Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

END ME SCOOB posted:

I own that, so... If I can get it running, sure, it's on the list.

But think weirder. If you've heard of half of what I have prepared, I hosed up.

Well, now you got me intrigued. Are you limiting yourself to any particular era or systems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Cheese Pain posted:

And if anyone has any idea how to beat course 2, stage 7 without using nuclear weapons, I'm open to ideas. :stare:

Lucky power block combos. Possibly skill boosters. I forgot, because course 2 stage 8... :shepicide:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ryushikaze posted:

Well, now you got me intrigued. Are you limiting yourself to any particular era or systems?

Pretty much just "can I make it record" and "has this not been beaten to death". A lot of these will probably be in video format to some degree.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

Pretty much just "can I make it record" and "has this not been beaten to death". A lot of these will probably be in video format to some degree.

I demand all your commentary be spliced together from old Sailor Moon dub lines.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh. That's... actually a sensible idea, decently executed?

Maybe they did it first.

PurpleButterfly
Nov 5, 2012

Echo Cian posted:

Lucky power block combos. Possibly skill boosters. I forgot, because course 2 stage 8... :shepicide:

Yep. I used both a Luna P Orb item and a particularly lucky power block combo to beat course 2, stage 7 earlier today. I managed to make it to course 3 today, too.

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Glazius posted:

Oh. That's... actually a sensible idea, decently executed?

Maybe they did it first.

It's called... Moon Animate Make-Up

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Scoob I have been wondering since the beginning of this thread:

what's the story behind your name, pic, and text?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Aces High posted:

what's the story behind your name, pic, and text?

Quiplash, a perfect image search result, and self-loathing enough to make that feel real.

I have a few for other characters but I never found art that matched the correct level of melancholy.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Echo Cian posted:

PurpleButterfly posted:

Yep. I used both a Luna P Orb item and a particularly lucky power block combo to beat course 2, stage 7 earlier today. I managed to make it to course 3 today, too.

Yup. That's what ended up happening for me. I got two poppers next to each other on my winning try. I've long given up on three starring courses for gems, now I'm just like, "Gimme Minako so I can never come here again! :catstare:"

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
I might go back to course 1 to redo it, but course 2 onwards is a pain and really not worth the effort to redo. Some of the 3* boundaries are irritatingly high.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

On the note of your av, quiplash owns and is pretty fun. And for this event, idk how well I'm going to do once I get into course 2+.

Haine
Dec 14, 2007

SPACE STATION 13
A
SERIOUS GAME
ABOUT
SERIOUS ATMOSPHERICS SIMULATION
and birds
So when I first discovered sailor moon drops and installed it, I was in sweden visiting my fiance. I returned to america yesterday, and during the long car ride home decided to putter with the game for a couple to pass the time while my parents talked about politics.

"User authentication failed. Data will be deleted." it told me, or something very similar. Sure enough, it deleted my save. I dunno why it felt the need to take a big poo poo on me on a day I was already feeling miserable. gently caress that game.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Haine posted:

So when I first discovered sailor moon drops and installed it, I was in sweden visiting my fiance. I returned to america yesterday, and during the long car ride home decided to putter with the game for a couple to pass the time while my parents talked about politics.

"User authentication failed. Data will be deleted." it told me, or something very similar. Sure enough, it deleted my save. I dunno why it felt the need to take a big poo poo on me on a day I was already feeling miserable. gently caress that game.

I'm fairly certain a lot of these mobile games don't like you going to other countries.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

On the topic of Drops, holy crap, the current event is just fantastic, even if that's due to my bias towards Haruka.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Haruka is indeed great. :3:

And in the next bunch of Dark Moon levels (whenever they come out) we'll get Black Lady coming in to wreck everybody's poo poo. :toot:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Magil of Shadow posted:

On the topic of Drops, holy crap, the current event is just fantastic, even if that's due to my bias towards Haruka.

I'm really surprised we've got Haruka coming before we've even hit S-themed levels.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
I'm not even the biggest Haruka fan, but drat, those are some nice animations.

MarsDragon fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 2, 2016

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Oh dear I didn't realize Haruka was the first character they started doing the limited to level 3 unless you clear the entire event characters.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Oh dear I didn't realize Haruka was the first character they started doing the limited to level 3 unless you clear the entire event characters.

For those who have her on the Japanese version, is Vampire Haruka worth boosting to 5? I'm not entirely sold on her "random power" ability so I'm hoping it's worth boosting to max level. Otherwise I'll just keep her at a max of 3 and not think twice about it.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry
Eh, it's worth trying to complete the five courses, but I don't think she's worth levelling up to 5. As far as Haruka goes, Uranus' special move is far more powerful & her Mugen Academy form is the one you unlock in the S Map storyline.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So you don't actually get her as Sailor Uranus in the S map? Her civilian form is unlockable through regular play? That's just kinda funky.

Anyway noticed the UI updated too, guess that means we're potentially getting the Crown Game Center portion of the game soon?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

ShadowedFlames posted:

For those who have her on the Japanese version, is Vampire Haruka worth boosting to 5? I'm not entirely sold on her "random power" ability so I'm hoping it's worth boosting to max level. Otherwise I'll just keep her at a max of 3 and not think twice about it.

Wait vampire Haruka? I never watched sailor moon, so I don't know much about it, but what's the story behind THAT? Halloween outfit, or actually turning into a vampire?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Stephen9001 posted:

Wait vampire Haruka? I never watched sailor moon, so I don't know much about it, but what's the story behind THAT? Halloween outfit, or actually turning into a vampire?

Sometimes your franchise just needs a big gay vampire.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

Sometimes? Always.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

RMZXAnarchy posted:

So you don't actually get her as Sailor Uranus in the S map? Her civilian form is unlockable through regular play? That's just kinda funky.

Anyway noticed the UI updated too, guess that means we're potentially getting the Crown Game Center portion of the game soon?

The S Map is one long cavalcade of questionable decisions. I recently noticed that it's not even in the correct chronological order - Chibiusa returns AFTER Sailor Moon gets the Holy Grail.

It took quite a while for the Crown Game Center minigame to open, but the English version may get it sooner since (hopefully) they'll just use the already completed programming. The minigame was a crash-happy mess in the beginning.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

END ME SCOOB posted:

what, again?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

END ME SCOOB posted:

Sometimes your franchise just needs a big gay vampire with a cousin.

:colbert:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses

END ME SCOOB posted:

She's great. :allears: "Michiru, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

Just finally beat 3-7 which was absolutely killing me. Could not do it without a paint-stripe combo. :negative:

Also on Reddit someone posted some gallieries of character icons pulled from the game data, including spoilers (for us Americans) on the S map.

Non-spoilers and the unreleased spoilery ones.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

END ME SCOOB posted:

well riddle me this Michelle

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kefkafloyd posted:

She's great. :allears: "Michiru, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so, Haruka, but how will we get the horse to play a violin?"

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

END ME SCOOB posted:

As good as this comment is, it doesn't actually answer my question. Did they decided to just have a version of Haruka in a vampire outfit to celebrate halloween, and it was never a thing in the show? I don't know why, but I need to know this!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Stephen9001 posted:

As good as this comment is, it doesn't actually answer my question. Did they decided to just have a version of Haruka in a vampire outfit to celebrate halloween, and it was never a thing in the show? I don't know why, but I need to know this!

Not in the anime series or the manga, but it was in several of the musicals.

Which were completely insane in their own special way.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Stephen9001 posted:

The outfit might also be a nod towards Haruka wearing Tuxedo Mask's costume once or twice.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Hope Drops isn't going to have a problem with me taking a trip from Canada -> US. I would be terribly annoyed if a simple same-continent trip caused all my Drops data to be deleted.

Edit: Haruka get! Wonder if I should avoid taking the chance and just leave my tablet at home, since I already have Haruka.

Cyouni fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 4, 2016

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Because of you guys I tried out Drops.

Damnit now I'm addicted.

wwea3d04b

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I'm super annoyed about the level block on Haruka unless you beat all five courses. It's not like her special is all that great, but it seems like such a dick move to make you do all the extra crap just to be able to level her to max. I have no idea why not finishing all five courses is such a big deal - just give me my character and let me move on. I guess forcing you to do harder and harder levels might make you want to buy gems if you get desperate enough.

I have one stage left on course 5 and I'm finished with this crap, thankfully. But whoever invented those self-replicating enemies? I would love to beat the ever loving bejeebers out of them and then make them play their stupid level over and over again for all eternity while sitting in a chair made of white hot needles. :argh:

(I swear I don't have rage issues! :shobon: I just had to play that thing over and over again for two days.)

I'm grateful for all the new characters, but the events seem to be spamming in such a way that I have no time to play the actual game. I wonder if that's so they don't run out of stages too quickly?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
If you haven't caught up with Dark Kingdom or Black Moon the number of events can be a bit daunting, I agree. The Black Moon updates only give 15 levels at a time and they're coming every two weeks (ish) so if you're caught up it's not so bad. This is opposed to Dark Kingdom updates when we'd get 30 new levels every time.

Right now I've got nothing to do because I got lv5 Haruka (and I am not three starring those BS levels for gems), I'm waiting on Black Moon levels and this weekend I finally cleared out the last wallpaper piece on Dark Kingdom. I'm just making sure all my friends get hearts.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

kefkafloyd posted:

If you haven't caught up with Dark Kingdom or Black Moon the number of events can be a bit daunting, I agree. The Black Moon updates only give 15 levels at a time and they're coming every two weeks (ish) so if you're caught up it's not so bad. This is opposed to Dark Kingdom updates when we'd get 30 new levels every time.

Right now I've got nothing to do because I got lv5 Haruka (and I am not three starring those BS levels for gems), I'm waiting on Black Moon levels and this weekend I finally cleared out the last wallpaper piece on Dark Kingdom. I'm just making sure all my friends get hearts.

I did 3* on courses 1 and 2, giving up on 3 after way too many attempts. So now I'm actually going to catch up on Dark Kingdom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Haruka 3-7 is what held me up for about three days. Just finished course five and now it's back to beating my head against Black Moon 79 (which I've gone through at least 25 goddamn hearts on).

• Locked thread