time in what the news will call a cult-like act of self sacrifice.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Space games are pretty fun, it's just that recent ones have blown dicks.

If you didn't have fun playing the capital ship fight maps in Star Wars Battlefront 2 then idk what's up with you.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

never played it but i liked x-wing

i think it's the stupid sandbox games that don't work, any space game which is all about dogfighting or killing things or whatever has even odds of being good

if they were made a decade ago that is

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

to their credit, RSI has actually created a lot of really high-quality assets. not all of it is in the alpha, though. there's,

* the racer game thing
* the space stations in the alpha
* the landing zone on the planet (not yet playable)
* all those ships

if they could take all these environments and tie them together in a persistent universe, that alone would equal a substantial amount to explore. whether it's worth $100 million or X years work, i kind of doubt it.

i don't doubt they'll be able to make a really good game. but at the current pace it will probably take them 5-10 years to build all the stuff they promised. maybe that's not so bad, though.

just my 2 cents!!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Lol just lol every time

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bob James posted:

He's still at large.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcod8IS214

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

facebook jihad posted:

So...uh...

How's doobie doing these days?

Ironic or unironic, you're probably the only person left who cares.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

i don't know anything about video games other than playing madden and nhl on my xbone but im pretty sure i could make a video game with 42 million dollars lmbo

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
this video should automatically appear in all star citizen threads
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

wunderkid tech game ceo diva can't play his own fuckin game. if you were planning a livestream, why wouldn't you practice first? this video is from dec 2015 and it appears to be the first time he's ever launched the game. a game he's been helping program since 2012.

real confidence builder

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ivor Biggun posted:

Ironic or unironic, you're probably the only person left who cares.

I care

Whats doobie up tk these days i wonder

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Mange Mite posted:

Whats doobie up tk these days i wonder

i find myself often having this same thought

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Star Citizen isn't out, but it's led to a lot of funny stuff. Here, have a sample.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

between september and November every year it is the sweetest most delectable bit of humor on the planet, but for the past few months as theyve been floundering and failing in a million small ways it just isnt the same as their gargantuan fuckups when they try to do something big, like have the creator play the game on a livestream which, if you haven't seen, was a TOTAL DISASTER worth the 19 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

seriously, in the first three seconds he reveals his password and then for the rest of the video literally nothing works. live demo. gently caress me.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

BeefThief posted:

seriously, in the first three seconds he reveals his password and then for the rest of the video literally nothing works. live demo. gently caress me.

You must not know what an "alpha build" means buddy. :smug: They just need more time ! Such quality can't be rushed

sk3l3tor
Aug 15, 2014
Is scam citizen out yet or nah?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i am currently fueling up my space ship and am goign to kill chris roberts and derek smart on the moon, but will sacrifice my own life in the process

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's Ben Lesnick. Star Citizen community manager

Here's Sandra Roberts. Wife of the CEO and head of customer service. Claims to be the hardest working person there.

Wonderful videos by popular star citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNlWQ3s5Xc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0&list=LLiuVX2traAHMLPX_zTLWRsw&index=103

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Stab all those nerds and redistribute the wealth to starving chickpea farmers in isreal

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
star citizen is really weird

these people have massive elaborate fantasies about the poo poo they are going to be able to do in this game and have like arguments about what ships are better for what things despite the fact that a) the game isn't out and b) the details of the game, as in the mechanics, have not even been finalized yet

im a fuckin eve player and i am amazed at the length of time that people can talk about concept art of space ships in a game that doesn't exist yet. like i couldnt talk for 20 minutes about a ship in eve and its an actual game with balance and mechanics and im probably at autist level

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i guess what im saying is that i play the absolutely most shameful video game possibly of all time and the worst most terrible shitlers in the game whose players have a reputation for being terrible shitlers are still less cringeworthy than anything ive ever seen with regards to star citizen

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Classic FYAD.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

PleasureKevin posted:

to their credit, RSI has actually created a lot of really high-quality assets. not all of it is in the alpha, though. there's,

* the racer game thing
* the space stations in the alpha
* the landing zone on the planet (not yet playable)
* all those ships

if they could take all these environments and tie them together in a persistent universe, that alone would equal a substantial amount to explore. whether it's worth $100 million or X years work, i kind of doubt it.

i don't doubt they'll be able to make a really good game. but at the current pace it will probably take them 5-10 years to build all the stuff they promised. maybe that's not so bad, though.

just my 2 cents!!

its naive as fuckin hell to look at the assets theyve created in the context of a persistent universe sandbox mmo and think they have made any progress at all whatsoever. even under their original release criteria of 'a handful of systems to explore' the poo poo they are showing 3 years after the game is supposed to have come out is pretty pathetic.

the stream of smoke collectively blowing out of everyones rear end about how 'immersive' this game will be are loving hilarious, just because a bunch of nerds are walking around on a space station and can undock their ships to shoot each othe doesnt mean that it will even vaguely resemble a 'universe' nor will it be the next-gen super freelancer mmo they think it will be

like their original design doc was a 5-10 year endeavour and the scope of the project has ballooned to such a hilarious degree that even in the most blindly optimistic of light i cant see them pulling any of it off

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ork of Fiction posted:

Classic FYAD.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Every time my brain forgets zoo furred trek

Each time is like a new horrible first with that video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

someone Please contact Me, I need to Sell All of my Ships. I have alot. ok So If you Need Ships, please Contact Me!!

• Locked thread